Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL 2016 Pay Leagues and Prize Leagues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I know which staff member I'll be calling out.

I don't think thats what they mean by head to head.....

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I've never been involved in any H2H leagues.

What is out there prize and pay wise??

Thanks

harps1954 has one about 10 posts back.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 TheDazzler

I run a FPL league on Blonde Poker forum which I think is probably the best run fantasy league out there.
    http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=67050.0
    Half the events are for Blonde members only and half are Open events if anyone would like to join.
    Not only does all the entry money stay in the prizepool but there is also added extra money every year. Most of that will stay in the members only leagues but there will be a £50 prize for the highest individual GW ranking (not score) that will be open to all entrants.
    The events that will be open to allcomers will be;
    1. £20 H2H
    This will be uncapped numbers.
    2. £30 Cups package
    This will be capped at 32 runners.
    There will be a Champions League (£15), an FA Cup (£10) and a League Cup (£5).
    The Champions League will have group stages and then 2 leg knockout from the last 16 on in a H2H format. The League Cup and FA Cup will be straight H2H knockout.
    3. £20 Last Man Standing.
    Uncapped numbers. As it says. The lowest scoring player in the league is eliminated every week until you have the last man standing.
    4. £100 Classic
    Uncapped numbers but last year only had 10 runners.

I have run a number of leagues in previous years;
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/150/fantasy-sports/epl-fantasy-football-25-amp-50-leagues-836968/
    http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=64170.0
    http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=65723.0

Payment via Paypal and all entries are in British pounds.
    PM for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Hi all,

I came across this £5 entry prize league in aid of McMacmillan cancer support.

30% of the pot goes towards prizes and the rest to Macmillan but it is a worthy cause. For only a fiver i would even suggest to donate even if you don't enter the league as it's a small amount but cumulatively could make a difference in someone's life.

I post this with a purposeful and heavy heart though. A lot of newish members to this forum may not recognize me but for a while i was an avid poster on here. Unfortunately about 2 years ago i was diagnosed with a very aggressive terminal cancer. I was only expected to live a few months so it is quite miraculous i am still here. As such my contribution to this forum has dwindled to nothingness and is mostly conciled to history

The start of the season last year left me with a heavy conundrum. I was so used to picking a team and enjoying the start of the FPL season but the thought struck me - i probably won't be around for the end of the season! What was the actual point in even joining the game. I had decided to retire as the FPL adventure seemed redundant in it's importance to me and one i could not enjoy. I changed my mind at the last minute as i contemplated the great enjoyment the game brought me over the years. In a time of great difficulty, one should have as much release as possible and FPL was certainly one avenue of distraction, release and enjoyment for me so i endeavoured to play the game as per normal. Whilst most here set themselves lofty targets of top 10k, top 5k, top 1k finishes etc with gleeful thoughts of cleaning up in cash leagues - i had one simple target - to be alive for the 2016/17 season. With great difficulty i achieved that and imo that makes me the highest ranking winner here from last year - there is no greater prize than life.

So once again this year i set upon the same journey, to be here this time next year. Unfortunately my chronic medical issues means that i may never experience a "respectable" season as accepted by many around here as there were several weeks where i simply could not administer my team and times where it didn't even register with me as a necessity. When one is fighting for their life on a hospital bed, one does not go thinking about captaincy choices or last minute transfers. As such my team suffered greatly last year as i had my worst season ever but joyfully i still feel victorious as we kick off the new season. For those invested in leagues with me, i will never be any real competition going forward but my goals are different - to make it to 2017/18! As an act of faith i therefore find myself entering the game this year albeit with different but much more important targets than others.

I continue to play as the game brings enjoyment and helps pass the time. Additionally, this forum and it's many wonderful contributors help bring an extra dimension to the game and thus extra enjoyment to my life and for that i am forever thankful. I may not contribute much anymore but i read this forum whenever i can and look forward to the inciteful contributions offered up by the many great players around here.

I could go on but i think i've said enough for now, feel free to take my cash league money - I'm just looking for banter, entertainment and good competition :)

Once again though, this is something very close to my heart so please do consider joining the league below. If you have no space for it in your allocation then just throw in the fiver as it's only a small amount. If i win anything this year i intend to donate it to local cancer charities anyway as thanks for the wonderful work that so many of them do in the lives of people like me.

https://twitter.com/MacmillanFFL/status/759802132467855361

https://www.facebook.com/MacmillanFantasyFootball/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,829 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Your positivity is an inspiration zarquon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Fair play zarquon and I hope everything goes as well as it possibly can for you. Puts everything in perspective I'll definetly join that league.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems Zarquon, I'm signing up for that league now to make a small contribution. Best of luck in the future.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Really sorry to hear that zarquon; hope you keep fighting it and make your target and further.

There's also this money league I've seen on Twitter with part of the funds going to breast cancer research and Birmingham Children's Hospital: https://twitter.com/FantasyFootie1
    https://fantasyyirma.com/2016/07/26/fantasy-football-charity-league-supporting-birmingham-childrens-hospital-and-breast-cancer-now/

So sorry to hear of your struggles Zarquon and thank you for that heartfelt post. It helps put not just FPL but everything else in perspective too.

I hope you find inspiration to keep up the fight and make the most of every second.

Please keep in touch here when you can. Your posts are among those i look forward to opening.

I'm in the league Ziegler posted, and while I have zero slots left I'll definitely donate some of my last season winnings to mcmillan...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Entered and sorry to hear of your troubles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Best of luck with everything Zarquon, words typed out here mean little but your post has really touched me as it was so well written and you are one of the mainstays of this great forum.
    What newcomers may not know either is that Zarquon was the winner of the first FSA premier league,
    My thoughts are with you and I will enter this for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

FHFC wrote: »
    These guys gave me a 500 One4all voucher for winning their league last year

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Easy money for just a tenner!

http://bohemianfc.com/?page_id=6961

19 in league so far...odds of winning big money and monthly prizes are fantastic if it stays around that mark ;)

Ignore email address in link (still hasn't been corrected!).Email bohsfantasy@gmail.com for league code when you have paid the dosh.

19 in league so far...odds of winning big money and monthly prizes are fantastic if it stays around that mark ;)

Ignore email address in link (still hasn't been corrected!).Email bohsfantasy@gmail.com for league code when you have paid the dosh.

Just paid up there

Could I suggest we run either a cup competition or a cl style competition that we all make voluntary donations to join. No prizes for the winner and all funds raised to a charity of zarquons choice.

Could I suggest we run either a cup competition or a cl style competition that we all make voluntary donations to join. No prizes for the winner and all funds raised to a charity of zarquons choice.

CL style would definitely be the way to do it. 32 x 10 would make a great donation plus anyone's voluntary donations.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

CSF wrote: »
    CL style would definitely be the way to do it. 32 x 10 would make a great donation plus anyone's voluntary donations.

Count me in

Brilliant idea. We talked briefly about doing a charity cup thing last year but we should definitely do this.

100% in and happy to help with admin.

Brilliant idea. We talked briefly about doing a charity cup thing last year but we should definitely do this.

100% in and happy to help with admin.

Of course also to help out in any way possible. To increase interest im more than happy to donate a League 2 place to the highest finishing person who isn't already among the 80. If we wanna go big on numbers that is. Was planning on scrapping the Qualifying Cup but this could be just the thing we need.

• Advertisement

jamesozzie wrote: »
    Hey guys, for anybody interested the Wexford Youths FC league is open to all. €20 entry and there are interesting players such as Kevin Doyle, Conor McDonald, Stephen Hunt, Colm Wooly Parkinson and more guest players to be added soon. Monthly prizes and overall prizes too.

And yes, I am involved with the mighty Wexford Youths but no harm in sharing this here!

www.wexfordyouthsfc.com/fantasyfootball

Hey was just about to sign up but reading it. It says the scoring doesn't start till the end of September is that correct.

Hey was just about to sign up but reading it. It says the scoring doesn't start till the end of September is that correct.

I didn't see that tucked away in a blog post. I'll be looking to pull out of this if thats the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

League entered Zarquon.Very sorry to hear of what you are going through.

I was in hospital for close to 3 months this year and nearly went a few times.When I came out of an induced coma after a few weeks one of the first things that struck me was that my FF team had been orphaned.It took me another 2 weeks to remember the login details!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

100 % I'd be up for this

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

CSF wrote: »
    Of course also to help out in any way possible. To increase interest im more than happy to donate a League 2 place to the highest finishing person who isn't already among the 80. If we wanna go big on numbers that is. Was planning on scrapping the Qualifying Cup but this could be just the thing we need.

What do you think of a CL with 32 teams (64 if theres the interest) perhaps using post count as we did before to try and prioritise regular posters if oversubscribed?

I think CL is the way to go anyhow!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

What do you think of a CL with 32 teams (64 if theres the interest) perhaps using post count as we did before to try and prioritise regular posters if oversubscribed?

Would be fun

Yeah I think that's the way to go, I'd go 64, because Im sure there will be interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Zarquon, so sorry to hear of your battle. Your posts were definitely missed last year but it really does put things, especially FPL, into perspective. Your post has inspired me to make some positive changes with people in real life so thank you.

Hope you can post as much as possible throughout the season. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I'm in despite having no idea what CL format is actually:D

I think we had a chat about some charity league in the past, but somehow the idea got lost and there wasn't anybody to give us a proper kick in the *** to get things moving.

One suggestion I would have is to let the money contributions to be open throughout the year (not the league entries obviously, just the payments :D ). Plenty of players have spent a lot of money to join few leagues recently and I am sure some of them will be more than happy to increase the pot later during the season.

Just an idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

I didn't see that tucked away in a blog post. I'll be looking to pull out of this if thats the case!

Hey both, I will talk with the other organiser tomorrow and see if we can do a regular season. The reason behind it was people who didn't sign up in time and there would be more competing (and more in the kitty!). I will post an update tomorrow anyway

Advertisement