Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daft Punk may or may not play Slane 2017? I am just speculating.

• 16-07-2016 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

They toured in 97 and 07 surely they will tour 2017...slane would be the only spot for them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Most misleading thread title ever. Well done.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

No chance,

It'll be something stupid like that Canadian band that everyone hates,

Or Lady Gaga,

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Guns N Roses for slane 2017 i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

Saw them at Marlay Park in 2007, terrible gig, might as well have been listening to the cd and the light show was pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they toured in 2006 too, so maybe they're playing Slane next week or something....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

Most misleading thread title ever. Well done.

Yeah ffs OP got my hopes up:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

Yeah ffs OP got my hopes up:rolleyes:

+1 to that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

A pair of cúnts wearing helmets playing a CD to a crowd of pissed up big event whores in the worst venue in the country.

No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

mark13 wrote: »
    Saw them at Marlay Park in 2007, terrible gig, might as well have been listening to the cd and the light show was pants.
    Ha, no you didn't, but nice try Troll. Christ, you guys are getting stupider by the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,267 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Slane has mainly been rock acts although when Madonna played that would be questionable but Iggy supported, a nutty support perhaps but he was the rock bit.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Ha, no you didn't, but nice try Troll. Christ, you guys are getting stupider by the minute.

My apologies, it was 2006 and it was dogshít.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Their documentary is on netflix. It was on RTE the other night too. I would be certain they will be touring next year. First gig will be coachella again i would imagine.

It just a case of where will be playing. I hope it is a one off gig on their instead of the picnic some other festival. it is just a case of where. I hope it is not marley park.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Certain based on what?

Gut feeling? The way the steam rises from a cow pat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Pretty much

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I would love if they played Slane. It would give me no reason at all to go there. I'd be disappointed if someone I liked was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Just heard Pink Floyd on my CD player there.

Reckon they're a shoo-in for five nights in Croke Park next year so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

My apologies, it was 2006 and it was dogshít.
    it was a great gig!

A fantastic (albeit pre recorded) mashup of all their best and the light show was incredible. You'd have to be the most devoted miserable git on earth to not have enjoyed it.

But yes, thread title is ridiculous

McTigs wrote: »
    My apologies, it was 2006 and it was dogsh t.
    it was a great gig!

A fantastic (albeit pre recorded) mashup of all their best and the light show was incredible. You'd have to be the most devoted miserable git on earth to not have enjoyed it.

But yes, thread title is ridiculous
    Ah sure there's always one token mong that thinks anything universally loved is ****e, not even worth debating with really.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Ah sure there's always one token mong that thinks anything universally loved is ****e, not even worth debating with really.

Mong? Most of your posts on here are about how terrible popular musicians are and why they're not suited for the "Picnic". Go to bed and have a **** to Robot Rock you dork.

• Advertisement

Sure Slane has never been about electronica acts anyway its always been iconic rock acts that have played these events.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

... its always been iconic rock acts ...

cough bryan adams cough cough stereophonics cough cough...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I can't stand the fella but Bryan Adams is pretty iconic... 100 million sales etc

Mad to think Muse supported him that day

Mong? Most of your posts on here are about how terrible popular musicians are and why they're not suited for the "Picnic". Go to bed and have a **** to Robot Rock you dork.

And most of your posts are about how great Trump is. See, I can make up bull**** on the spot too. Now **** off you little contrarian skidmark.

Wow lads chill the beans there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

This thread should just be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Why did you put the word Picnic in quotation marks? Seems unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Seems to be loads going around facebook about the co-ordainates of marley park on the coding of their website anyone know more details?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

JamieHP wrote: »
    Seems to be loads going around facebook about the co-ordainates of marley park on the coding of their website anyone know more details?
    there's co-ordinates on a probably hoax website that people are blindly posting around. the co-ordinates point to several major cities.

one of the co-ordinates doesn't point to anywhere, because for some reason there's the letter N in the middle. Google Maps suggests somewhere 5km away from Marley Park if you search for it in Ireland though, as that's its best guess.

if you take out the N which would make it proper co-ordinates, it points to London....

basically it's almost certainly a hoax website, and the co-ordinates are wrong, and don't point to Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well, there's a date at the bottom of the source code: 2016-10-27 so I suppose we'll find out then. I'd say it's a hoax alright.

Advertisement