Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

********** SHERPAFEST 2016 **********

Options
  • 01-07-2016 9:40am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads/Lassies,

Last time we ran this is was a good laugh last November, we got the following done:

Hard VoG, Hard CE and Skolas

Now this time around we have Kings Fall to add to the mix.

So what is Sherpafest I hear you say............

Well basically its a few of the dab hands at raids taking a few fresh faced guardians through the raids explaining how to run them etc.
    So Noobs dont be afraid and use this as your chance to get more involved in the clan and get to know a few more of the members.

So depending on numbers we can have a few groups on this so in the spirit of a bit of fun we will have a little friendly competition amongst the groups on times to complete etc. (Maybe even a no HUD challenge aswell :P)

So it doesnt matter if you never done a raid or your a riad pro everyone is welcome. I propose stretching it over 2 Friday Nights?

Who's up for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You can put my name down, always happy to do a Sherpa run :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Hello, my name is Optimus and I've never killed Skolas.

Geralt? Is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Back of the queue!!

I'm in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Yep, I'm in also.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Grand job lads, in terms of when to run it I propose starting next week (Oryx Challenge would be grand for most Noobs in terms of learning mechanics) so that would be the 8th of July.

Oh also for anyone unfamiliar with any of the raids just pop it in your reply which ones youve done etc so we can spread out the groups :)

dudeeile wrote: »
    Geralt? Is that you?

It's Lord Ravix of Fourhorn you peasant swineherd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I'm onboard! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Grand job lads, in terms of when to run it I propose starting next week (Oryx Challenge would be grand for most Noobs in terms of learning mechanics) so that would be the 8th of July.

Oh also for anyone unfamiliar with any of the raids just pop it in your reply which ones youve done etc so we can spread out the groups :)

Put me on the bench and if you are short numbers I am happy to step in as a substitute if you see me online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I'll throw my name in for this and that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I'd be up for it as well. Count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭klose

Count me in lads, am a raid virgin bar soloing the first part of crota on my hunter.!

Add me on psn scottwellboi, already part of the boards clan 2 on it.

Edit: should mention i wont be on a whole ton over the weekend if at all.! Usually am good for good long sessions however.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I'd be down

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm down to be lead through the raids. Won't be around from the 8th until the 13th, but I can do stuff around those dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

I'd be well up for it as well. Have done vault of glass during Sherpafest '15 but not done Crota. Have done the sisters at Oryx but that's it.

Have caught the bug again after logging in for a few iron banner games!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Yeah - put me done for XBONE

GT - SharperKiller
    Light 335

Think I have done them all at some point on easy & hard, except skolas.

Forgotten all of them at this stage and I had no f-in clue what was happening on the final boss in the TKK raid...

Available most friday nights. Depending on start time I might be able to get a few Yanks on board too.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

I've never gotten the Kingsfall done. Would love to get the Oryx bit of it done.

GT is Steelglint67 and i'm on Xbox one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

We dont have too many for Xbox one so far but I know of 3 lads that have done Kings Fall a few times so I will ask them to jump on board for this if we dont have better numbers by Thursday :)

jarain wrote: »
    I'd be well up for it as well. Have done vault of glass during Sherpafest '15 but not done Crota. Have done the sisters at Oryx but that's it.

Have caught the bug again after logging in for a few iron banner games!!!

Watch a few videos on Deathsingers checkpoint. A lot happens in a short space of time.

• Advertisement

Watch a few videos on Deathsingers checkpoint. A lot happens in a short space of time.

I'll have a look at a few tonight. Cheers man.

Ok folks for tonight we have the following:

Sherpa's
    Cormac
    Dudeeile
    Optimus
    CDB
    Nev
    Jonnycivic
    PetKing
    Solvable
    PlainP
    AbusesToilets
    Angron

Shepee's
    klose (scottwellboi)
    jarain (maxiburke)

So guys I know Cormac and Dude already have plans for tonight so with only 2 newbies we should do 1 run. Its Oryx challenge this week so for loot and ease of mechanics I say its Kings Fall tonight and maybe Crota after if there is time. I dont mind been a sub so its down to the following for a run with the 2 lads:
    Optimus
    CDB
    Nev
    PetKing
    Solvable
    PlainP
    AbusesToilets

So first 4 available let me know and we can get this stuff arranged :D

To the lads on the xbox one, i will get one of the lads to add you later, they are looking at run starting at around 8pm for kings fall tonight.

Working till 10 tonight. If I'm on at all be about half past.

On the PS just arrange a KF and try to fit 1 noob in for tonight, getting Oryx down is initially a right pain as there is a lot going on

I'm pretty sure I can raid tomorrow night so we can fit someone else in there if one can be arranged.

dudeeile wrote: »
    On the PS just arrange a KF and try to fit 1 noob in for tonight, getting Oryx down is initially a right pain as there is a lot going on

I'm pretty sure I can raid tomorrow night so we can fit someone else in there if one can be arranged.

Yeah thats true, I dont mind splitting it etc. Just need to arrange people for tonight so I will add the 2 lads and see whos available for tonight etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yeah thats true, I dont mind splitting it etc. Just need to arrange people for tonight so I will add the 2 lads and see whos available for tonight etc.

I may not be able to make it this evening. I would be around tomorrow evening though.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

I'll probably be floating around tonight if ye need bodies but I'm FAR from a Sherpa

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Should be online from around 9 tonight.

I'll be caught in work until 9ish which I wasn't expecting but I should be on soon after that if I can get out clean.

• Advertisement

jarain wrote: »
    I'll be caught in work until 9ish which I wasn't expecting but I should be on soon after that if I can get out clean.

Grand job, I will get a group chat together and we see how it goes then this evening, Im caught up in work late too hence me been sub.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement