Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FPL 2016 Pay Leagues and Prize Leagues

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,494 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Anyone else get nothing from the Bohemians league. Paid up in time. Emailed them and got nothing so emailed again yesterday and still nothing. I haven't been added to the league at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Anyone else get nothing from the Bohemians league. Paid up in time. Emailed them and got nothing so emailed again yesterday and still nothing. I haven't been added to the league at all.

Pm missing links you will get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

I'm not doing the administration this year Honey Monster...but with the integrity of the Bohs league at stake I popped into the PayPal account and verified that you had paid (many thanks).I proceeded at pace to the Gmail account and your email of yesterday was the only one unopened (there was no other email from you..I checked spam just in case).I have just there sent you the league code.Best of luck in it.

I'm saying a little prayer that the lads doing the administration haven't closed the league!!(if they have I'll get them to open it again).PM me if you encounter any problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭andy125

I'm not doing the administration this year Honey Monster...but with the integrity of the Bohs league at stake I popped into the PayPal account and verified that you had paid (many thanks).I proceeded at pace to the Gmail account and your email of yesterday was the only one unopened (there was no other email from you..I checked spam just in case).I have just there sent you the league code.Best of luck in it.

I'm saying a little prayer that the lads doing the administration haven't closed the league!!(if they have I'll get them to open it again).PM me if you encounter any problems.

Hello

I know your not admin on the bohs league this year but do you know if they have any monthly prizes for August, being the first month of the season and all ;)

andy125 wrote: »
    Hello

I know your not admin on the bohs league this year but do you know if they have any monthly prizes for August, being the first month of the season and all ;)

Well I be Damned...that's quick!:)

I helped gather a few of the prizes and you're in luck...the monthly winner gets a Platinum Range Card (worth €65) for the Carr Golf Centre at Spawell.I'm expecting it to be posted to me tomorrow.

Congrats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭andy125

Well I be Damned...that's quick!:)

I helped gather a few of the prizes and you're in luck...the monthly winner gets a Platinum Range Card (worth €65) for the Carr Golf Centre at Spawell.I'm expecting it to be posted to me tomorrow.

Congrats.

Nice one thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Group 8 for me in the Finn Harps Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,550 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Group 10 for me. I'm sure the lads I'm against will be tough opposition but I'm still delighted that I seem to have avoided getting anyone from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Group 16 with Hackers. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Group 5 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Group 1. Won't have to scroll through the groups each week to see mine anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

We will be sick of the sight of each other, we are in a lot of common mini leagues I see !!
    FHFC wrote: »
    Group 16 with Hackers. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

has anyone in the Bohs league received a weird email?
    I received one from zorpia.com saying I had a private message from BohsFpl and to click on a link to open it
    I'd be fairly certain it's spam of some kind

km79 wrote: »
    I received one from zorpia.com saying I had a private message from BohsFpl and to click on a link to open it

Yeah. If you open it you suddenly find yourself with a dating account and getting daily emails with girls you might like to meet.

Yeah. If you open it you suddenly find yourself with a dating account and getting daily emails with girls you might like to meet.

They need to sort their **** out
    First email address was wrong and now this

• Advertisement

And people say Finn harps run the best competition around.

km79 wrote: »

Apologies km79.I instinctively opened an email I was expecting on the old Bohs FF account.I should have googled Zorpia beforehand.

Clicking it so ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I know plenty who I might like to meet.

Would prefer a list of those who might like to meet me:D

Another spam mail from Bohs league
    Needs to be sorted out

• Advertisement

Hadnt copped that the CL was starting this week. Started with a win anyway. Not that this did me any use last year when I only won 1 more afterwards!!!

At least you've won a game, 7th game for me with no win so far.
    Thought my 70 this week would have been enough but alas 79 beat me

Wins for both Hackers and myself in Group 16. The big derby not till GW9! :)

Can I get my money back...Zorpia brought a few girls into my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lovely, had forgotten as well but got the win to start off in the Harps CL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fplfan

Howya lads,

For those who are familiar with the FHFC league, how exactly is the knock out cup draw made?

If it's a behind closed doors type of deal, it does seem like the administrator or friends of Finn Harps could fix their team to have easier draws against teams who are much lower overall ranked.

If others are in agreement with me, can I suggest the fairest way to make this draw would be to adopt the CONMEBOL Copa Libertadores style of seeding, where the draw, (made after GW7), would be made using the FHFC league overall rankings after GW7 is complete.

So for the 256 teams in the cup 2nd round, the GW8 cup matches would simply be as follows -

Overall rank #1 vs Overall rank #256
    Overall rank #2 vs Overall rank #255
    Overall rank #3 vs Overall rank #254
    Overall rank #4 vs Overall rank #253

And so on...

And then for (GW12) Cup 3rd round, make the draw (after GW11) as follows -

Overall rank #1 vs Overall rank #128
    Overall rank #2 vs Overall rank #127
    Overall rank #3 vs Overall rank #126
    And so on....

Seems the fairest way to me. Good luck for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 TheDazzler

Fplfan wrote: »
    Howya lads,

For those who are familiar with the FHFC league, how exactly is the knock out cup draw made?

If it's a behind closed doors type of deal, it does seem like the administrator or friends of Finn Harps could fix their team to have easier draws against teams who are much lower overall ranked.

If others are in agreement with me, can I suggest the fairest way to make this draw would be to adopt the CONMEBOL Copa Libertadores style of seeding, where the draw, (made after GW7), would be made using the FHFC league overall rankings after GW7 is complete.

So for the 256 teams in the cup 2nd round, the GW8 cup matches would simply be as follows -

And so on...

And so on....

I'm going to hazard a guess that you're quite highly ranked in the league? ;)
    In something like FPL where you can't ever really be much more than a 60/40 fave over any other opponent, I don't think there is much reason to 'fix it'.
    You could do it live over the internet if you're that concerned and it would be a bit of an event.

Your way is fair but another equally fair way of doing it would be an open draw that isn't fixed, which I presume is what they do.
    I'm not in the league btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Howya lads,

And so on...

And so on....

While alot here are in the league it is run outside of FSA. Any ideas would be best put to the league admin via the club email I'd imagine.

Just my two cents for what it is worth there is no reason whatsoever to doubt the organisers as it has become a very popular and well run league & cup competitions.

Howya lads,

And so on...

And so on....

My cousin Joe runs the FF for Finn Harps and I've never once benefited from any sort of favoritism so there is not a cat in hells chance of any sort of "fixing" going on.

But should my favourite cousin in the whole wide world (That's you Joe :D) fancy giving me 8 easy rounds i would be eternally grateful :D:p;):D

My cousin Joe runs the FF for Finn Harps and I've never once benefited from any sort of favoritism so there is not a cat in hells chance of any sort of "fixing" going on.

But should my favourite cousin in the whole wide world (That's you Joe :D) fancy giving me 8 easy rounds i would be eternally grateful :D:p;):D

Ah Joe is a top top top bloke, didn't realise he was a crooked bollocks into the old match fixing but since that's clearly the case in the light of this damning evidence well remember I said your a top bloke Joe, I'd trust ya with my daughter....... wait.......

I'll email you who I want in the last 32 soon enough Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,494 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I don't appear to be in the champions league draw FHFC?

I'll email you who I want in the last 32 soon enough Joe.

Gimme Harps attack so I can KO you Joe :)

I don't appear to be in the champions league draw FHFC?

Sorry for the silly question but did you definitely enter it? It's an extra competition and not automatic for those in the main league.

If you did pay the extra €20 for the CL pm me your detail and I'll check it out with Joe.

As for the cup draw. I'm in loads of leagues, loads with cash prize cups, and in every single one the draw is done at random by the admins. Way to complicated to do it any other way. Very paranoid and somewhat insulting to suggest the organisers would manipulate to benefit themselves. Especially as the consequences of the organiser or hangers on like me, winning the cup every year would be devastating to the whole enterprise.

Gimme Harps attack so I can KO you Joe :)

Never knew you were Joe's cousin. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

And return game GW11, we could just agree to a win each and take our chances in the last 2 fixtures ðŸ˜႒
    Wins for both Hackers and myself in Group 16. The big derby not till GW9! :)

Never knew you were Joe's cousin. :D

Are yiz not all cousins in that neck of the woods.

E-Mail from the wexford youths league to say there's a premier league jersey for the leader at the end of September.
    I've a 2 point lead, third is 11 behind me and 4th is 19 behind.

E-Mail from the wexford youths league to say there's a premier league jersey for the leader at the end of September.
    I've a 2 point lead, third is 11 behind me and 4th is 19 behind.

Hmm. Didn't get it. Did it give the overall prize breakdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Won myself a PL jersey for being top of the Hyundai League, ran by Mooneys in Dublin. So huge fair play to them as it's a free league to enter :)

• Advertisement

Hmm. Didn't get it. Did it give the overall prize breakdown?

Didn't see your name on the mailing list either

here it is

Hi all,

Apologies for the delay in getting the final tally for the Wexford Youths FF over to you. The total number of signups is 62, an excellent result for our first paid league season. The total prize pot stands at €620 at the end of the season with seperate monthly and Xmas prizes. Guest players and Wexford Youths team players are not included in the prize pot should they win (the winner being the next best ranked team). I will be checking all league entries to ensure all are valid and removing any teams that didn't pay or were not invited. Once the checks are complete we will announce the fixtures for the cup competition.

The prize money for the season will be split as follows:

Total Prize Money: €620

- Leader at Xmas: €100 (sponsored)

- Overall Winner: €420

- Second Place: €200

- Third Place: Wexford Youths Jersey & Premier League Jersey of their choice

The leader at the end of September will win a Premier League jersey of their choice, sponsored by the bouncy folks at Adventure Alley trampoline park in Gorey! Visit www.adventurealley.com to find out more. Winner will contacted at the end of the upcoming gameweek.

Thanks all for signing up and if you have any queries feel free to get in touch

For those in contention,the September monthly prize in the Bohs league is lunch for 2 in the fabulous Cinnamon Cafe in Smithfield.I note that the owner of same is in 13th place!

For those in contention,the September monthly prize in the Bohs league is lunch for 2 in the fabulous Cinnamon Cafe in Smithfield.I note that the owner of same is in 13th place!

Well done to Bari Duncan who scooped the above.I note he made a meal of it over the weekend by also winning the Harps €30 monthly prize.

2 wins out of 2 in the Harps CL.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

Has anyone received Wexford Youths league updates in the last couple of weeks?

lazer.blue wrote: »
    Has anyone received Wexford Youths league updates in the last couple of weeks?

There was a few emails at the end of September, FHFC wasn't getting them though so nay be you're also off the mailing list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

There was a few emails at the end of September, FHFC wasn't getting them though so nay be you're also off the mailing list.

Thanks. Do you know if the updates were from the same person who sent the registration emails?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I got drawn against Ben Dinnery in Finn Harps cup second round.
    I go through his twitter feed every Friday & Saturday before deciding on my team.

I got drawn against someone I hadn't seen around these parts or anything but who looks decent enough all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Should be through in the cup unless capoue goes nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Leader of the 20euro & 50euro boards pay leagues had Costa captain, no kun, starts jaku in goal (whos been dropped past few GW) and Maarten Stekelenburg coming off the bench..

Well played sir..

• Advertisement
Advertisement