Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future of Compsoc

Options
  • 04-04-2003 8:50pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Its coming to the end of the year again so its time to start suggesting people for the positions in compsoc next year. I believe Ivor wont be around so we're down a president. Is keith coming back next year maybe he'd be up for the job.

I'm not running for any positions for compsoc as it appears as though I'm giving compsoc a bad image (we like games only!).

I believe Francis was interested in going for President and I'd imagine dara is pretty interested in some position, although I dont mean to speak for him.

Anyway, feel free to put your suggestions here - any ACTUAL members of compsoc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭ratman

Me thinks Francis would fill the position well. How does the voting work

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Well people can just suggest names here, or suggest themselves, name their position they wish to go for. And once everyone who's interested has put their name forward we'll do some kind of vote - I guess on boards or whatever is easiest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

can I be the official absentee member?
    I'll turn up at compsoc events haflway through the night, stay for about 5 minutes and then leave again...

will there be a salary>?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'll vote Francis as the president. He's a good laugh.
    Anyhowz, me is coming back in June, and will be around till December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

i think it should be one of those guys whos names i dont know, you know the lads who play wolfenstein and UT all the time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

President: Ciaran (he has earned it). No ciaran, ur not giving CompSoc a bad name. We all like to play games and I have hear no sugestions on what ppl want to do in CompSoc that does not involve games. (eg: The PS2 rocks and so does Ivor and Ciaran for getting it and since Ivor is not around the Ciaran should get the position, anyways he has been around longer than anyone. Also CompSoc now had 8gig of space, sh!t load of games, a PS2, its open untill 10 and not 9, something we nearly did not get and more stuff).
    If anyone has any sugestions of things we can do in CompSoc that does not involve games speak up! but no one has ever sugested anything to me....
    Vice-President: Francis. (He has been around since the start, this year, and while none of the "blowin's were here ;)" and he willing sell he body for the good of CompSoc).
    Treasurer: Steven. (Has also been here since the start and is a good all round ............. stoner, we need one of them ;))
    Secretary: ME!! :D . (Well I did not do much this year but I belive that in my own defence I did not have a list of email addesses of members so I could not. but I did get some games for CompSoc, kinda lame but VOTE FOR MEEEEE!!!!! :D)

Other potencial candidates:

(If they want any positions) would be:

Bicky
    I_am_Dogboy
    Havoc (but not sure if he is in carlow next year)

the above are people who have been around since the start and been in CompSoc more than the rest

Originally posted by Snowball
    Treasurer: Steven. (Has also been here since the start and is a good all round ............. stoner, we need one of them ;))

I object we should definily have more than one stoner

look everyone, rat got a second star!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

hahah! nice one dogboy!!
    yeah i dont care what way the positions go next year...

im with dogboy though i think that maybe morpheos would make a good something, not sure what but something..

President, i dont know what the president is supposed to do. as far as i can make out he is the guy that just gets a game going and gets people to shut up when they're too loud and simple stuff like that..

Vice-president, dont know about this position either?? But, to be a society ( dunno if i spelt that right ) we need positions to be filled.. anyone can do this..

Treasurer ( joke ) i think that position is only needed for one day which is the clubs and socs day at the start of the year. someone is needed to collect money and count it and hand into the SU or where ever it goes.. ill do it again next year though just so i can say "yup, im the treasurer"...

And secretary... i think this be the most important position of them all. Someone to talk to computer services and stuff like that...

Anyways, whens the voting start?
    you want me to start a poll???? ;)

only if it involves another bottle of whiskey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

yeah ciaran you should be up for the job - you've helped the previous two presidents - me and ivor!! so you should go for it!! your the only person ive seen who really confuses the techies!! its quite funny really!!

So i'l be back in carlow and compsoc in sept!!! Excellent!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I would vote ciaran for president, he's the most persistant person I know so if he wants something done for compsoc he'll more than likley will get it done.

I'm up for the job of secritary if u lot think I am worthy. I will earn my keep this time round though (well, I would need a email list but I will do stuff, promise... I AM NOT A CROOK!! :D)

Ciaran for President and Fransis for VP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

looks like there forcing you into it . rember u must have one first year in charge also . i think u should have him doing all the talking to the teck guys . get one that can lie swindel like i did every night we wanted the room open ... twas nice back then having a room open whenever we wanted

Every organisation needs a gopher.
    e.g. the guy who goes for everything

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

go pherk yourself

i think we should get someone who didn't work for compsoc this year, i'm not saying i should have the job because i'd actually like to work for 3rd year

i think we should get someone who would be willing to work to get leagues going, and possibly matches of quake or UT against other colleges, just to make the whole compsoc thing a little bit more interesting

anyone agree?

I do but I won't be here. New blood could be a good thing but you cant get rid of the people that are already there already.

If anyone who wanted the jobs put up there hands and then the members could vote.

I think we should get some pussy little first year as the one who goes to the shop every night and he could get some air fresheners ****in smell of that room we have to do something about that it's ****ing sick...................

...........and i an't be the little runner boy i'll be a second year next year. HEY EVERYBODY LOOK DOGBOYS ONLY GOT ONE STAR

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Ok, I've changed my mind I will run for a compsoc position.

I'm going to run for Vice-President. NOT President.

Everyone knows VP does all the work anyway but President gets all the blame when nothing goes right.

So my vote :

Francis (Sicnarf) for President
    Ciaran (Ivan) for Vice-President
    Steven (Stoner) & Willie (I_am_Dogboy) for Treasurer
    Dara (Snowball) & Aidan (Ratman) want to run for Secretary

If anyone has any other suggestions (as we'd like more than one person running for each position to make it democratic and all) then go ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

just to point out, that we've never had a VPres before.
    and i will always be around, meaning i will be back in sept, repeating or fourth year, repeating me thinks.
    and i'll be down thurs again for SU elections.

Vote Anto for Pres, Chris Mahon for VP, Tom Doyle for Deputy

does that mean u want to be Pres???

SINCE WHEN WAS I RUNNING FOR SECRETARY I CAN'T WEAR THEM SKIRTS ANYMORE THE JUDGE TOLD ME I'D GET IN TROUBLE AGAIN

I just got a flash in my head of RAT in a skirt.

CLEAN UP ON THIRD FLOOR

Premature ejaculation

Originally posted by ratman
    Premature ejaculation
    of projectile vomit.

don't say you didn't enjoy it

What does secretary do????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

do you want to be secretary rat? (why aren't you in class) - i wrote that in brackets so it's not spamming

• Advertisement

a Secretary has the job of keeping all the members informed of what happends at the Compsoc board meetings (if there is any) and or any other relevant information that, the president and Vice President feel is important, the members of CompSoc should have. Basicly means that u have to spend your time keeping track of what is going on in the society and keep the members informed. I also asume that it goes for the reverse that u will be incharge of keeping the Pres and the VP abreast of any info that they need to know. I also asume that (depending on what the pres wants) you will need to be the go-between for the soc and the college.

Advertisement