Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trials of Osiris

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,008 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

1vs1 with a scout is never a good idea, not close.

Hanging back with a Jade Rabbit or Scout from that type (Colovance) and taking out people from distance suits me so Scouts are my main weapon (then pulse rifle). In fast paced 3vs3 modes, wouldn't want to be relying on hitting 3 headshots close in, quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Well I 1v1'd against Mida a few times and lost, so I really don't think it's viable against Mida.
    I'd actually prefer my Colovances Duty to The Inward Lamp, as I really can't get my hear around Mida.

Well I 1v1'd against Mida a few times and lost, so I really don't think it's viable against Mida.
    I'd actually prefer my Colovances Duty to The Inward Lamp, as I really can't get my hear around Mida.

Yeah, Mida and a Super'd Taloc are exceptions to the general viability of scouts, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The Taloc is very hard to hit headshots with. It's got a tiny hitbox thingy

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/731160830507520000

Bungie announcing the banhammer having been dropped.

• Advertisement

Bungie announcing the banhammer having been dropped.

So that's why I've been losing so often and so consistently in Trials...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,381 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

So that's why I've been losing so often and so consistently in Trials...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

No trials this week lads. Issues surrounding clown cartridge on rocket launchers.

Good, we'll see even more top-tier sweaty players in Doubles so.

Ugh.......

Cormac... wrote: »
    Good, we'll see even more top-tier sweaty players in Doubles so.

Ugh.......

I won't #sh1tyELO

• Advertisement

Apparently:
    Snapshot is now the new intrinsic perk for adept trials weapons

Ooooh I'm ready

AdamD wrote: »
    Apparently:

Ooooh I'm ready

That's a great perk / reward for an adept weapon but god damn I'm going to be salty when I'm sniped / get the jump on someone and am killed :pac:

Edit: Salty as there's no way I'll be getting an adept weapon

Anyone doing Trials this weekend?

Anyone doing Trials this weekend?

Yeah, from about 11 tonight if there is any interest in dragging my weight. Probably some tomorrow and Sunday evening (if not raiding)

Really want to give trials a go this season. Thinking warlock will be my main here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Trials is interesting. Year 2 weapons and armour dropping from the gold packages. Got year 3 armour on the 5 wins. Assuming the new weapons on the 7. I can still grind for my Doctor :D

Played this last night - matches were one sided one way or the other every time. won the first two 5-0. lost the next two 5-0. won the next 5-0, then lost 5-0 then lost 5-1. Got a new card and finished off the bounties with a 5-1 win.

Got crappy boots and a crappy helmet from the run.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,136 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Didn't get near the xbox until last night so only got one good run all weekend. 7 wins before the mercy was used but then we lost three in a row. 369 arms, two boots(367 & 369 I think) and a 368 shotgun so not a bad haul at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So first game of Trials last night, expecting to get to play against same skill type players, first match they had approx 300 flawless between them, all 380+ with a range of 390 primaries, we got kicked around.
    Second match, same again. We then got put in with people around our levels and we kicked ass :D but only got 4 wins, got the year 2 helm out of my gold package so was happy with that :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So just to expand on the above here are the stats from my card last night, it was me, JCD and Rossi playing.

First Game: LOSS (Our Average ELO was 1153 Vs theirs at 1845)
    Second Game: LOSS (Our Average ELO was 1153 Vs theirs at 1184)
    Third Game: LOSS (Our Average ELO was 1153 Vs theirs at 1584)
    Fourth Game: WIN (Our Average ELO was 1153 Vs theirs at 1144)
    Fifth Game: WIN (Our Average ELO was 1153 Vs theirs at 1033)
    Sixth Game: WIN (Our Average ELO was 1153 Vs theirs at 975)
    Seventh Game: LOSS (Our Average ELO was 1153 Vs theirs at 1297)

So overall it shows that when we get matches against similar skill level we can hold our own. Bungie would want to sort the matchmaking out though in fairness because going in on your first game and getting nuked just turns people away from the game mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Played some Trials this weekend. Can't remember how it went but think I rage quitted after three games. Could never get into trials.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Ye probably know this already but I find that i/we seem to do better when the fireteam leader has lowest k/d, ELO of the group. (Which is usually me)

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Played some Trials this weekend. Can't remember how it went but think I rage quitted after three games. Could never get into trials.

I went to check how you did, are you sure you played trials cos I dont see anything recent for trials?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

jonnycivic wrote: »
    got the year 2 helm out of my gold package so was happy with that :D

We got a few of the y2 stuff as drops after some games, but would expect for the silver/gold packages it should be all year 3 stuff!! Got the ghost shell myself from gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I went to check how you did, are you sure you played trials cos I dont see anything recent for trials?

Probably disastrous. In fact take it as a given.
    I definitely played 3 games 'cos I have the card with 1 win and a two losses. I'll screenshot it when I go home.

So just to expand on the above here are the stats from my card last night, it was me, JCD and Rossi playing.

First Game: LOSS (Our Average ELO was 1153 Vs theirs at 1845)
    Second Game: LOSS (Our Average ELO was 1153 Vs theirs at 1184)
    Third Game: LOSS (Our Average ELO was 1153 Vs theirs at 1584)
    Fourth Game: WIN (Our Average ELO was 1153 Vs theirs at 1144)
    Fifth Game: WIN (Our Average ELO was 1153 Vs theirs at 1033)
    Sixth Game: WIN (Our Average ELO was 1153 Vs theirs at 975)
    Seventh Game: LOSS (Our Average ELO was 1153 Vs theirs at 1297)

So overall it shows that when we get matches against similar skill level we can hold our own. Bungie would want to sort the matchmaking out though in fairness because going in on your first game and getting nuked just turns people away from the game mode.
    The whole point of Trials matchmaking is that you play somebody on a similar number of wins to you. So despite their ELO etc. they were also starting a new card.

Bringing full SBMM into Trials would destroy the game for so many people like regular crucible is largely ****ed for us.

AdamD wrote: »
    The whole point of Trials matchmaking is that you play somebody on a similar number of wins to you. So despite their ELO etc. they were also starting a new card.

Bringing full SBMM into Trials would destroy the game for so many people like regular crucible is largely ****ed for us.

hen you come up against a team in your third match on their 26th win in a row, after a total of 400+ flawless runs, and you have been once, it still feels kinda broken.

Their 26th win in a row could still be their first of a new card. And keep in mind the odds of playing a team who've just won 26 games in a row is ridiculously low.

Having easier matchmaking for some teams and more difficult for others with the same rewards would be broken.

Apparently people have done analysis and there is an element of SBMM on top of the card based matchmaking too, which is annoying.

hen you come up against a team in your third match on their 26th win in a row, after a total of 400+ flawless runs, and you have been once, it still feels kinda broken.

I had a feeling you were going to bring up that team :P

To be fair, I didn't comment on their stats until after we lost as I knew we were going to get hammered.
    All 3 of them 1,900 Elo, 2.0+ KDR, 400 combined flawless, 24 wins in a row.
    Jaysus we got murdered :pac:

Their grenade throwing was seriously on point.

That being said we found out fair share of $h!tehawks with 0.4KDR and 20% W/L ratio etc before we hit 5(?) wins

I had a feeling you were going to bring up that team :P

To be fair, I didn't comment on their stats until after we lost as I knew we were going to get hammered.
    All 3 of them 1,900 Elo, 2.0+ KDR, 400 combined flawless, 24 wins in a row.
    Jaysus we got murdered :pac:

Their grenade throwing was seriously on point.

That being said we found out fair share of $h!tehawks with 0.4KDR and 20% W/L ratio etc before we hit 5(?) wins

Yeah, the first 3 games were easy enough for us. After that it went downhill FAST!

• Advertisement

Yeah, the first 3 games were easy enough for us. After that it went downhill FAST!

I was having a look at Trials Report and to be fair we were getting some serious lemons coming up against us too. I guess people just running out Cards for Loots/ROI Book Entries

Advertisement