Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Ye're making me feel SO much better about moving home next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I was on the bus to work today and a group of what I pegged as late teens Americans on holiday sat behind me. Talking loudly but I tried my best to zone out and not get annoyed.

After awhile of being subjected to usual teen talk. Instagram and the like I realised that they were not in fact American but a bunch of blackrock teenagers.is this a thing? A deliberate American accent. It wasn't even the normal posh Dublin accent it really sounded American except for the occasional word that doesn't translate to the American accent well.
    Is it American media that does this or is it a conscious effort to get rid of the irishness in the voice.

I could forgive most of it until I heard them saying Mom rather than Mam.

Like OMG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Lads any of ye seen the kid from Alebbo making the rounds on the news. I sat there watching it and as soon as he touched his head and saw the blood and the pure innocence in him I just broke down. Just got me thinking if that was my Godson.

I dunno what it is but I just hate seeing a child hurt be it physically or verbally. Not sure if its because of my up bringing but I just have to turn away

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I think the sadder thing is that he's one of millions tbh. That entire region is just utterly and probably irreparably f*cked.

So i just applied for jobs and graduate programs i have no idea what and im just after coming to the conclusion i have no idea what career i want to do. im in IT something im good at yet i feel so incomplete. maybe because im in a sector i dont really overly love. but then again im not going to get other jobs cause i dont have the experience in those sectors... lifes a beach sometimes, and all it does is cover you in sand

• Advertisement

Bored bored bored bored. Someone save me from work

As much as i like computers.. the clients are a bit of a dead zone. and im not sure i can handle them. just makes me dislike the job. feel i think i will try once again to go back in to be a pilot.. The idea of being somewhere different everyday looking out at the world. is a dreamers paradise. feck it i have brains to burn just need to use them before time runs out. perfect age now coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Cant sleep so up late reading old threads from 2009/2010.
    Anyone remember hitlersson666 or unknown13.. Woke my mam up crying laughing at some of the posts hahahaha.
    Blast from the past.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Cant sleep so up late reading old threads from 2009/2010.
    Anyone remember hitlersson666 or unknown13.. Woke my mam up crying laughing at some of the posts hahahaha.
    Blast from the past.

Soccy! How the hell are you?!

I think I was a mod here in 2010. Some of the best times of my life. No exaggeration. It was the pinnacle of my on-line existence, sharing this forum with all of the regulars from that era.

Hitlersson666 was one of those characters who could have become an absolute legend of Boards if only he had someone to stand at his shoulder to supervise him. Got himself site-banned for a true act of stupidity.

Unkown13 could still be around. He posted in MMA for years. Odd, but valuable once people figured out how to interact with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

So I set my hand on fire in the lab yesterday

On the brightside I now have hairless fingers. :D :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

HugsiePie wrote: »
    So I set my hand on fire in the lab yesterday

On the brightside I now have hairless fingers. :D :P

Some people pay good money for that. :pac:

You could be onto something there Hugsie.

The latest in beauty and cosmetic crazes.

Immolation Exfoliation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

An File wrote: »
    Soccy! How the hell are you?!

I think I was a mod here in 2010. Some of the best times of my life. No exaggeration. It was the pinnacle of my on-line existence, sharing this forum with all of the regulars from that era.

Hitlersson666 was one of those characters who could have become an absolute legend of Boards if only he had someone to stand at his shoulder to supervise him. Got himself site-banned for a true act of stupidity.

Unkown13 could still be around. He posted in MMA for years. Odd, but valuable once people figured out how to interact with him.

Ah stop, I'm grand now. Living an adult life etc etc. Who would've guessed I'd actually have grown up considering some of my posts from back in the day!
    jumpguy made a thread 'how old are you' and I was 15 at the time and deise was 14. Like how ridiculous is that. Great times with great people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

pajor wrote: »
    Some people pay good money for that. :pac:
    You could be onto something there Hugsie.

The latest in beauty and cosmetic crazes.

Immolation Exfoliation.

This was my sentiment exactly :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's 10 years since I joined Boards. Is that a good enough excuse for me to start one of my "Everyone pay attention to Insect Overlord" threads? :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

But you're not Insect Overlord anymore.

But you're not Insect Overlord anymore.

It would be a test to see who could put 2 and 2 together. :P I'd venture that most have stopped coming here, or have forgotten.

Last Thursday I had a job interview on Thursday, was rejected on Friday.

I have another interview in little over an hour for a different company. I feel it's a little out of my league or something, but I really want it. :)

Anyone here get invited to the mass event blowing up on Facebook?

Anyone here get invited to the mass event blowing up on Facebook?

Not yet!

I'm going to have to review the number of pages I've blocked from my news feed. The amount of crap that I've had to block is astounding.

• Advertisement

I don't think it's crap as such. It's almost like centuries of catholicism have boiled over and people are using fb to finally say **** you to the church through memes and ****eposts. I think this is the greatest social commentary since the Bandits left prank calls behind

They told us that we have to bury our families ashes in Graves lol. There trying to make a come back. It's funny to watch

There's a reason I like not being Catholic anymore. When your reverend wears a Yes Equality badge on the altar, it's so worth it.

There's a reason I like not being Catholic anymore. When your reverend wears a Yes Equality badge on the altar, it's so worth it.

Do you go to church in Portlaoise? :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

If anyone wanted to pinpoint the date of decline for C&H, I became a mod here exactly 4 years ago today.

Oh, C&H. How I miss your busy times </3

Remember when I had to write a poem about this place? I'll post it here in a moment.

Whatever happened to all that gang?

On the Subject of the decline does anyone here use any other message board sites? Reddit or anything.

To be honest Boards got way too toxic for my liking. This forum was the one exception but many outgrew it and the new blood never came in. Kind of sad in a way and I'm not a sentimental person at all usually.

I love popping in and seeing a new post but it gets rarer and rarer.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure DO was a regular user of Reddit. Plenty very active on Twitter as well.

I'd love to know if the Leaving Cert forum has it's own private sub forum or something, because this is where those posters should be directed (and to their 3rd level forum) after the exams are over and forgotten about.

Advertisement