Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A dilema

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

no, i dont think its a good thing, typedef, but i do think it is a problem that can either be overcome (by ignorance, in that the cheat's partner never finds out) or dealt with and over come, , and i think it's strictly their business, and i wouldnt like like to get in the way of that, if i thought the couple could overcome it. if i suspected the cheater was doing this more than once, or having an affair then i'd probably take a more active appraoch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Originally posted by Kell
    Ye see, at the end of the day it's none of your business and you must remember this. Your mates ignorance to what his GF gets up to is bliss. He may find out, he may not but it is definitely NOT UP TO YOU to stick your oar in and get invloved.

Yea, becuase if his GF ends up giving him and STD he'll still be blissfull?

People say it's not their business. Well i'd agree with that if you didn't know thw person, but if you're supposed to be a good friend then they need to know. Relationships are based on trust and if one person is sleeping around then that trust is gone.

At the end of the day i'd rather give my friend the decision than making it for him.

- Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by p
    Originally posted by Kell

At the end of the day i'd rather give my friend the decision than making it for him.

either way youre making the decision for your friend.

you just have to work out whether he wants to hear it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Originally posted by p
    [BPeople say it's not their business. Well i'd agree with that if you didn't know thw person, but if you're supposed to be a good friend then they need to know.

- Kevin [/B]

Right. Let me restate. There are things which are a persons business and examples of which are:

1) How they treat their fellow man
    2) How many times they wipe at a sitting
    3) How they get from one end of the month to the other without going broke etc

Things that do not fall into the "personal business" include:

1) How the girl in Spar works the till
    2) How many times Bertie got laid last year
    3) How your mates love life fares out

It would be a different story altogether if friend said to you "I think that x may have had it off with y. What do you think". Here your friend is electing to make you part of their business by asking for an opinion.

I too do not possess the "Dont give a flying fúck chip" but I really cant see exactly what you would achieve by telling a friend something that they clearly would not want to know. Not only would they not want to know it but you have no idea how they are going to react to it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I like the way you avoided the STD point Kell.

Is that not an issue either?

• Advertisement
Advertisement