Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Humble Monthly

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Big turnoff for me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Pretty decent bundle, if only for the fact I've already got Satellite Reign and The Red Solstice. Thankfully we're getting something other than shmups and survival games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Two games I would have liked Red solstice and satellite reign not too fussed otherwise I might resub at some stage but my wish list is dwindling at the moment.

So I didn't take a closer look at the early unlock for next month, according to a lot of folks this "Starter pack" is pretty much a glorified demo that locks a whole bunch of content behind a pay wall.

I've just unsubscribed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Canceled it.

This months games does not even make it wiggle down there. Usually title game is best for next week and as we know its just crappy demo. The two first month were really best, after that it just really meh.

• Advertisement

Why not try trade them for cheaper games off your wishlist in the Steam Sale? That's what I've been doing. Often times, people are looking to get those games in the sale anyway, so you can possibly save them some money, and get something you actually want in return. Win win for all. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Hmm, this'll the third month in a row where I haven't been interested in the headline game in the bundle but previously the rest of the games included have either been ones on my wishlist or a pleasant surprise once I've given them a bash. Kind of torn now...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

kevovek wrote: »
    Two games I would have liked Red solstice and satellite reign not too fussed otherwise I might resub at some stage but my wish list is dwindling at the moment.

Sent both keys to you.

I unsubbed too.

Links234 wrote: »
    Why not try trade them for cheaper games off your wishlist in the Steam Sale? That's what I've been doing. Often times, people are looking to get those games in the sale anyway, so you can possibly save them some money, and get something you actually want in return. Win win for all. ;)

Cheers for advice. I know I could trade it even on boards.ie, but kind of could not be arsed with whole steam group setting up and all. :)
    Did you got that rocket league after all? I still have it not used. It can be your if you want.

Gizmo: if there is something on thisknths bundle you want say it. I'll try give it to you when I get a breather from work. I don't really have much interest in any of those games. Well, maybe in that hurt world. I might keep it.

Cheers for advice. I know I could trade it even on boards.ie, but kind of could not be arsed with whole steam group setting up and all. :)
    Ah, you don't need to setup the steam gifts thing, you can go to the Gaming Freebies and Trades thread.
    Did you got that rocket league after all? I still have it not used. It can be your if you want.
    I did, but thanks for the offer anyway! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Gizmo: if there is something on thisknths bundle you want say it. I'll try give it to you when I get a breather from work. I don't really have much interest in any of those games. Well, maybe in that hurt world. I might keep it.

I hate to be the begging type but any chance i could get rocket league. It looks like good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Was thinking about subbing but then seen cod bo3 multiplayer starter was this month thanks but i don't want a cod demo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Sent both keys to you.

I unsubbed too.

Hey thanks a million! I'll take satellite reign but I already traded for red solstice so you can keep that one

I hate to be the begging type but any chance i could get rocket league. It looks like good craic.

Sorry m8, I don't want to sound like asshole, but I only offered that to two particular posters, because I know them on boards.ie for years and I would have no issues giving it to them or someone else, who I know here for years and had good banter, argue or just who was great help over years here.
    As I said, no offence, but your name does not ring bells for me.

Ah, you don't need to setup the steam gifts thing, you can go to the Gaming Freebies and Trades thread.

I did, but thanks for the offer anyway! ;)

Thanks for info m8.

I sow you looking for it earlier, but I always would forget to offer or just to busy to reply as I usually browse boards.ie while on fast smoke break at work etc. I could have offered it to you, but it would be week until I woukd actually get to my pc. I am just too late to offer now hehe, sorry.

If it helps at all, Almighty Cushion is good people ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Cheers for the offer, man, much appreciated but what I meant was, I'm already a subscriber and for the last few months it's been the unannounced games in the bundles that have kept me interested rather than the headline ones. So, despite not having much interest in BLOPS3 for next month, I'm still loath to cancel my sub. :)

I've no interest in Blops, so I cancelled, but I bet the August bundle will have a load of great stuff that I actually want.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sorry m8, I don't want to sound like asshole, but I only offered that to two particular posters, because I know them on boards.ie for years and I would have no issues giving it to them or someone else, who I know here for years and had good banter, argue or just who was great help over years here.
    As I said, no offence, but your name does not ring bells for me.

No offence taken. It's your game, it'd be pretty shítty of me to get pissed off with you or think you're an asshole because of what you do with it. So don't worry about.
    If it helps at all, Almighty Cushion is good people ;)

I'm a cushion actually, you think the username would give it away. :D

Sorry...

If it helps, AlmightyCushion is good cushion.

• Advertisement

Hmm... last chance to cancel - payment will go through later today.

Has anyone else cancelled this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

I bailed as well. I have been in since the start but I have no interest in BLOPS and I have a huge backlog of games anyway. It was fun while it lasted :) .

ElNino wrote: »
    I bailed as well. I have been in since the start but I have no interest in BLOPS and I have a huge backlog of games anyway. It was fun while it lasted :) .

Ifit would have been proper blops and not just payed demo i would have stayed. Usually title screen game is the best and it's completely rubbish this time, I unsuited as soon as I sow it. I bet it will bite me in the arse now and they will put up something really good.

I'm half thinking of keeping up the subscription, and then come next sale, trade stuff.

This months was a bullet dodged:

Call of Duty®: Black Ops III - Multiplayer Starter Pack
    The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
    The Jackbox Party Pack 2
    Poi
    Planet of the Eyes
    Starward Rogue
    Random Access Murder
    Disc Room (Humble Exclusive)

Next month's early unlock, GOD ****ING DAMNIT IT'S SOMA! :mad:

Nothing jumping out at me there (haven't heard of most of them). I want Soma though... Doubt I'll get that for €10 ordinarily...

Feck.

Van Helsing is pretty god damn fantastic, it's a Diablo-esque game, hell of a lot of fun and I was singing the praises of the first game for ages. It's also the only game in the entire bundle I would've been interested in, and I already have it.

Yep, apart from BLOPS and Jackbox, that's the only one I've heard of. Looking forward to trying it.

I'm kinda sore about SOMA being the next early unlock. I've been holding off getting it for months, nearly got it at Christmas, when it had a week special on Steam, and again when it was in the Humble Store sale, I held off on getting it for so long, but then... Caved during the Steam sale last month. :o

• Advertisement

HB-Day is here again. I only stayed subscribed this month for Soma (currently €26-€28 everywhere)

Anything else is a bonus.

Advertisement