Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom iStream Starter Launched

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by Terminator
    D15 has no other viable hi speed options

IBB are suposedly in the process of getting a high site in Ballycoolin.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

"What are you on about man? Are you saying you have 1 phone line but 4 different phone jacks? Nothing wrong or illegal about using 4 different phones on the same line."

ye thats what i am saying, when we moved into this house about 8 years ago Eircom said that we have to pay if we wanted to have 4 phones on the one line, thats why i asked if it was still illega to have it my wayl, obiously not, thx 4 the answer mang :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Regnak

Hi All,

I signed up for the new €54.55 ADSL service this morning from Eircon and talked to Shane there. To my complete and utter suprise I DIDN'T have to buy any modem with the starter pack, I was gobsmacked especially as earlier this week Margaret said I would have to - I sent off my letter to Comreg that very day !!! I was all ready for a good argument and to call in the Supervisor, damn !
    Anyhow - I've to wait 24 hours to get my password and up to 10 days to have our phone number in the Exchange enabled.
    I'm buying a Dreytek Vigor 2600We Wireless ADSL modem and a wireless card for my Desktop and a pcmcia card for a Laptop I borrow from work. Should mean I can electrocute myself in the bath but I can have fast Inet while I Sizzle !!!

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

idontbelieveit.jpg

OK, I cant actually bring myself to ring them and deal with biddys, but does this mean that my local exchange is enabled?

i think it's a trick, and I'm off to get my axe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Good to see that you weren't obliged to buy the modem.

Hopefully, they've had a similar change of heart regarding those of us who were triallists, and who still have everything (modem and installation) being asked to fork out €199.

I will happily pay €99 to be switched on at the exchange and have a copy of the CD sent to me. But, no way am I paying €199.

As always with technology, first user gets whacked. Those who wait invariably do better, though I understand that some need it as soon as they can get it.

D.

• Advertisement
Advertisement