Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭networksearch1

How did you find out networksearch1? Do you know if anyone has received a phone call for this yet?
    I rang recruitment at the end of the first week for the June induction/July intake as there seemed to be no calls for anyone on the forum.
    Was told that their would more than likely be no June induction/July start and was told that the next one scheduled would be a July induction with a August start date. They had planned to do the June/July one but then it was stopped,then they were told it would go ahead..then it would...and low and behold it didn't. I was given then dates for the inductions and starts so they are all pre scheduled,they just have to give them the go ahead.
    The time frames follow the same pattern,calls go every 5/6 weeks. Your induction is 2 weeks after that and ur start date a further 4 after that.
    Next set of calls should start going out Monday/Tuesday week providing they do this one,which if u follow the news and statistics ref the current staffing figures I would imagine it would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

As far as I know they're not expecting a July squad, haven't heard anything else

Mop a top wrote: »
    As far as I know they're not expecting a July squad, haven't heard anything else
    They are not doing a July start as above.
    The next actual gv start date is set for start of Aug if they run with it,induction early/mid July

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Not sure if this has been asked before of if in fact anyone will be able to answer with any certainty but here goes;

Has everyone who passed the AC for this campaign at the very least received vetting forms? Basically what I'm saying is, surely there aren't people who haven't received forms while the 1509 ones have.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

Yea I'm pretty sure most of us are at the more final stages of the process in 1405

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 takemeaway

When do we think the next calls are likely to be? In the waiting room!

takemeaway wrote: »
    When do we think the next calls are likely to be? In the waiting room!
    Next Tuesday onward to the following Friday providing this whole cheating debacle isn't going to hold up the next intake.they say they would try and keep disruption to a minimum

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Hopeful20160

Networksearch1, do you really think so?! That would be amazing!!

Networksearch1, do you really think so?! That would be amazing!!
    Yeah, unless there will be a delay due to the investigation around the cheating they will go out in the next two weeks as the induction is due mid/early just and the start date start of August....tho again as i say...it depends if it's on the back burner due to the cheating

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Whataboutye

Anyone have any ideas on how many more intakes there would be from this campaign? Just as the 15090 campaign is running quite fast with all their high scorers, just thinking that when they are all cleared to go with everything passed that they will take from that merit list rather than ours. Maybe just me being pessimistic.

• Advertisement

Anyone have any ideas on how many more intakes there would be from this campaign? Just as the 15090 campaign is running quite fast with all their high scorers, just thinking that when they are all cleared to go with everything passed that they will take from that merit list rather than ours. Maybe just me being pessimistic.
    Currently at least one

I can confirm the August intake will still be happening regardless off the investigation regarding the cheating.
    Stand by your phones this week people!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Padawan88

I can confirm the August intake will still be happening regardless off the investigation regarding the cheating.
    Brilliant news! I was worried that would mess us up. I'm assuming you were chatting to someone from recruitment?

Padawan88 wrote: »
    Brilliant news! I was worried that would mess us up. I'm assuming you were chatting to someone from recruitment?
    Yes I was worried that it would delayed so I rang earlier.was told that this one is going ahead as planned and hasn't been affected.as I have said I'm my previous posts the induction is set for July and start date early August.
    Should technically be the remainder of us lot waiting about from 1405 This could be the week we have been waiting for!!

Fingers crossed, good luck everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭pastiesupper

Good luck to everybody in the waiting room. Hope you get that call!

Yes I was worried that it would delayed so I rang earlier.was told that this one is going ahead as planned and hasn't been affected.as I have said I'm my previous posts the induction is set for July and start date early August.
    Should technically be the remainder of us lot waiting about from 1405 This could be the week we have been waiting for!!
    Thanks for keeping us updated, good luck to everyone else in the waiting room! Hopefully we all get the call this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

I have my medical in the coming days I hope I can squeeze in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Sidelined1234

Hi folks,

I've been a long time lurker on the forum.
    I have my medical tomorrow but reading through the last few weeks comments I'm completely confused by what's happening in this campaign.
    If phone calls are expected this week why are they still continuing with medicals as surely the info and vetting won't be back in time for induction and start date?
    I was asked for more info for my vetting forms in regards to tattoos so I haven't got mine through yet but there's no reason it won't pass.
    So yea, why put more people through the most expensive rounds of the process of there's no way to put them through?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭pastiesupper

If they are looking to exhaust the Campaign 2 list, then the August intake will include the C2 people that have everything completed up to now. The September intake could include the rest of C2 people (ie the ones that are going through medicals at the moment) and possibly some C3 people that have everything cleared.

Just my thoughts - I have no info on this either way.

• Advertisement

August intake will be 1405 not 1509
    1509 will be September/October onward- no medicals have been done for it yet.should include remaining 1405 going through pca and medicals now.
    Plans are to exhaust 1405

I would guess there won't be any calls today, surely they would have started to go out by now.
    P.s. Hope I'm proven wrong!

I would guess there won't be any calls today, surely they would have started to go out by now.
    P.s. Hope I'm proven wrong!
    Yeah from the past threads they seem to start around 12/12:30. You never no tho so fingers crossed.
    With the date the induction is set for they really need to go this week/start of next to give people notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 takemeaway2

Can't post from my old account anymore... aggh I hate waiting! Let the calls begin...please!!!

Guys calls are going out now, just got one

• Registered Users Posts: 21 takemeaway2

Co
    Guys calls are going out now, just got one
    Congrats! My heart is going crazy now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Birchwood11

Congrats! When was your medical?

Congratulations!
    I was right then regarding time scales!!

Congrats! When was your medical?
    Thanks, it was the end of April i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 BigTasty

Think I missed the call? Literally in the stadium about to watch us beat the Germans. Hope they ring again

Advertisement