Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Padawan88

Doesn't look like any calls today people, think all will be quiet for the next few weeks!
    Not looking likely for a July intake, do you think it could be delayed because there is a new Justice Minister?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BILLYSAUCE

No - The college apparently takes a break during July of about 2 wks so there won't be a July in take. August is our best bet (those of us waiting on calls) So probably won't hear nowt til mid to late June :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

Hope fully doesn't affect the timeline for the campaign closing

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭networksearch1

the august intake will have its induction middle of july - calls should be last week of june, possibly 2nd last week

BILLYSAUCE wrote: »
    No - The college apparently takes a break during July of about 2 wks so there won't be a July in take. August is our best bet (those of us waiting on calls) So probably won't hear nowt til mid to late June :-(
    That's good to know, thanks for the info. Yes unfortunately a longer wait but at least anyone waiting on a call and heading to France wont have to cancel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 coolhand50

anyone want to give their tuppence to the idea why they are still phasing online learning and PCA dates in june for 1405 if the next batch of calls (expected june time going by opinion on here) is likely to be the last? any opinions would be greatlyappreciated. its hard to be motivated when theres a chance you could complete everything and still get no spot in GV. anybody in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

coolhand50 wrote: »
    anyone want to give their tuppence to the idea why they are still phasing online learning and PCA dates in june for 1405 if the next batch of calls (expected june time going by opinion on here) is likely to be the last? any opinions would be greatlyappreciated. its hard to be motivated when theres a chance you could complete everything and still get no spot in GV. anybody in the same boat?

People don't take places offered, funding gets increased, people fail some remaining stages. Best for them to have a good merit pool

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

An old friend has informed me that anyone being progressed still is very likely to be offered a place if they complete the final stages here.

coolhand50 wrote: »
    You have to remember that it is only an opinion and i'm pretty sure from reading the boards its been said after every squad has been called lol, all we know for sure is people are still being processed and someone has looked at the budget, numbers and decided it was needed, plus we are apparently still 600 officers off what was recommended by Patten report.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Poid

Can I ask how many people using this forum are waiting for the June phone calls

• Advertisement

Poid wrote: »
    Can I ask how many people using this forum are waiting for the June phone calls
    I'm waiting for a June phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BigTasty

Waiting on a call also

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Whataboutye

Yeah I'm waiting also

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bigfish22

I am also waiting on a call

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lurker101

Me too!

Me also

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BILLYSAUCE

Me too!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Runnerbean1

Hi, first time poster here! Are those of you who are waiting phone calls at present from the 1405 campaign? Can i ask approx when you did your medical? Also how long approx did it take for you to receive an outcome to your vetting?

Sorry for all the questions...thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

I will be completing my medical in the next 2-3 weeks if my vetting has cleared at this point could I potentially be in line for the next calls? Does anyone have an idea when they are to start again? Thanks

Hi, first time poster here! Are those of you who are waiting phone calls at present from the 1405 campaign? Can i ask approx when you did your medical? Also how long approx did it take for you to receive an outcome to your vetting?

Hi Runningbean welcome,i did my medical at the end of April and yes i am from the 1405 campaign, as regards to vetting you only really hear if there is a problem but you can email them and they will let you know what is going on,i would email the address on the page you received with your vetting booklet.

• Advertisement

Hi Runningbean welcome,i did my medical at the end of April and yes i am from the 1405 campaign, as regards to vetting you only really hear if there is a problem but you can email them and they will let you know what is going on,i would email the address on the page you received with your vetting booklet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Hopeful20160

Anyone who is waiting for the next set of phone calls do you mind me asking what your assessment centre score was (approx)? Thanks

Mine was low 60"s

Same! Are you guys still thinking there will be a July intake then or is it more likely to be August? I have my next stage soon and if everything else comes back ok I was just wondering if we may be grouped in the same intake all being well!

No doubt there will be an intake in July, the calls probably would have been out already so my guess is that August is more realistic

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Tinfoilcap

I think it's very unlikely there will be any July intake. I would say it would be August or September at the earliest, they might even leave this pool and move to the next campaign, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Nerves2016

Keep positive folks!!!

With the fast pace they are pushing 1409 recruits, I think they'll at least take one or two more squads. I'm thinking September intake...all the work, effort and stress, I would be fuming if I didn't get in after it all!!!

Pushing the age now, where I cant see myself going forward for another campaign, so last chance saloon to get the call I've always wanted!...pending Medical

I agree Nerves2016!! Everything has moved very fast and I'm hoping there is a reason behind that.... staying hopeful!

Has anyone who sent their vetting off recently heard anything back?

Same! Are you guys still thinking there will be a July intake then or is it more likely to be August? I have my next stage soon and if everything else comes back ok I was just wondering if we may be grouped in the same intake all being well!
    There is a July induction with start date start of august

• Advertisement

How did you find out networksearch1? Do you know if anyone has received a phone call for this yet?

Advertisement