Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

********** SHERPAFEST 2016 **********

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

*GenericDreadhead Sneakily leaves chat after autocorrect causes sex joke scandal*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I also won't get on for Sherpa this evening as somethings come up but I should be good for tomorrow, if yiz need me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cormac... wrote: »
    *GenericDreadhead Sneakily leaves chat after autocorrect causes sex joke scandal*

Oh the shame...... wait until I get on with you and the missus later....... tell her what your saying about it her to all the lads :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PlainP wrote: »
    I also won't get on for Sherpa this evening as somethings come up but I should be good for tomorrow, if yiz need me.

No problem at all, might not go ahead tonight the way things are looking but we always have been very accommodating so change of times etc should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Oh the shame...... wait until I get on with you and the missus later....... tell her what your saying about it her to all the lads :P

She's usually in the room. She doesn't care. She's just like "you're so full of s**t"

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    She's usually in the room. She doesn't care. She's just like "you're so full of s**t"

Ah here..... get that woman of yours onto destiny..... she shares the same views as the rest of us so will fit in easy :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

No problem at all, might not go ahead tonight the way things are looking but we always have been very accommodating so change of times etc should be ok.

Depending on what time I get back I could still get on so don't rule me out completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Cool - i should be around for xbone raids if needed from 8pm onwards.
    GT Sharperkiller

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Cool - i should be around for xbone raids if needed from 8pm onwards.
    GT Sharperkiller

No problem, my son is doing the xbox raids so I told him to add you and send you a message to sort it out. His GT is Motorh34d12 and he is really god dam good at destiny as most of the lads on the PS4 found out when he hijacked mine :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

No problem, my son is doing the xbox raids so I told him to add you and send you a message to sort it out. His GT is Motorh34d12 and he is really god dam good at destiny as most of the lads on the PS4 found out when he hijacked mine :P

You say highjacked, we say forced into playing on your account to improve your crucible stats.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

You say highjacked, we say forced into playing on your account to improve your crucible stats.

:pac::pac::pac:

No no, it was at a time when he had no interest in any other game other than COD. I wanted to broaden his horizons..... asked if he wanted to play 1 game to see what he thought. He played 1 game and wiped up, disappeared downstairs for a while then came back and hijacked my ps4 for hours because he became an addict haha

In fairness his stats are unreal, I must check his Xbone stats to see what he is at:

http://guardian.gg/en/profile/1/MOTORH34D12/14

Dam....... his stats are good :D

No no, it was at a time when he had no interest in any other game other than COD. I wanted to broaden his horizons..... asked if he wanted to play 1 game to see what he thought. He played 1 game and wiped up, disappeared downstairs for a while then came back and hijacked my ps4 for hours because he became an addict haha

In fairness his stats are unreal, I must check his Xbone stats to see what he is at:

http://guardian.gg/en/profile/1/MOTORH34D12/14

Dam....... his stats are good :D

Yeah, credit where it's due, he could put a lot of us to shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ok folks for tonight we have the following:

Sherpa's
    Cormac
    Dudeeile
    Optimus
    CDB
    Nev
    Jonnycivic
    PetKing
    Solvable
    PlainP
    AbusesToilets
    Angron

Shepee's
    klose (scottwellboi)
    jarain (maxiburke)

So guys I know Cormac and Dude already have plans for tonight so with only 2 newbies we should do 1 run. Its Oryx challenge this week so for loot and ease of mechanics I say its Kings Fall tonight and maybe Crota after if there is time. I dont mind been a sub so its down to the following for a run with the 2 lads:
    Optimus
    CDB
    Nev
    PetKing
    Solvable
    PlainP
    AbusesToilets

So first 4 available let me know and we can get this stuff arranged :D

To the lads on the xbox one, i will get one of the lads to add you later, they are looking at run starting at around 8pm for kings fall tonight.

Sweet I'll be on tonight but my internet is kicking up a stink the last couple of days, would love to give it a run though.!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

would love to get Oryx done at some stage if there is any room for a not very good player on XBone. Might be able to persuade my son to step in instead of me - he is much handier than me at Destiny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Skolas was knocked out last night for the first time with someone who couldn't be classed as a noob, we tried it legit but there was some sneaky sword play involved as we were running against the clock.

Got a full KF hard done from start to finish with one of the lads who had never done any raid before so that was surprising to say the least, it all went seriously well beating the start, ship jumps, relay and warpriest first time, I think Golgoroth was on the second attempt. Started getting some funky lag at the sisters but all done pretty smooth.

To drop Oryx was a bonus, had a few runs just getting a feel for things, bombs, shade and the like and when we went for it, it got done pretty quickly also. Start to finish in about 2hr 45mins.

Went on to CE after that, loaded another guy in, he had 1 completion behind him I think, easily messed around on Crota for a good 30mins but still completed it in 1hr 15mins.

In our wisdom we then decided to do a good ol VoG, loaded up some randomer from reddit and got him his first completion. We spent what seemed like an eternity on the Oracles and then the Templar but Atheon was dropped during the first time's vengeance. All in all only 1hr 45mins to finish.

I had mighty craic but was on the downward spiral at logging off time, watched a bit of UFC then hit the cot.

I had actually forgot how much fun VoG is, it's a shame that Atheon is now so easy to drop, if you had to work a little harder on that final encounter I think it would be even more enjoyable. I used a year 1 primary throughout but really to make it that bit more challenging I think year 1 weapons only would be mighty good fun.

I'm looking forward to running VoG a bit more between now and RoI.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭klose

Great fun playing with ye lads, looking forward to knocking out some more raids etc with ye. Have a bit of an idea of the raid mechanics so hopefully can improve :)

Dude I think we got golg on the first try :) it was a seriously smooth few runs and I managed to bag a ghorn from it too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Dude I think we got golg on the first try :) it was a seriously smooth few runs and I managed to bag a ghorn from it too

Jumping ship, relay race, Warpriest and Golgoroth were all done 1st time. Lag issues at sisters & oryx held us up.

Big thanks to Motorh34d12 & the rest for the help with Kingsfall last night. Warpriest & Golgoroth done and hopefully will get Oryx done tonight. Thankfully my son was doing it for me, so was a lot smoother than if it was me. Really appreciate the help.

Chieftain wrote: »
    Big thanks to Motorh34d12 & the rest for the help with Kingsfall last night. Warpriest & Golgoroth done and hopefully will get Oryx done tonight. Thankfully my son was doing it for me, so was a lot smoother than if it was me. Really appreciate the help.

Glad yis got up and running, ah you should drop Oryx no real problems tonight :)

• Advertisement

If anyone doing Kingsfall on XBone, give me a shout. Have never completed it so would be good to do Oryx. Free most evening. GT= SteelGlint67 Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Hi Chieftain - I'll add you this evening, but I wouldnt be doing it until Friday or Saturday... and assuming we can find someone that actually knows how to complete it :)

Gt: Sharperkiller

fair play - thanks for that

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Hi Chieftain - I'll add you this evening, but I wouldnt be doing it until Friday or Saturday... and assuming we can find someone that actually knows how to complete it :)

Gt: Sharperkiller
    If anyone doing Kingsfall on XBone, give me a shout. Have never completed it so would be good to do Oryx. Free most evening. GT= SteelGlint67 Cheers

Motorh34d12 should be able to help you out lads, add him and pop him a message. I know he has told me its hard to get numbers on the xbone for KF raids so having you guys aswell should easily get raids knocked out every week :)

Yeah got a fair bit of Kingsfall done the other night with Motorh34d12. He was great. Were going to finish Oryx on Monday night, but didn't have the numbers. Hopefully get the job done another evening

Yeah got a fair bit of Kingsfall done the other night with Motorh34d12. He was great. Were going to finish Oryx on Monday night, but didn't have the numbers. Hopefully get the job done another evening

Man you should see him play PvP, hes unreal. He does carries on trials too over the weekends if you guys are interested aswell. Most of the playstation lads have played with him on my account and they will tell you he is top notch, still wont teach me how to up my game tho the little punk haha

Oh the best night for him to raid is probably Fri or Sun this weekend and I think with his friends there is usually 4 of them at any given time playing.

Most of the playstation lads have played with him on my account and they will tell you he is top notch, still wont teach me how to up my game tho the little punk haha

Some are born great jonny, and others? Well ......... Mediocrity cannot be improved on. :D

It's genetics or something :o

Some are born great jonny, and others? Well ......... Mediocrity cannot be improved on. :D

It's genetics or something :o

I'm blaming my gammy pad haha

I'm blaming my gammy pad haha

That's cause your wearing it wrong.

NSFW

• Advertisement

That's cause your wearing it wrong.

NSFW

You mean thats the wrong way:confused::D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement