Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Nerves2016

20 June and 1 July where the last set of calls (2 sets) for intake in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mkelly123

Nerves2016 wrote: »
    20 June and 1 July where the last set of calls (2 sets) for intake in September.

Was that for a September intake? I thought it was August Intake. As normally calls are 4-6 weeks before start.

mkelly123 wrote: »

Was that for a September intake? I thought it was August Intake. As normally calls are 4-6 weeks before start.
    Haha correct August...we aren't even in September yet...shows where my head is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 RTGeorge8910

Someone sent in a FOI request asking how many had scored over 75%. There was 43 people so going by that if think I should be in the first batch. I scored over 75%

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TheCub

Someone sent in a FOI request asking how many had scored over 75%. There was 43 people so going by that if think I should be in the first batch. I scored over 75%
    Me also :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Legally clueless

TheCub wrote: »

I also fall into this catagory...Maybe we should start a new thread for 1509 guys who have passed all stages and are waiting for the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

TheCub wrote: »

I also fall into this catagory...Maybe we should start a new thread for 1509 guys who have passed all stages and are waiting for the call.

Good idea! Make a list, lists are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TheCub

Well I'm in the bracket. Waiting to do my medical next week so I can't be in that club just yet lol

Scored 73% done my medical a month ago..

Rang near 2 weeks ago and vetting and Smt passed so been in the waiting bunch for about 2 weeks lol

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭WannabePC123

I scored below 75% but I've everything all passed just waiting for the call!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

Waiting on the call with everything passed. Counting down the days and dreaming about handing my notice in!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Tackleberry1

Still waiting for my vetting and scored 67% but I've my letter basically written and ready to be handed to my least favourite boss!

Still waiting for my vetting and scored 67% but I've my letter basically written and ready to be handed to my least favourite boss!

Hope you haven't dated it lol. I done the vetting I say near 3 months ago... closer you get the longer the wait seems to be

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Tackleberry1

Haha not yet if I could afford it I'd hand it in now and just wait! It's driving me mad waiting, I'll be calling every week...

Do intakes tend to start mid month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Legally clueless

swl33t wrote: »
    Do intakes tend to start mid month?

I would like to know this also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

When out on the MTB last night I got thinking about injuries. Hypothetically speaking if you were to injure yourself between now and GV or during GV.. What happens?

Maybe I should bubblewrap myself now?

Another day of dreaming about handing my notice in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

D4z wrote: »
    When out on the MTB last night I got thinking about injuries. Hypothetically speaking if you were to injure yourself between now and GV or during GV.. What happens?

Maybe I should bubblewrap myself now?

I imagine if it was during you would be ok, probably be backsquadded.
    Before you go in is another question :eek:

Maybe best sticking to chess and monopoly lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

Don't go injuring yourself before GV, it may well be end of the road. If you get injured during GV you can be back squadded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 SneakyBeaky

Thought id try to start up this thread for those of us waiting on the call! I take it this is the case for most people on here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Robyn O

Well I've completed all stages however when I enquire about my vetting it says it's still being processed. Is this bad?

still waiting eagerly - hoping for call this month but who knows!!!!! Hope December intake going ahead but will know more after 20th

@Robyn - where did you ask about your vetting? Did you do vetting in May/June?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Robyn O

still waiting eagerly - hoping for call this month but who knows!!!!! Hope December intake going ahead but will know more after 20th

@Robyn - where did you ask about your vetting? Did you do vetting in May/June?

I just emailed recruitment and yes I did

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭letsdoit2013

Guess I can join in here now!

@Robyn I think I'm in the same boat as yourself all stages passed and last time I checked vetting still processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SneakyBeaky

I'm the same! Fully expect my vetting to take a few more months, it's a slow process! Happy to have passed everything and everything else is out of my hands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ColourArcade

Suppose now would be as good a time as any to give this a bump.
    Who's grabbing a seat? (In the hope that it's not a long sit down)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

Suppose now would be as good a time as any to give this a bump.
    Who's grabbing a seat? (In the hope that it's not a long sit down)

Been here for nearly 6 months!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭letsdoit2013

Yip same here Bunsen I feel your pain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

Yip same here Bunsen I feel your pain!

It has me worried for PCA running out, mines not due to run out til August but even so!!! Ya just never know if the call is going to come!

Advertisement