Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Yeah they've had one or two minor knocks but it has more or less been as you were since the Wicklow game back in April.

Laois were well beaten by Galway yesterday so on paper this match should be much harder than the Leinster Final. Winners tomorrow will face Kerry on 28 August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Yeah they've had one or two minor knocks but it has more or less been as you were since the Wicklow game back in April.

Laois were well beaten by Galway yesterday so on paper this match should be much harder than the Leinster Final. Winners tomorrow will face Kerry on 28 August.

Why?! Galway beat Mayo by 6 points, we beat Laois by 11 points and Galway beat Laois by 7 points (Galway conceded 8 points in the last 12 minutes) ! On paper we should beat Mayo if you are going by that analysis!

Of course it will be different on the day but if I was a bookie, I'd make us favourites

Bookie Logic: Us 1/2 Mayo 7/4 Draw 4/1. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Why?! Galway beat Mayo by 6 points, we beat Laois by 11 points and Galway beat Laois by 7 points (Galway conceded 8 points in the last 12 minutes) ! On paper we should beat Mayo if you are going by that analysis!

Of course it will be different on the day but if I was a bookie, I'd make us favourites

Bookie never lies!!!!

Laois were blessed with the draw to reach the final. I would expect this to be more of a test like the Leinster Semi Final in Navan than the Leinster Final in Croke Park which Kildare were never in any danger of losing.

That said I'd be confident that if this team plays to their potential that they will have enough in the tank tomorrow.

Bookie never lies!!!!

ha, they were odds I made up! I havent a clue what or even if the bookies have put out odds! In fact, dont think you can bet on minor up until the semi finals

• Advertisement

Cian Costigan starts in place of David Kelly.

Great goal Jack Robinson

Goal for Mayo

Second Mayo goal

All Ireland MFC 1/4 Final:

Mayo 2-2 Kildare 1-4 (HT)

Getting a bit spiteful out there. Jimmy Hyland black carded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Ref is absolute cat. Took him 10 mins nearly to sort out the scuffle. Jimmy Hyland was on the ground with 3 mayo players on top of him yet he got black carded

You would think KFM, for a county quarter final could just dedicate the full two hours to the match. Instead of playing silly 1980s tunes at half time, get a former player in for the afternoon or something and analyse the game live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

will this game be on the gaa highlights show on tg4 tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

You would think KFM, for a county quarter final could just dedicate the full two hours to the match. Instead of playing silly 1980s tunes at half time, get a former player in for the afternoon or something and analyse the game live.

Same story on Mid-West here in Mayo.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Same story on Mid-West here in Mayo.

Our songs were no doubt worse though! :D

Whats the view about the game according to your commentating lads?

Our songs were no doubt worse though! :D

Whats the view about the game according to your commentating lads?
    More goals in the Mayo forward line, Kildare seem to have a bit more quality though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 267 ✭✭El Chapo

Marnell and Masterson seem to be taking over in midfield now. The wind is an obvious factor in this game.

Robinson is a fine little player.

Kildare pulling away now.

will Hyland miss the semi??

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cantwbr1

Score???

Referee's awful. Jack Robinson is the winning of this game for Kildare at the moment.

• Advertisement

2 points in it.

cantwbr1 wrote: »
    Score???

2-7 to 1-12.
    Kildare by 2.

Goal McLoughlin!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Congrats to your minors!
    It'll make our class of minors look better the further you go, so go all the way :pac:

Great win, well done to all involved.

Scoreline probably flattered Mayo considering the referee thought it necessary to black card Jimmy Hyland n the first half. He came across as a right jobsworth.

The black card has to go, it's ruining games.

Congrats to your minors!
    It'll make our class of minors look better the further you go, so go all the way :pac:
    Thanks for beating the Dubs. To be fair, Kildare and Meath were the best two sides in Leinster by quite a long way. As was said, Laois were blessed to reach a Leinster final.

As an aside, I can feel ructions coming down the line in Kildare with our club championship in full swing, it'll be interesting to see if these minors will be released to play for their clubs, many of which rely on a lot of these lads.

El Chapo wrote: »
    As an aside, I can feel ructions coming down the line in Kildare with our club championship in full swing, it'll be interesting to see if these minors will be released to play for their clubs, many of which rely on a lot of these lads.

No reason why not. The semi final is almost a full month away.

Players choice at end of the day and I know for sure most players on that panel wont want to risk themselves. Nor will clubs put any pressure on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

Players choice at end of the day and I know for sure most players on that panel wont want to risk themselves. Nor will clubs put any pressure on them.

players choice! like an intercounty gaa player could wrap their head around that concept, if there's one thing for certain it is that it wont be the players who get to decide

• Advertisement

You're on a roll today. :rolleyes:

The players won't decide, they can't choose what games they can play, there's lots of time and money invested in these lads, if they're told they can play club championship, they will have to.

Clubs won't put pressure on the young lads themselves but they will let their feelings known with the CB. Again, it's the clubs who have produced these players and it's only right they can use them for championship. The likes of Ballyteague and Clogherinkoe rely heavily on Hyland and Robinson, not every club can field 3 or 4 teams like the Sarsfields and Moorefields of this world.

Advertisement