Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016/17 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Does this mean chambers might get some playing time?

Unless wenger signs someone .......Gabriel is great value at 5ml BUT I'm planning for opening 3 games only and their fixtures are just not as good as some others . Added to that Kos may not be back first game I think I'll wait and see on Gabriel even thought I hate missing a bargain !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

The boss announces in his press conference that @Mertesacker will be out for "a few months" with knee injury

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says key midfielder Santi Cazorla may not be fully fit at the start of the season.
    "At the moment he is not completely there on the fitness front. That's why I took him off at half-time," Wenger said at his postmatch news conference. "He's a bit behind the others physically but I think he will be alright, maybe not on Aug. 15, but at the end of August he should be alright."

http://www.espnfc.us/arsenal/story/2921254/arsenals-santi-cazorla-may-not-be-ready-for-start-of-season-wenger

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Pape Souare seems to have done his hamstring today..

Everton waiting on news of Lukaku's injury after he limped off on the hour mark against Espanyol today https://t.co/es34SW0VyQ

• Advertisement

Lukaku has suffered a cut that required stitches. According to Koeman the injury is "Not serious" https://t.co/WD2LHDkqhV

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

And so the injuries begin...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭dahat

And so the injuries begin...

Stay safe Sergio....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,289 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Sturridge out of the Arsenal game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

dahat wrote: »
    Stay safe Sergio....

Although on the plus side, an injury to Kun would at least free up some cash :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

8-10 wrote: »

This 100%?

And so it begins

This 100%?

I've not seen it anywhere official, just speculation I'd say. Seems confirmed he's out of final friendly vs Mainz. But missing the final warmup games and given the way their attack played today without him I'd be amazed if he started vs Arsenal.

FHFC wrote: »
    I've not seen it anywhere official, just speculation I'd say. Seems confirmed he's out of final friendly vs Mainz. But missing the final warmup games and given the way their attack played today without him I'd be amazed if he started vs Arsenal.

Paul Joyce said it:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/697293/Daniel-Sturridge-Liverpool-Barcelona-Hip-Injury-Pre-Season-Premier-League-News

And both him and Milner are staying home tomorrow and not flying to Germany. I reckon Milner will also be out of the Arsenal game guaranteeing Moreno the LB slot. Klopp said it doesn't look good with his heel injury so he's staying back to have a scan.

Against Arsenal, assuming no more injuries, I expect the team to be the same as started v Barca today with Moreno in for Milner and Henderson instead of Can. The only 2 other toss-ups would be Matip instead of Klavan and Origi instead of Lallana. Rest should all start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Liverpool have played 9 pre season friendlies this summer. When you weigh up how much sharper than Barca they looked, and their results in the big games last year, I'm really weighing up getting coverage straight away and not after their first five games. Firmino looks tempting.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Liverpool have played 9 pre season friendlies this summer. When you weigh up how much sharper than Barca they looked, and their results in the big games last year, I'm really weighing up getting coverage straight away and not after their first five games. Firmino looks tempting.

Only 8 by my count? 9th friendly is this afternoon in Germany, which is the last one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Only 8 by my count? 9th friendly is this afternoon in Germany, which is the last one.

I was including today Pedantic Pat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

SantryRed wrote: »

Away to Arsenal, Burnley and Spurs, home to Leicester and away to Chelsea. I'll almost certainly have Liverpool coverage come the end of September, but it would be hard to invest in them from the off with those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Paully D wrote: »
    Away to Arsenal, Burnley and Spurs, home to Leicester and away to Chelsea. I'll almost certainly have Liverpool coverage come the end of September, but it would be hard to invest in them from the off with those games.

Tough fixtures alright! GW1 is a good time to face Arsenal with Kosc and Ramsey, and Giroud, all ruled out by Wenger if memory serves correct. Gabriel played yesterday but has had very little pre-season. Mert out long-term obviously. Sanchez and Ozil with little or no pre season also. I'll be surprised if Liverpool don't score at least 1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Gabriel in tears it looks bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,749 ✭✭✭✭CSF

manual_man wrote: »
    Gabriel in tears it looks bad

Never nice to see. What is Arsenal's defence like then? Firmino may become attractive.

CSF wrote: »
    Firmino may become attractive.

He'd need to cut off that stupid ponytail first

I am as per usual going to end up with a serious amount of risks in my team

Was reading that earlier. I'm almost definitely going to go for Targett.

He'll hardly play McQueen will he!!?

Jon Flanagan isn't fit for Burnley's first game, and isn't eligible to play against parent-club Liverpool in GW2.

So just in case people were looking into Burnley's defence early on take note that he's likely to come into the team in GW3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

FHFC wrote: »
    Was reading that earlier. I'm almost definitely going to go for Targett.

He'll hardly play McQueen will he!!?

Hope not! The 1m saving from changing VVD to Targett could solve a lot of problems for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,361 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

If we could manage to get the home games against Watford and Sunderland out of Targett plus a few prices rises that would do nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Reading that Targett article it seems Puel could use a Spurs style rotating fullback policy that certainly added a bit of spice to owning Ben Davies.

MT 2.0 has certainly proved more useful than I ever imagined and it'd be rude not to include him, although progressing to 4.5 is an issue.

Long term it looks as if steering clear of the FBs will be required. Sorry Cedric and Shineon :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Anyone hear anything re John Terry's injury? This is all I can find:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/536003/Chelsea-pre-season-friendly-John-Terry-injured

Advertisement