Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread too point uh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

You'd be surprised how many people can't find this whole island on a map of the world, the name of a football team has nothing to do with that reality

I don't even mind if they can't find us on a map. I'd just prefer that when they are made aware of us, they're made aware of the correct name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

I don't even mind if they can't find us on a map. I'd just prefer that when they are made aware of us, they're made aware of the correct name.

Nothing to do with the name of a football team is it though
    And when people ask about Ireland I'm pretty sure there are many people who will bore the arse off them so much they begin to wish they'd never found it on the map in the first place

Nothing to do with the name of a football team is it though
    And when people ask about Ireland I'm pretty sure there are many people who will bore the arse off them so much they begin to wish they'd never found it on the map in the first place

It is relevant when most people think that is the name of our country because of the team!

It is relevant when most people think that is the name of our country because of the team!

Most people ? I call shenanigans
    I have never heard anybody call Ireland anything but, except some orange types and a few English, anybody else... nope

Most people ? I call shenanigans
    I have never heard anybody call Ireland anything but, except some orange types and a few English, anybody else... nope

I have heard it elsewhere, but mostly in England where I have to live and put up with the socceducation.

• Advertisement

Where's Emmet...isn't it him that normally likes arguments with IBF?
    I havent the energy...I'm off out to watch the Republic of Ireland play!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I have heard it elsewhere, but mostly in England where I have to live and put up with the socceducation.

I have heard it elsewhere too but yeah it's absolutely rampant in England and it drove me mad when I lived there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

What else can you call the team though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭b.gud

Was planning on selling my car send buying a newer one. On the way to test drive so car today a little old lady ran into me on the round about.
    She is adamant that she wasn't at fault, I know for sure fact she is so now I'll probably have to deal with the hassle of insurance companies for a couple of weeks :angry:

What else can you call the team though?

The Republic of Sound Craic

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,279 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

b.gud wrote: »
    Was planning on selling my car send buying a newer one. On the way to test drive so car today a little old lady ran into me on the round about.
    She is adamant that she wasn't at fault, I know for sure fact she is so now I'll probably have to deal with the hassle of insurance companies for a couple of weeks :angry:

Hate that! Photograph everything.

I assume she hit you on your left or rear?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Delaney looked half cut during the anthems

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

These Belgians look good. Think we'll be hammered. :(

Hope I'm wrong.

What a first save from Randolph

You know you're getting old when you realise you played basketball against Darren Randolph's old man :(

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Hate that! Photograph everything.

I assume she hit you on your left or rear?

Yeah took loads of photos of my car and hers.

No she hit me on the drivers door, she was in the lane for the next exit but turned in to my exit. It's a bit of a dodgy round about so I was actually keeping an eye out for someone in the wrong lane and beeped at her before she hit me hoping she'd stop, but no such luck

Oooohhh dodgy to say the least.

If she claims you pulled out when she was taking the exit..... Always give way to traffic an the right and all that....

Oooohhh dodgy to say the least.

If she claims you pulled out when she was taking the exit..... Always give way to traffic an the right and all that....

She was in the wrong lane and drove into me when I had already begun to exit the roundabout.
    It was a single lane exit at 12 o'clock we both pulled off the roundabout at the same time, me in the left, correct, lane and her in the right, incorrect, lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

The understanding of how to use a roundabout in this country is appalling. Almost every day I see someone completely misuse their indicators on a roundabout. About once a week I see someone indicate left to turn onto a roundabout, the indicate when on the roundabout and then indicate left when they're exiting. It's not unusual to see someone do that when going straight on from the right hand lane either.

It should be a compulsory element of a driving test if a roundabout is available.

She was in the wrong lane and drove into me when I had already begun to exit the roundabout.
    It was a single lane exit at 12 o'clock we both pulled off the roundabout at the same time, me in the left, correct, lane and her in the right, incorrect, lane.

Not if she came from an exit over 180 degrees to the one taken, and especially if she indicated to take the exit after the previous one.

Make sure you have the gardai on your side on this one ! No loose ends as to how she traveled and indicated....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Was this in Galway, and if so, which roundabout?
    Buer wrote: »
    The understanding of how to use a roundabout in this country is appalling. Almost every day I see someone completely misuse their indicators on a roundabout. About once a week I see someone indicate left to turn onto a roundabout, the indicate when on the roundabout and then indicate left when they're exiting. It's not unusual to see someone do that when going straight on from the right hand lane either.

It should be a compulsory element of a driving test if a roundabout is available.

That's about once every 5 minutes in Galway!

Not if she came from an exit over 180 degrees to the one taken, and especially if she indicated to take the exit after the previous one.

Make sure you have the gardai on your side on this one ! No loose ends as to how she traveled and indicated....

We both came from the same exit, at the same time(different lanes), which was exactly 180 degrees from the exit we both took

Zzippy wrote: »
    Was this in Galway, and if so, which roundabout?

Yeah Joyce roundabout at the end of Bohermore

We never called the guards to the scene, can I go down to them and tell them what happened and find out who was in the right/wrong?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

We never called the guards to the scene, can I go down to them and tell them what happened and find out who was in the right/wrong?

If you were going from bohermore to the tuam Rd and she hit you. You were in the right

I'm assuming that you were in the inside lane the whole time

Definitely go and report it anyway !

Her insurers could challenge it and if there's a garde report, it's better to be in your words first.

If you were going from bohermore to the tuam Rd and she hit you. You were in the right

I'm assuming that you were in the inside lane the whole time

Yeah I was on the inside lane the whole time

Definitely go and report it anyway !

Her insurers could challenge it and if there's a garde report, it's better to be in your words first.

I went to them earlier and they told me I don't need to file a report unless the insurance companies ask for one

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Yeah I was on the inside lane the whole time

You are in the right she's crossing into you. She should be going to the eye in that lane

• Advertisement

HON LOWRY!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement