Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016/17 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Gibson Worried Scrabble

Any word on Jonny evans

Anyone?

I'm tempted to start him anyways, am I mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

FFS posted a tweet saying "Local press suggest Galloway and Brunt are West Brom’s only injury concerns to face Middlesbrough on Sunday" suggesting Evans is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

What happened Kyle Walker today?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

What happened Kyle Walker today?

He went off mid way through the first half as he was ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Oh for f sakes. Talk of a Lamela ban being likely now!! :(

https://twitter.com/Kop_Central/status/769948357599133696

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    Oh for f sakes. Talk of a Lamela ban being likely now!! :(

https://twitter.com/Kop_Central/status/769948357599133696

them argies are filthy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,852 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Wildcard incoming if that and/or Aguero gets reported.

Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

First Gray, now Lamela...Leicester players better be careful not to do anything to upset the poor Pool fans in the next game!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭patmac

Aguero to miss World Cup qualifiers through injury Ben has just retweeted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

patmac wrote: »

Sore elbow?

• Advertisement

patmac wrote: »

I thought he was limping before being subbed yday alright

• Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭patmac

Sore elbow?

Calf strain as well according to City.

Here's a great angle on the Aguero 'elbow'.

Don't see him getting banned TBH.

https://twitter.com/thomasdeeacon/status/769996343016321025

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I said that yesterday there was little or nothing in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,598 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think there's enough there that we can say there SHOULD be a ban, whether it will or not is another story but I was kind of expecting we would hear today.

CSF wrote: »
    I think there's enough there that we can say there SHOULD be a ban, whether it will or not is another story but I was kind of expecting we would hear today.

What should he get banned for. There is nothing in that.

I almost feel like we're almost watching different videos because he definitely elbows him. The fact that he doesn't catch him particularly clean certainly increases the likelihood that he will avoid the ban, but there's no lack of intent there IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

There's blatantly an attempt to elbow him in the face, I find it bizarre you can't see that. He can't even say that he was using his elbows as leverage to jump or whatever as Fellaini frequency gets away with. The fact that fortunately he doesn't actually connect should have no effect on the punishment.

I almost feel like we're almost watching different videos because he definitely elbows him. The fact that he doesn't catch him particularly clean certainly increases the likelihood that he will avoid the ban, but there's no lack of intent there IMO.

Reid is all over aguero he then tries to jump. A natural reaction when you jump is for your arms to not stay by your side. What happened is not an elbow . An elbow that you should be banned for is when you aim an elbow to catch an opponent there is no way that's what aguero was trying to do there.

Reid is all over aguero he then tries to jump. A natural reaction when you jump is for your arms to not stay by your side. What happened is not an elbow . An elbow that you should be banned for is when you aim an elbow to catch an opponent there is no way that's what aguero was trying to do there.

Probably one we're not gonna agree on. Looks intentional to me.

• Advertisement

I have to agree with this. But I fear that this is gonna be like that dress that nobody could agree what colour it was a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I have to agree with this. I had to watch it a few times before I realised Agueros elbow never goes above Reids shoulder (it looks like it, but that's actually the blue on Reids shirt).

Probably one we're not gonna agree on. Looks intentional to me.

As I'm on wildcard it would probably suit me if he was banned.

As I'm on wildcard it would probably suit me if he was banned.

I don't know how I feel about that. I'm on wildcard too but I'm already finding how/when to bring him back in to be a bit of a headache.

Would we not have expected to hear today if they were charging him ?

km79 wrote: »

Someone suggested the bank holiday might be a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Look at his closed fist, you don't close your fist when you jump or try to muscle someone out of the way.

km79 wrote: »

Bank Holiday plus I think they have a bit more breathing space with no domestic game for 2 weeks. Normally they need to move fast to give the player time to respond etc.

Twitter says tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/MikeKeegan_DM/status/770294975057846272

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,078 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Benimar wrote: »
    I have to agree with this. I had to watch it a few times before I realised Agueros elbow never goes above Reids shoulder (it looks like it, but that's actually the blue on Reids shirt).

Never an elbow.

Reid all over him. Aguero uses forehand to push Reids forehand away. He succeeds and Reids hand is forced down. The excess force cases his fist to hit Reids larynx.

Advertisement