Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Gutted for you mate and wish you all the best on your appeal.

If colour blindness is a fail, why not state that at the very beginning on the join psni page rather than wasting the guts of a year of someone's life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

Gutted for you mate and wish you all the best on your appeal.

If colour blindness is a fail, why not state that at the very beginning on the join psni page rather than wasting the guts of a year of someone's life.

It does state that severe colourblindness is not allowed, however as I have mild I assumed there would be no issues. I'll appeal and see what happens, just horrible that my dream career choice is on its way out the window by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Sorry to hear that; definitely worth an appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mkelly123

Done my medical on Tuesday and still no word... keeping checking email and post all day !

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭C3POPO

D4z wrote: »
    It does state that severe colourblindness is not allowed, however as I have mild I assumed there would be no issues. I'll appeal and see what happens, just horrible that my dream career choice is on its way out the window by the looks of it.
    It ain't over till its over! I dont know what the appeal process is like, but if I were you I would be going now to get a professional opinion on your level of colour blindness so that you can take this to the appeal. Get your doc to refer you or get a written opinion from an Ophthalmologist. As you say, it is only severe colourblindness that is not allowed, so you need to be able to prove yours isnt severe. It might cost you a few quid for the assessments but it is worth it if this is your dream!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Medical done today, not sure if I've passed the eye test or not, just got to wait for the results..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Gnik91

this is my worry.. Have my medical soon & it's the only bit I'm worried about.. Do you wear contacts to the medical.. I can see clearly with them in but am short sighted in my left eye...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭JD2020

Gnik91 wrote: »
    this is my worry.. Have my medical soon & it's the only bit I'm worried about.. Do you wear contacts to the medical.. I can see clearly with them in but am short sighted in my left eye...

I wore mine to the medical. I took them out for part of the test and back in again after. Probably easier if you wear glasses to be fair.. My prescription is -1.5 and -1.75 and I breezed through it

Gnik91 wrote: »

Ive had laser eye surgery but still have a lazy eye, hopefully find out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭dollasign

Guys, if you fail on the eye sight, go for laser eye surgery immediately phone them and say ive just had laser eye surgery and they will usually accept that - I know a few in the job who did exactly that as at this point they have spent alot of money on you so its in their interests to take you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Legally clueless

Hey guys maybe this has been answered already but how long roughly to get medical results. I completed mine in the last few days but no word yet

• Registered Users Posts: 25 El Ahrairah

I heard back from mine exactly a week later. I have seen someone who heard sooner but don't panic if it's only been a few days!

Thanks - I had no referrals and didnt need to see the doc so thought it would come back quickly. Will hold out another few days

The guy doing the drug tests said theyre doing reports today so should hear today, fingers crossed

This is my most painful wait to date arghhh

swl33t wrote: »
    This is my most painful wait to date arghhh

Do you really think we will hear today??:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭WannabePC123

The guy doing the drug tests said theyre doing reports today so should hear today, fingers crossed

Even for those of us who done the medical yesterday?

Yeah i had mine yesterday

Possibly not given none of us have heard at this stage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mkelly123

I done my medical couple weeks ago, it was straight forward like most of unes have stated, Took just short of a week until I got the result.

From what I gather if you fail you get contact via letter if you pass its by email.

• Advertisement

I'm officially going insane waiting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭WannabePC123

Just found out I passed the medical! Over the moon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Barkly

Same as above!!

I passed! Quite possibly a bigger relief than any exam ive ever sat!

Me too.....I am super chuffed....this was definitely the most anxious wait to date

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Tackleberry1

Same here, just so I'm clear, now we're waiting for a phone call to tell us when we're in or letter to tell us we've failed the drugs test?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roboturnip

Failed the medical due to being diagnosed in the past with anxiety. It's very slight and whilst I understand their reasons for failing me, i really don't think it would have any impact on my capabilities to do the job. I plan to appeal the decision, if anyone has any experience with the process, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Totally devastated to fall at the last hurdle

Anyone know how long an appeal takes before you hear back?

Any luck d4z?

• Advertisement

Any luck d4z?

Still waiting to hear back, I heard it can take up to 21 days for a reply.

Advertisement