Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FPL 2016 Pay Leagues and Prize Leagues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

Hey guys, for anybody interested the Wexford Youths FC league is open to all. €20 entry and there are interesting players such as Kevin Doyle, Conor McDonald, Stephen Hunt, Colm Wooly Parkinson and more guest players to be added soon. Monthly prizes and overall prizes too.

And yes, I am involved with the mighty Wexford Youths but no harm in sharing this here!

www.wexfordyouthsfc.com/fantasyfootball

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

jamesozzie wrote: »
    Hey guys, for anybody interested the Wexford Youths FC league is open to all. €20 entry and there are interesting players such as Kevin Doyle, Conor McDonald, Stephen Hunt, Colm Wooly Parkinson and more guest players to be added soon. Monthly prizes and overall prizes too.

And yes, I am involved with the mighty Wexford Youths but no harm in sharing this here!

No harm at all. :)

Joined this already.

Hows entries going?

FHFC wrote: »
    No harm at all. :)

Joined this already.

Hows entries going?

Happy with numbers so far, around 40 people signed up. Not everybody who paid actually joined yet but the invites were sent out. Will be interesting with the few well known names playing - with plenty more to come! Thanks for signing up

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭dahat

jamesozzie wrote: »

Suckered into this....

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

jamesozzie wrote:

I payed my €20 via PayPal on Sunday night but haven't heard a word about a league code yet. Is it sent out straight away?

• Advertisement

Alanhooly wrote: »
    I payed my €20 via PayPal on Sunday night but haven't heard a word about a league code yet. Is it sent out straight away?

It's done manually by Jameozzie. I got mine the following day though. Drop him a pm or email the Wexford info email on the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I've joined the harps league and CL now as well as the wexford youths.
    I've had an email from Longford town to renew, is there any interest in that one this year?

I've had an email from Longford town to renew, is there any interest in that one this year?

No harm to Longford but I'll be staying away this year. I was never able to find out the orize breakdown despite emailing. Never got any emails confirming winners etc. I came 5th last year in it.

I'm sure they paid out but communication woeful.

Alanhooly wrote: »

Hi Alan

Your invite was sent on Sunday like the others who paid on Sunday (I know because I send them!) Check your spam folder, the email comes directly from the fantasy football league website

If you have any troubles let me know

Regards
    James

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Bohs league up and running

http://bohemianfc.com/?p=10381
    The 2016 Bohemians Fantasy Football Premier League is open for entries.

It’s only €10 to sign up this year – with guaranteed prizes:

1st €300
    2nd €200
    3rd €100
    Monthly spot prizes

Closing date for entries is strictly 11.30am Saturday August 13. 100% of the money collected goes to the club. Prize fund is sponsored. Queries? Contact bohsfantasy@gmail.com

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Easy money for just a tenner!

http://bohemianfc.com/?page_id=6961

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Bohs league up and running

http://bohemianfc.com/?p=10381

The email address given on the website is incorrect and should be bohsfantasy@gmail.com. You need to email to get your code so important! Should be updated ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

GLaDOS wrote: »
    The email address given on the website is incorrect and should be bohsfantasy@gmail.com. You need to email to get your code so important! Should be updated ASAP.

Paid up, just awaiting the code:) Are they taking note of team names and IDs etc to stop teams entering who haven't paid?

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Paid up, just awaiting the code:) Are they taking note of team names and IDs etc to stop teams entering who haven't paid?

I'm not involved in the set up but I'd hope so

Easy money for just a tenner!

http://bohemianfc.com/?page_id=6961

Talk to me after tonight! ;)

This will be tough to win but really is one of the top pay leagues around. After the Harps of course.

https://twitter.com/ellisiantheory/status/761602788849815552

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

This will be tough to win but really is one of the top pay leagues around. After the Harps of course.

Is it reputable/trustworthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 harps1954

Just for anyone thinking of entering this, harps1954 may be a new poster but may be better known to yous as the admin of the Finn Harps Pay league. So yer money's safe with him.

My first Head to Head League is full up and I had quite a few asking to join after I had the 20 places filled. So, I'm doing a second one. Same as the first - €20 to enter, Limited to 20 people and three prizes at the end €250, €100 and €50. If you are interested, PM me and I'll give you payment details and code. The second one is already half full, so you'll need to be quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Pangea wrote: »

Yep. Regular Twitter updates and once you enter, the organiser will invite you to join their Facebook group and all the league details are there and lots of discussion too.

Very.

I'm in fairly regular contact with the organiser over the past year and as above there is a very active private FB group.

They even have an end of year awards do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,809 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Very.

I'm in fairly regular contact with the organiser over the past year and as above there is a very active private FB group.

They even have an end of year awards do.
    Sounds like a shark league though. I'm only really interested in getting involved in shark-infested leagues if there are a sufficient amount of fish to make the pot odds in my favour. Generally any league posted on here isn't going to be a great way to make money unless you have the season of your life.

I know that sounds quite ruthless to say out loud but I'm sure we all think this way.

CSF wrote: »
    Sounds like a shark league though. I'm only really interested in getting involved in shark-infested leagues if there are a sufficient amount of fish to make the pot odds in my favour. Generally any league posted on here isn't going to be a great way to make money unless you have the season of your life.

I know that sounds quite ruthless to say out loud but I'm sure we all think this way.

That's all true. It's not gonna be easy won. It was a lower standard than the Harps league last year. I came 9th with 14k and around 2.5k won it.

But he's promoted the hell out of it on twitter this year and possibly doubled the entry so it's an elite league now. But well run, and monthly prizes give you a chance to win something even if it doesn't go to plan. Monthlies made me good cash last year.

It and Harps are the two I'm doing that would need a dream season to make any impact.

That's all true. It's not gonna be easy won. It was a lower standard than the Harps league last year. I came 9th with 14k and around 2.5k won it.

But he's promoted the hell out of it on twitter this year and possibly doubled the entry so it's an elite league now. But well run, and monthly prizes give you a chance to win something even if it doesn't go to plan. Monthlies made me good cash last year.

It and Harps are the two I'm doing that would need a dream season to make any impact.
    TBH I mostly do the Harps league so I can have a place in the Champions League which is a format I'm not able to be attracted to.

I enjoy playing with all you top players and that is why the FSA Premier League works so well for me but I sure don't wanna be investing all my money every August playing against you.

CSF wrote: »
    TBH I mostly do the Harps league so I can have a place in the Champions League which is a format I'm not able to be attracted to.

I enjoy playing with all you top players and that is why the FSA Premier League works so well for me but I sure don't wanna be investing all my money every August playing against you.

That's why I'm not doing the boards league. But i don't mind a flutter on a couple of 'prestige' leagues just in case that one good season comes along. :)

Hopefully cover it by winning a few quid in others.

Be good to mount an Irish assault on the Moolah. Quite a few FSA heads in it. Ziegler ran it close last year. The late roryc was 8th a couple of points ahead of me.

I think I'll probably give the boards money league a miss for this season for the same reasons. I'm a solid 5k-15k finisher but I've never gone beyond that. It would be annoying if I suddenly went and smashed that this season but to be honest if I managed it I would be so happy about that, I wouldn't even care about the money, prestige is more than enough for me when money isn't involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

What does the CL one involve? what site is used for it

What does the CL one involve? what site is used for it

Harps CL is an FPL knockout cup with CL style group stages. Manually run. But it's full for this year. Limited to 64 teams. €1,000 for winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I've never been involved in any H2H leagues.

What is out there prize and pay wise??

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I know which staff member I'll be calling out.

Advertisement