Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yeah I'd say they will price Jako at 4.5m alright. Last season none of the promoted side's keepers were 4m when the prices came out as far as I can remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Cartman78

The Daily Fail reporting that Sanchez may miss the start of the season due to ankle injury picked up in the Copa America

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cartman78 wrote: »
    The Daily Fail reporting that Sanchez may miss the start of the season due to ankle injury picked up in the Copa America

And so it begins ......is aguero carrying a knock yet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Shaw making his first team comeback this weekend, hopefully he'll be a decent price.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

He tweeted this on the 30th june.

https://twitter.com/Alexis_Sanchez/status/748541016672714752

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Come on Alexis, walk it off like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Given past experiences, I'd guess Ozil and Ramsey may be phased in at the start of the season after their exploits at the Euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

http://www.espnfc.com/club/arsenal/359/blog/post/2912653/alexis-sanchez-and-aaron-ramsey-among-five-arsenal-players-who-could-miss-season-start

Theo(c) GW1 :pac:

Theo is dead to me as a fantasy asset as long as he waits at Arsenal
    Got sucked in 3 times last year
    Not the same player due to lack of starts and the sharpness and confidence that goes with it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

km79 wrote: »
    Theo is dead to me as a fantasy asset as long as he waits at Arsenal
    Got sucked in 3 times last year
    Not the same player due to lack of starts and the sharpness and confidence that goes with it

If I never picked players that I said were dead to me over my history of playing FPL I'd say I could barely field 11 :pac:

• Advertisement

Michael Dawson
    Michael is set for a three-month spell on the sidelines after scans revealed the Tigers’ skipper suffered a significant medial collateral ligament injury in the pre-season win at Mansfield Town last night. Dawson will wear a leg brace for the next six weeks.

Read more at http://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/article/2016-17/injury-update-3196694.aspx#hOlsH1FrBEX1ILPx.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Michael Dawson
    Michael is set for a three-month spell on the sidelines after scans revealed the Tigers’ skipper suffered a significant medial collateral ligament injury in the pre-season win at Mansfield Town last night. Dawson will wear a leg brace for the next six weeks.

Read more at http://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/article/2016-17/injury-update-3196694.aspx#hOlsH1FrBEX1ILPx.99
    Hull have only 4 fit defenders for the next 3 months. Surely there's a 4m defender in there somewhere, maybe ex-Cork City lad Brian Lenihen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Could be a disaster for Hull, especially if Bruce jumps ship as well

Arsène Wenger says Alexis will not go on tour to California so he can rest the ankle injury he sustained in the Copa America final.
    “Alexis will not go either because he had an ankle injury. That is not too bad but I will leave him behind as well.”
    Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20160723/wenger-on-alexis-and-us-tour#qQVUbDEQdWjSVFet.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Puts Baba or possibly even Ola Aina (who isn't in FPL yet) into the mix

Will hopefully open up a new option for us alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

jimmii wrote: »
    Will hopefully open up a new option for us alright.

Baba is 5.5. They've full on ruled him out of ever being a cheap cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Terry at 5.5 is good value this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

CSF wrote: »
    Baba is 5.5. They've full on ruled him out of ever being a cheap cover.

The little feckers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Cresswell out for a few months according to Ben

patmac wrote: »
    Cresswell out for a few months according to Ben

interesting who is back up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

km79 wrote: »
    interesting who is back up

Really haven't a clue. Stephen Hendrie was bought as cover a few years back but never played and has been sent on loan. Only other LB in the squad is Lewis Page who's never played in the Premier League and isn't even in the game. Reece Oxford could get a run. Chances are they'll sign someone tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Terry at 5.5 is good value this year.

Will he play? Fancy him for the first few weeks until Zouma is back but after that I don't think he'll be a starter necessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Will he play? Fancy him for the first few weeks until Zouma is back but after that I don't think he'll be a starter necessarily.

Not sure after zouma gets back but good for the first few weeks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Like the look of Terry for a few weeks and then switching to Zouma once he gets back fit myself.

Mertesacker out of Arsenal's USA tour with knee problem, no word on timeframe

Welcome to my team Gabriel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Up to 5 months according to SSN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,916 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

km79 wrote:
    Welcome to my team Gabriel

Does this mean chambers might get some playing time?

Does this mean chambers might get some playing time?

Unless wenger signs someone .......Gabriel is great value at 5ml BUT I'm planning for opening 3 games only and their fixtures are just not as good as some others . Added to that Kos may not be back first game I think I'll wait and see on Gabriel even thought I hate missing a bargain !

The boss announces in his press conference that @Mertesacker will be out for "a few months" with knee injury

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says key midfielder Santi Cazorla may not be fully fit at the start of the season.
    "At the moment he is not completely there on the fitness front. That's why I took him off at half-time," Wenger said at his postmatch news conference. "He's a bit behind the others physically but I think he will be alright, maybe not on Aug. 15, but at the end of August he should be alright."

http://www.espnfc.us/arsenal/story/2921254/arsenals-santi-cazorla-may-not-be-ready-for-start-of-season-wenger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Pape Souare seems to have done his hamstring today..

Everton waiting on news of Lukaku's injury after he limped off on the hour mark against Espanyol today https://t.co/es34SW0VyQ

• Advertisement

Lukaku has suffered a cut that required stitches. According to Koeman the injury is "Not serious" https://t.co/WD2LHDkqhV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

And so the injuries begin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

And so the injuries begin...

Stay safe Sergio....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Sturridge out of the Arsenal game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭caviardreams

dahat wrote: »
    Stay safe Sergio....

Although on the plus side, an injury to Kun would at least free up some cash :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

8-10 wrote: »

This 100%?

And so it begins

This 100%?

I've not seen it anywhere official, just speculation I'd say. Seems confirmed he's out of final friendly vs Mainz. But missing the final warmup games and given the way their attack played today without him I'd be amazed if he started vs Arsenal.

FHFC wrote: »
    I've not seen it anywhere official, just speculation I'd say. Seems confirmed he's out of final friendly vs Mainz. But missing the final warmup games and given the way their attack played today without him I'd be amazed if he started vs Arsenal.

Paul Joyce said it:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/697293/Daniel-Sturridge-Liverpool-Barcelona-Hip-Injury-Pre-Season-Premier-League-News

And both him and Milner are staying home tomorrow and not flying to Germany. I reckon Milner will also be out of the Arsenal game guaranteeing Moreno the LB slot. Klopp said it doesn't look good with his heel injury so he's staying back to have a scan.

Against Arsenal, assuming no more injuries, I expect the team to be the same as started v Barca today with Moreno in for Milner and Henderson instead of Can. The only 2 other toss-ups would be Matip instead of Klavan and Origi instead of Lallana. Rest should all start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Liverpool have played 9 pre season friendlies this summer. When you weigh up how much sharper than Barca they looked, and their results in the big games last year, I'm really weighing up getting coverage straight away and not after their first five games. Firmino looks tempting.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Liverpool have played 9 pre season friendlies this summer. When you weigh up how much sharper than Barca they looked, and their results in the big games last year, I'm really weighing up getting coverage straight away and not after their first five games. Firmino looks tempting.

Only 8 by my count? 9th friendly is this afternoon in Germany, which is the last one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Only 8 by my count? 9th friendly is this afternoon in Germany, which is the last one.

I was including today Pedantic Pat :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

SantryRed wrote: »

Away to Arsenal, Burnley and Spurs, home to Leicester and away to Chelsea. I'll almost certainly have Liverpool coverage come the end of September, but it would be hard to invest in them from the off with those games.

Paully D wrote: »
    Away to Arsenal, Burnley and Spurs, home to Leicester and away to Chelsea. I'll almost certainly have Liverpool coverage come the end of September, but it would be hard to invest in them from the off with those games.

Tough fixtures alright! GW1 is a good time to face Arsenal with Kosc and Ramsey, and Giroud, all ruled out by Wenger if memory serves correct. Gabriel played yesterday but has had very little pre-season. Mert out long-term obviously. Sanchez and Ozil with little or no pre season also. I'll be surprised if Liverpool don't score at least 1

Gabriel in tears it looks bad

• Advertisement
Advertisement