Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daft Punk may or may not play Slane 2017? I am just speculating.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I would be surprised if it was real. Every year there are rumours but this year is even worse due to the 97/07/17 sequence.. Won't hold my breathe or get excited about it, BUT if they were to confirm a tour it goes without saying that it would be the greatest news to ever happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

They will be touring. It is just a case of where they will be playing in ireland
    Slane
    Picnic
    Marley park
    Avivia

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Picnic can't afford them and they are too big for it. I've tried to get into their music but I just can't understand why they are so popular, it's all a bit boring and predictable, there's far more interesting electronic music out there. If they play Glastonbury I might see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭s8n

all I will say is keep an eye out for Marlay park events on June 17th next year

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The Nal wrote: »
    A pair of cúnts wearing helmets playing a CD to a crowd of pissed up big event whores in the worst venue in the country.

No thanks.
    I always thought Slane was an absolute shíte venue too. No idea what the attraction is to the place

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Sad news has come that many will never get to see Daft Punk play live as they have announced they have split up :(

In typical Daft Punk style they've left us with a video to announce the end called Epilogue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=314&v=DuDX6wNfjqc&feature=emb_logo

Full article here on their 28 year career together
    https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-56158867

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Shame, their Slane gig in 2007 was immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Toast

Already on the rocks with the death of David Bowie, the fake festival lineup industry received another major blow with the announcement of the breakup of Daft Punk. A spokesperson said "If we lose Aphex Twin we might as well call it day.".

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

So glad I got to see Bowie at Primavera as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement