Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do?!

Options
  • 27-08-2016 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Hey guys and gals,

I have a bit of a dilemma...

I've 2 pistols, both USP .45s, both are the original KSC pre system 7 models, but the mags for them and the 2 extra mags I have are leaking.

My question is do people think I should go all out and buy newer ( system 7) USP .45s or should I try and get the mags fixed and stick with the ones I have?

Any advice/ideas welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Leaks are generally able to be fixed for around a fiver a mag..... How much are new mags?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

thermo wrote: »
    Leaks are generally able to be fixed for around a fiver a mag..... How much are new mags?

You can't get pre system 7 mags! I'd have to buy a Umarex USP. 45, they're about €200!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Well if your mags are beyond repair and it looking at a new pistol then Tm or VFC/stark arms pistols would be worth looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Where are the magazines leaking from? I have x4 pre System 7 USP magazines and all have leaked from around the base and I've repaired all of them with PTFE tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Where are the magazines leaking from? I have x4 pre System 7 USP magazines and all have leaked from around the base and I've repaired all of them with PTFE tape.

Interesting, I'm not sure where they are leaking from, could you take a picture of the repair if possible, thinking mine might be leaking from the same area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

It should be pretty clear where they're leaking from. Pop the baseplates off and fill with gas. Then hold your finger against the base in different places until the hissing stops, you'll find your leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

It should be pretty clear where they're leaking from. Pop the baseplates off and fill with gas. Then hold your finger against the base in different places until the hissing stops, you'll find your leak.

or just put in water and watch the bubbles. The valves often start to leak if un used for a while as the seals dries out, And some mags also have a retanguler o-ring which also dries out.

If it's possible to take the mags apart and soak the rubbers in silicon oil for a while then reassemble them and see.

Advertisement