Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much tea is too much?

Options
  • 23-08-2016 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭

"You know you're Irish when you try and solve problems with tea"

But here's a question...

How much is too much? I am now on my 5th tea in the last 2.5 hours...I have at least three before I even start work most mornings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

In before all the Barry's fuckers start piping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,520 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

No such thing as too much tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

GuessWhoEh wrote: »

But here's a question...

How much is too much? I am now on my 5th tea in the last 2.5 hours...I have at least three before I even start work most mornings.

That sounds like a lot OP. Is it herbal or 'regular' tea

• Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

El Weirdo wrote: »
    In before all the Barry's fuckers start piping up.

Post of the week.

Meanwhile, you know what's wrong with the world? All the countries who don't have normal cups of tea.

I'm in one now. No tea after me dinner. B*llocks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I personally think more than 4 cups in an hour is a bit much. Granted, my tea cups are feckin' enormous- more like buckets than anything else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

I don't drink tea but when I was meeting some of my husband's family for the first time, they kept giving me cups of tea.

I didn't want to be the awkward weird one who doesn't drink tea so I just kept having a cup when they were. I think I drank about 4 cups of the stuff before feeling nauseous.

I don't know about the hard tea drinkers but for a non tea drinker, 4 cups in the space of about 2 hours is very dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

I drink about 8 cups of/or green and mint tea a day.

You know you're Irish when you were born in Ireland to Irish parents or were naturalised here.

You know you need to see a doctor when you get your nationality from tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

One cup a week for me. And that's under duress. Coffee? A good brew on and I'd drink it all day every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Too much tea can cause iron deficiency. I drink up to 9 cups a day and my iron level is quite low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

12-15 per day. Gets me through the day at work - finish a little job*, have a cuppa before the next one.

*May include bowel movements

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

No one says that. British maybe, but it's not said about the Irish.

5 cups of coffee a day is me. Tea only if I have nice biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

But here's a question...

You're below average but it shouldn't reduce life expectancy too much. 5 before you leave the house is ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I drink about 8 cups of/or green and mint tea a day.

Mint tea is not tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭GuessWhoEh

You know you need to see a doctor when you get your nationality from tea.

Its not nationality, its culturism. Typical Irish culture normally involves tea, problems, chat and hopefully problem solved by the end of the 3rd hotpot. Or that just my household anyways

5 cups of coffee a day is me. Tea only if I have nice biscuits.

Chocolate digestives? Just plain biscuits? Gotta have a "daycent" choice there

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Wesser wrote: »
    Too much tea can cause iron deficiency. I drink up to 9 cups a day and my iron level is quite low.

Too little tea can cause a tea deficiency.

Peregrine wrote:
    Too little tea can cause a tea deficiency.

Either ways, you're fecked

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

It'll stain your teeth drinking that much of it. Feel great smiling with brown choppers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

It'll stain your teeth drinking that much of it. Feel great smiling with brown choppers.

Bread soda on the toothpaste sorts that out stat.

Any amount of tea is grand.

My mother drinks it like water and is still alive and kicking.

My mother drinks it like water and is still alive and kicking.

What I like to hear 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Haven't drank tea in about 15 years, don't even know if I have any in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭finooola

There's never too much, unless it's starting to make you feel nauseous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hurtandbroken1

I wonder if anybody can help my so called husband has messed up badly so much so we are going for a separation to end this joke of a marriage and get him out of my life i was so blind so stupid.

Problem I need information on this thick activities in the pub in Monkstown Farm called the Farm House he was buying drink for activities its a nice way of putting it just wondering if anybody knows information about who this was or other men who did this I want to bring this information cause my money my house is at risk and people like this should be named and shamed in my eyes.

All happened in Dun Laoghaire cant find post on this thing

I'd average about 4 a day I'd say. 7 or more is in "too much for me" territory! Starts to affect my ability to fall asleep and makes me feel a bit off. A cup of tea is so damn good.

Its not nationality, its culturism. Typical Irish culture normally involves tea, problems, chat and hopefully problem solved by the end of the 3rd hotpot. Or that just my household anyways
    I don't believe this is an solely Irish phenomenon. It's certainly a British one, and "tea and sympathy" is a common expression right across the English-speaking world.

I've never understood what's so consoling about tea myself. It does nothing for me, at least, not without a splash of liquor in it.
    I wonder if anybody can help my so called husband has messed up badly so much so we are going for a separation to end this joke of a marriage and get him out of my life i was so blind so stupid.

Problem I need information on this thick activities in the pub in Monkstown Farm called the Farm House he was buying drink for activities its a nice way of putting it just wondering if anybody knows information about who this was or other men who did this I want to bring this information cause my money my house is at risk and people like this should be named and shamed in my eyes.

Someone stick the kettle on and get her a cup. This sounds interesting.

I'll do the twitchy-curtain signal to alert the others.

Have some tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭makingmecrazy

Well, that took a strange turn pretty sharpish

Tyrant, if you are making a brew I'll have one. Thread just got interesting

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Too much?

Where's the infinity symbol on this keyboard?

Turn your head sideways

Advertisement