Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trials of Osiris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Ye probably know this already but I find that i/we seem to do better when the fireteam leader has lowest k/d, ELO of the group. (Which is usually me)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Played some Trials this weekend. Can't remember how it went but think I rage quitted after three games. Could never get into trials.

I went to check how you did, are you sure you played trials cos I dont see anything recent for trials?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

jonnycivic wrote: »
    got the year 2 helm out of my gold package so was happy with that :D

We got a few of the y2 stuff as drops after some games, but would expect for the silver/gold packages it should be all year 3 stuff!! Got the ghost shell myself from gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I went to check how you did, are you sure you played trials cos I dont see anything recent for trials?

Probably disastrous. In fact take it as a given.
    I definitely played 3 games 'cos I have the card with 1 win and a two losses. I'll screenshot it when I go home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

So just to expand on the above here are the stats from my card last night, it was me, JCD and Rossi playing.

First Game: LOSS (Our Average ELO was 1153 Vs theirs at 1845)
    Second Game: LOSS (Our Average ELO was 1153 Vs theirs at 1184)
    Third Game: LOSS (Our Average ELO was 1153 Vs theirs at 1584)
    Fourth Game: WIN (Our Average ELO was 1153 Vs theirs at 1144)
    Fifth Game: WIN (Our Average ELO was 1153 Vs theirs at 1033)
    Sixth Game: WIN (Our Average ELO was 1153 Vs theirs at 975)
    Seventh Game: LOSS (Our Average ELO was 1153 Vs theirs at 1297)

So overall it shows that when we get matches against similar skill level we can hold our own. Bungie would want to sort the matchmaking out though in fairness because going in on your first game and getting nuked just turns people away from the game mode.
    The whole point of Trials matchmaking is that you play somebody on a similar number of wins to you. So despite their ELO etc. they were also starting a new card.

Bringing full SBMM into Trials would destroy the game for so many people like regular crucible is largely ****ed for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,277 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

AdamD wrote: »
    The whole point of Trials matchmaking is that you play somebody on a similar number of wins to you. So despite their ELO etc. they were also starting a new card.

Bringing full SBMM into Trials would destroy the game for so many people like regular crucible is largely ****ed for us.

hen you come up against a team in your third match on their 26th win in a row, after a total of 400+ flawless runs, and you have been once, it still feels kinda broken.

Their 26th win in a row could still be their first of a new card. And keep in mind the odds of playing a team who've just won 26 games in a row is ridiculously low.

Having easier matchmaking for some teams and more difficult for others with the same rewards would be broken.

Apparently people have done analysis and there is an element of SBMM on top of the card based matchmaking too, which is annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

hen you come up against a team in your third match on their 26th win in a row, after a total of 400+ flawless runs, and you have been once, it still feels kinda broken.

I had a feeling you were going to bring up that team :P

To be fair, I didn't comment on their stats until after we lost as I knew we were going to get hammered.
    All 3 of them 1,900 Elo, 2.0+ KDR, 400 combined flawless, 24 wins in a row.
    Jaysus we got murdered :pac:

Their grenade throwing was seriously on point.

That being said we found out fair share of $h!tehawks with 0.4KDR and 20% W/L ratio etc before we hit 5(?) wins

Cormac... wrote: »
    I had a feeling you were going to bring up that team :P

To be fair, I didn't comment on their stats until after we lost as I knew we were going to get hammered.
    All 3 of them 1,900 Elo, 2.0+ KDR, 400 combined flawless, 24 wins in a row.
    Jaysus we got murdered :pac:

Their grenade throwing was seriously on point.

That being said we found out fair share of $h!tehawks with 0.4KDR and 20% W/L ratio etc before we hit 5(?) wins

Yeah, the first 3 games were easy enough for us. After that it went downhill FAST!

• Advertisement

Yeah, the first 3 games were easy enough for us. After that it went downhill FAST!

I was having a look at Trials Report and to be fair we were getting some serious lemons coming up against us too. I guess people just running out Cards for Loots/ROI Book Entries

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Probably disastrous. In fact take it as a given.
    I definitely played 3 games 'cos I have the card with 1 win and a two losses. I'll screenshot it when I go home.

Its only showing your last game as Rumble a few days ago, no trials haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

jackrussel wrote:
    Ye probably know this already but I find that i/we seem to do better when the fireteam leader has lowest k/d, ELO of the group. (Which is usually me)

You've been flawless though haven't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PetKing wrote: »
    You've been flawless though haven't you?

So has Cormac. Your point? :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

So has Cormac. Your point? :D:D:D

cut-it-out.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Not mad about the map this week. Did a couple of tickets, but best we got to was 8 wins with 2 losses. Still not settled on a good load out and I'd rather be sniping than shotgunning, but this map all converges around B spawn and shotguns are helpful here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

So are people still using snipers in Trials at all or is it a total shotgun fest?

So are people still using snipers in Trials at all or is it a total shotgun fest?

No snipers are still snipers. Supremacy it ain't!

No snipers are still snipers. Supremacy it ain't!

The last card I was murdered in, was a mix of shotty rushers and sniper teams. At least it's not all 1000's yard stares and conspiracy theory, I die to a whole new range of special weapons now.

Anyone for doing a few Trials cards?

May be on tonight or Sunday. No mic though.

• Advertisement

I finally got flawless :D

I would like to have been in on the party chat when that happened. Congrats. and more so fair play for setting the goal, and sticking to it. I'd personally consider flawless the hardest thing to get in destiny, so well done.

I would like to have been in on the party chat when that happened. Congrats. and more so fair play for setting the goal, and sticking to it. I'd personally consider flawless the hardest thing to get in destiny, so well done.

It was a celebration alright, got home from work early on Monday and LFG'd it up, ran from 4pm until nearly midnight before I got it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

72549560.jpg

Congrats Jonny :)

In Nathan's, sorry, JONNY's defence, I'll leave this here: :D;)

4419492.jpg

dudeeile wrote: »
    72549560.jpg

It was me this time dude :P Nathan was at home on his xbox at the time :P

Now it was a pain in the hoop, got a scotish lad and a US lad on lfg, we ran a few cards and got them 8-0 and then just kept getting our a$$ handed to us so off I hopped again and got one of the scottish lads mates who got me there :D

Funny thing also happened mid run, we went into game 8 on our second card and the team just left. The US lad got a message, the team were friends of his and backed out cos they had only just started and knew we were at it a while.

Congrats Jonny :)

Cheers man, 1 thing off the to do list, now to up my PVP game to get myself there a few more times :D
    In Nathan's, sorry, JONNY's defence, I'll leave this here: :D;)

4419492.jpg

Hey, you wont be saying that if he carries you there some day :P little fecker brought his entire clan flawless over the last 2 weeks.

Hey, you wont be saying that if he carries you there some day :P little fecker brought his entire clan flawless over the last 2 weeks.

Your right. I'd celebrate the carry like it was Nineteen Ninety Nine.

Ran the bounties last weekend, got feck all out of them, a tea towel is all I got. My christ was it bad, best we managed was 3 and 3. Really terrible.

jonnycivic wrote:
    I finally got flawless

Congrats dude!! And here was me demanding you stream!!

• Advertisement

Funny thing also happened mid run, we went into game 8 on our second card and the team just left. The US lad got a message, the team were friends of his and backed out cos they had only just started and knew we were at it a while.

Wait, so ye were like 5-0 and they were, what, 1-0?

I thought you were always meant to be matched against people on the same point in their passage?

Or do you mean ye were on your, like 6th card and this was their 1st?

:confused:

Wait, so ye were like 5-0 and they were, what, 1-0?

I thought you were always meant to be matched against people on the same point in their passage?

Or do you mean ye were on your, like 6th card and this was their 1st?

:confused:

Im still a little confused about it but apparently there were only on a couple of wins (They may have had losses Im not too sure TBH)

My theory is the passages are grouped, 0-3, 4-5, 6-7, 7+ wins. Roughly

Congrats dude!! And here was me demanding you stream!!

If I wasnt a bag of nerves I probably would have streamed but seriously when we went 8-0 it was all sweaty hands and heart attacks haha

And I had a look at nathans stats there and he is currently ranked: 5727 :O

I'll do a card later today if anyone is up for it on PS4. Not expecting much. Have my RoI book at 4/5 so just wanna finish that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I'll play a card later too. It'll be around 10 though.

I'd run a card. Book at same spot as yourself.

Have my book at 1 of 5 cards. I reckon it will stay that way!

• Advertisement

Trials has no Radar and No Revives :O

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Genuinely enjoyed Trials today. Didn't go flawless or anything (thats still a dream) but did get the 5 wins for the emblem.

I turned the in game music off to listen for double jumps. You need to be careful not to collapse on people straight away when you drop an opponent. A lot of shotgunners in corners camping.

On a separate note they should remove heavy completely from Trials or go back to the old system. That round isn't about 3v3. Its area control and you rarely end up using the heavy.

Played a couple of cards last night, good laugh when your hunting down the last member of the other team. No radar/no revive didn't really change it much for a so so pvp player like myself.
    Half way through we got into a strange rhythm of getting stomped out the door in one match and the next we would stomp the opposition, this continued till the games finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

So no revives again in Trials this week, and one of the bounties is for getting revives

Oh, Bungo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Serbian

Got my first (non-carry) flawless run last night. It's been something I've been aiming to do since a couple of months into The Taken King. I've been hitting 7 wins consistently for weeks now, but never beyond. Feels great to not only get there, but to do it without just being a blue orb sitting there for 90% of the time. Loads to think about and work on, but nice to break the duck.

Serbian wrote: »
    Got my first (non-carry) flawless run last night. It's been something I've been aiming to do since a couple of months into The Taken King. I've been hitting 7 wins consistently for weeks now, but never beyond. Feels great to not only get there, but to do it without just being a blue orb sitting there for 90% of the time. Loads to think about and work on, but nice to break the duck.

Its a great feeling :D And then sitting in the lighthouse afterwards is brilliant :D oh remember you can bring a fireteam to the lighthouse with you now ;)

• Advertisement

think I'd gladly be a blue orb for 90%+ of the time just to get there at this stage. Lighthouse/grimore for this is probably about the only thing not done/got in destiny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Serbian

syboit wrote: »
    think I'd gladly be a blue orb for 90%+ of the time just to get there at this stage. Lighthouse/grimore for this is probably about the only thing not done/got in destiny.

Do you get the Grimoire just by going there or do you actually have to go flawless? I, or someone else, could bring you there in their fireteam, that might be enough to get the points.

Do you get the Grimoire just by going there or do you actually have to go flawless? I, or someone else, could bring you there in their fireteam, that might be enough to get the points.

If someone brings you in the fireteam you get the grimoire now :D

Form an orderly queue people. No pushing. No saving spaces. Oi, you, get back to the end.

Form an orderly queue people. No pushing. No saving spaces. Oi, you, get back to the end.

The upped the amount of people you can bring in your fireteam to it aswell from what I remember :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement