Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident on New Street?

• 08-10-2016 7:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭

Just passed the bottom of New Street. Garda tape closing it off and one of those tents they use to cover a scene a bit up the street.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

A 28 year old supposedly stabbed to death last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,012 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

28 year old fatally stabbed, 35 year old male in the Garda Station.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭JMT2016

It's on RTE

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/1008/822440-waterford-fatal-stabbing/

A 28-year-old man has died after he was stabbed in the early hours of this morning in Waterford city.

At around 3.20am gardaí were alerted by a member of the public to a man having been seriously injured on New Street in the city following an altercation with another man.

The victim was taken to University Hospital Waterford where he was pronounced dead.

A 35-year-old male was arrested nearby and is being held at Waterford Garda Station.

The scene is currently preserved for a technical examination and the offices of the State Pathologist have been notified. The Garda Technical Bureau is scheduled to attend the scene this morning.

Gardaí are appealing to witnesses who may have been in the New Street/John Street area between 3am and 4am today to contact them at the incident room in Waterford Garda Station on 051- 305300, the Garda Confidential Telephone Line 1800 666 111 or any garda station.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Absolutely shocking news. RIP to the victim and my thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Waterford is getting more and more dangerous, you cant even go out and enjoy yourself anymore. Deadly city. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

This comes after a heroin drug-den was found in the Viking Triangle, and after a student was stabbed about 4 weeks ago outside the foundry. Not trying to sound sensationalist, but this city seems to be getting worse with crime. Honestly this is embarrassing as we were just awarded the purple flag...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭JMT2016

This comes after a heroin drug-den was found in the Viking Triangle, and after a student was stabbed about 4 weeks ago outside the foundry. Not trying to sound sensationalist, but this city seems to be getting worse with crime. Honestly this is embarrassing as we were just awarded the purple flag...

And this is purple flag weekend :(

https://www.facebook.com/purpleflagwaterford/

RIP. So sad for all his family and friends and for everyone here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Isn't there some reports of drug dealing going on on the new Greenway too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Related to a feud between two non national groupings I understand

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

Considering that one of the victims is from Wexford I'd highly doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

There was a man in his 40's stabbed on O'Connell Street on Thursday evening too. A section of the road was cordoned off.

• Advertisement

My mistake then, heard it from a reliable source but open to correction

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

And I believe that there was a sexual assault somewhere in Waterford too, recently?

Rotten few weeks for the city. That's three stabbings causing one death, possible sexual assault and a fatal car accident in Tramore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

There was a sexual assault in John's Park, think it was this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

thomasm wrote: »

My mistake then, heard it from a reliable source but open to correction

Ah the typically reliable yet inherently racist Irish source, can't beat them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

O Riain wrote: »

A foreign national arrested over it according to WLR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I'm having some trouble finding any utterance of racist remark here. Can you back me up or are you going to pull a few straw men?

I'm having some trouble finding any utterance of racist remark here. Can you back me up or are you going to pull a few straw men?

Maybe racist is the wrong term and xenophobic is more correct. But i swear to god we blame all our troubles on non-irish when it's very clear that 99.9% of our troubles are caused by Irish people.

If a non national has been arrested (and is the guilty party) then I guess for once the rumours lucked out.

Very easy to get accused of racism these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭gobo99

But i swear to god we blame all our troubles on non-irish.

That's not true. Only half is blamed on foreigners. The other half is blamed on "them feckin students Billy...."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,012 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Still conducting a search this morning. Tech Bureau say they have "a good few hours" left of searching to get through.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

thomasm wrote: »

Very easy to get accused of racism these days.

Never accused YOU of racism but I hear stories from these sources all the time such as "this black refugee family is getting x, y and z from the government".

Your source said that it involved a feud between two non national gangs yet it appears to be a random/spontaneous attack with one of the parties from Wexford. Now, unless people from Wexford are considered to be non national then your story is clearly coming from somebody who just decided it was foreigners who did it and that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Never accused YOU of racism but I hear stories from these sources all the time such as "this black refugee family is getting x, y and z from the government".

Your source said that it involved a feud between two non national gangs yet it appears to be a random/spontaneous attack with one of the parties from Wexford. Now, unless people from Wexford are considered to be non national then your story is clearly coming from somebody who just decided it was foreigners who did it and that's it.

From what I heard, I don't think it was spontaneous.

What are you on about??,you do know a foreign national could be from anywhere you're the only one who brought race into it.

A 28 year old father of 3 was killed and this is all you can bitch about :rolleyes:

What are you on about??,you do know a foreign national could be from anywhere you're the only one who brought race into it.

A 28 year old father of 3 was killed and this is all you can bitch about :rolleyes:

Of course I know that a foreign national could be from anywhere. My point is a finger was pointed straight away at a foreigner when we should be looking at our own home grown scum for this sort of heinous act.

Of course I know that a foreign national could be from anywhere. My point is a finger was pointed straight away at a foreigner when we should be looking at our own home grown scum for this sort of heinous act.

Who's finger pointing a foreign national was arrested near the scene just after it happened,what dont you get?

Who's finger pointing a foreign national was arrested near the scene just after it happened,what dont you get?

If it's true then fair enough but I've not seen any news site report this, have you got a link?

If it's true then fair enough but I've not seen any news site report this, have you got a link?

It was on the radio yesterday and its in the Sunday World today

It was on the radio yesterday and its in the Sunday World today

Fair enough. I've seen the reports now. Has anyone seen the Sun's article on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Fair enough. I've seen the reports now. Has anyone seen the Sun's article on this?

You planning on solving the case?
    Sounds like it :pac:

• Advertisement

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

You planning on solving the case?
    Sounds like it :pac:

I actually have it solved already but I just want to see how it long after me it takes the Garda to figure it out. But seriously the sun does not hold back in describing the individual. I'm not gonna post the link here but just want to see if anyone has read it.

Advertisement