Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You know you feel old when....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

When Reeling in the Years features 1985 and you say.. 'that's not old'... then realise it was over 30 years ago.

When your grandchildren ask you what a Blackboard was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

You get flagged down by a guard and you realise you have a leather jacket back home in the wardrobe older than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

When you look in the mirror and see an auld man staring back at you :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Ineedaname

When people years behind you in school are now married with kids

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

When everyone calls children kids :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I was chatting to a guy in a pub. I asked where he was from and I said I knew someone from there. Long story short my ex taught him in primary school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

When i can barely put my socks on
    I find the trick is to have a wee break in between socks and contemplate just where you went wrong with your life before tackling the second sock. Same goes for shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

When i can barely put my socks on
    I find the trick is to have a wee break in between socks and contemplate just where you went wrong with your life before tackling the second sock. Same goes for shoes.

So agreed with Lexie, when I read it, last night. Conall's response is sheer f**king poetry though! :D

For me, another thing is sleeping on a futon. Lovely, firm place to sleep. But, f**k me; When ye wake up and ye arse is just inches from the floor, and ye need to get upright ....?!

Oh and, another thing; At what stage did we all suddenly start going " Mnphh! ", every time we bent down to pick something up off the floor :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

You know you're old when you go to school reunion and you stop at door and go to turn around because you think you just walked into a old folks bingo night .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

When all the "cool" songs are now on mtv classics :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

....you drink cocoa and wear pyjamas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

When your husband has erection problems and wants to buy a mini.

Which is worse ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

When your daughters best friend wants a mini or she'll tell the wife you don't really have an erection problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

When doing the leaving cert was more than half my lifetime ago. 35 now (1998).

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

My godson rang me yesterday to tell me his wife is expecting a baby, made me feel old, despite me being only 12 years older than him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

When you're reading about celebrities adolescent/young adult kids in the newspapers (who's dating who etc) and remember their parents before the kid was even born! And you remember that same child when they were just that - a child!

I'll also echo the post someone made earlier about seeing people who were years and years younger than you in school who are now married with kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

Working with people who were born in 1994, which doesn't seem like a very long time ago.

Being more sensitive to noise, loud music etc on a night out which wouldn't have bothered me 10 or 15 years ago.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    When doing the leaving cert was more than half my lifetime ago. 35 now (1998).
    I shouldn't be reading this thread. My leaving was 1978... I didn't get a cert, I just left.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭cloloco

When a brill song comes on the radio and your singing/dancing along and you realise its 'old skool' hour on the radio :(

When you find yourself saying 'there was no internet in my day and no google, we had to go to the library to look in an encylopedia'.

When you start dressing like an aul wan and you like it too.

Your house starts looking like your mother in laws.

When your children want to know what it was like 'back in the day'.

People no longer ask you are you having more kids and when your sweating they assume your going through the change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

When your 5 year old explosion of pink and glitter walks into the room and requests :

Here Mr ...delete some of that cake memory on my tablet so I can download princess makeover 2

CHRIST

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭careful_now

When you know all the songs word for word on Larry Gogan's Golden Hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

pauliebdub wrote: »
    Working with people who were born in 1994, which doesn't seem like a very long time ago.

Being more sensitive to noise, loud music etc on a night out which wouldn't have bothered me 10 or 15 years ago.

I was on a rare night out last night, the band in the pub were very good, but too loud :(. The older I get the less I can hear what people are saying to me over the music. It's awkward especially if I don't know them well, I either have to ask them to repeat themselves, or nod and say yes hoping I've given the correct response.

Recently the eldest met a Glenroe actress through work, and I had to explain to her what Glenroe was. I told her about the Sunday evening fear, Glenroe, Where in the World, and school the next morning. That made me feel old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

When you remember a time when Ray D'Arcy was boyish, endearing & universally liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

What's wrong with buying a mini? If it's vintage or classic it's just a hobby

I reported you lads from local school mitching recently. In my defence they were hiding where I work and just little ****s.
    Young lad on work experience was enveloping cheqs for me and hadn't a clue what they were and asked were they important.

Like someone else said music in pub is too loud. Also needing a seat in pub and at gigs in o2. Its three arena now isn't it. I still call it the point depot at times.

It's just a phase he's going through. If he gets stockings, suspenders, peek-a-boo bra and crotchless panties along with the mini, it might cure his erection problems.

It's just a phase he's going through. If he gets stockings, suspenders, peek-a-boo bra and crotchless panties along with the mini, it might cure his erection problems.
    You know that you're old when you understand the joke. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Mini's and suspenders? Those were the days ....! What double decker buses were made for! :)

Did I ever tell ye about the Finnish Skins ....?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

When you find yourself going back to Mass…...ya know, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You tell your kids about pay phones and they think you're winding them up.

• Advertisement

In a topic about communion money someone got a laptop. To put it in perspective when I made mine Bill Gates was 15.

Advertisement