Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most under-rated Band?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Rush underrated band?
    ,,,,is a goood question..i wouldnt say their underated by anyone, the 3 best mastercraftsmen on the planet in one band?...id say most unknown in Ireland for sure,,,but hey who cares?!..They still selll out all their dates of 15,000 - 20,000 seater venues across the globe and are a massive draw live....so underarrrated?..no dont think so....any musician worth his salt..*metallica, Primus, and many others* alll give the nod to RUSH as massive influences so there ya go. Ireland is just caught in a "like what everyone else likes" type thing and sooo many miss out on amazing bands like this.
    Their RUSH in RIO was the second biggest sellling DVD of 2002 in the USA ,,,their tour that year again was second biggest grossing tour of the USA after the stones and yet their not a household name?.
    they aint worried heehhe

different class.

ciao' amigos...Baggio....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 kipps2112

well put Baggio,
    I saw them at the MEN (full house) and was next to some lads from Leixlip (where I live), what a shock, so there is a rock god and musical taste in Ireland (the land of the wonderful Thin Lizzy),
    good lad

Kipps,,,
    ...goood man ,,yeah when i went over last time and seen em at wembley arena , spotted a few "heads" from here on the plane which was great to see,,,,,so Im not the ONLY nut to travel to UK to see these guys....If i win the EURO lotto ill bring all our rocking kings/queens from boards to see em next time in UK heheh :)... may not be many Rush fans going,,,but guarentee there will be plenty coming back from that gig!
    Yer in Leixlip kipps?....Naas here...guitarist too eh?...drummer here...me and my compadres are trying to get a veryyy sharp classic rock/hard rock covers band off the ground...yu wouldnt believe the hassle weve had trying to get singers,,jeeepers,,is near impossible..they just seem to freez and run away when they see were the real thing and can play damm well...I dunno...Ireland seems full of these folks....dead keen and yet terrified of genuine talent being around them...makes yu wonder eh.
    You trying to set something up eh?..best of luck with it....some sounds folks on here for sure...but watch out for the bluffers!..countrys full of em!

ciao' amigo...Baggio....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 kipps2112

good man,
    my job has suppressed me a wee bit over the years and 'stunted my musical growth' (thought of a sond already with that line). that will cahange this year.
    My nephew is a serious, signed and sponsored drummer, he plays stuff with rancid's tim armstrong and plays with a band called 'freaks union'. he regularly kicks my but to play more, we jam some rush when Im home sometimes which is great, I got him into dream theatre and he can play it too, I put in for a hand transpant to play John Petrucci stuff but thats a bridge too far.
    Anyway good to collaborate or even team up!
    kipps2112@yahoo.co.uk (love that address no?)
    Ian

Kipps,,,
    ...goood stuff...I suppose we HAVE drifted off subject here..*apologies to all the other folks posting on this thread*.....Yeah know the feeling about job etc..damm shift work,,curtails me too...but just luuuv pounding the skins. Collaborate/team up?..hmmm sounds like a goood idea to jamm sometime sooon,....2 of my bandmates are off to the US in early march for 2 weeks so perhaps we could jamm then?..would be fun...maybe drag my pal DocJ from here along , he's a top notch bassist etc.
    I did have 2 bands on the go..but had to stop with the second one was a pity coz their good lads,,,but between first band and trying to push that one on and home life etc...well couldnt give second band the time they deserved....maybe that will change...we'll see.

keep in touch....ciao' amigo...Baggio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

Gomez. Great band, so talented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 silverbug

if your interested in a bit of electronica check out Orbital, incredible live and they have written some amazing songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 pshar84

a band that i think get or indeed got little attention in ireland are the stray cats and any band that brian setzer was in.

Advertisement