Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DARTH MAUL v DARTH VADER

• 17-02-2003 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

WHO WUD WIN A FIGHT BETWEEN THESE 2!
    id say Darth vader, even though darth maul is fast Darth vader has a stronger force!

DARTH VADER OR DARTH MAUL?? 295 votes

DARTH VADER
    0% 0 votes
    DARTH MAUL
    100% 295 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Vader could choke him from across the room!!! However, Maul is not without his "charm", i mean he has a double sided light sabre!!
    Close, but vader to edge it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Zaphod B

WAHT

No contest. Maul wouldn't have a chance. Vader is just cool, he's just... Vader! Vader tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

darth maul has got a class look maybe his beauty over darth vader could win it!!!:D :D:D lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

id go for Maul -hes young fast strong etc ... and looks cool :D i mean Luke who was pretty much a newbie with the light sabre beat him :) (not a newbie but hadnt been in the buisness that long ) !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 King of Arrakis

Vader would easily win! the man is THE MOST FEARED JEDI KILLER OF ALL TIME!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Maul wouldnt win, we are forgettin, he was only an apprentice! Still a little boy really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

aw cmon!!! vader would whoop mauls ass from here to kashyyk. he's the original and best bad-ass umm bad jedi.

-No contest vader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 RexLupus

Vader was an apprentice aswell, he was apprenticed to the emperor.

But still, you dont see maul being able to use choking and stuff like vader. Vader would woop him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

But then you also didn't see Vader using lightning like Dooku.

To be honest do you really think in the middle of a saber battle, stopping and holding your hand up to choke 1 person is a good idea when there is another one attacking you as well?

Think about it as well. For the age and the training he had, Anakin faught Dooku and lost. Got his ass kicked. So did Obi wan.

Obi wan killed Maul even though it was still 2 on 1 for most of that battle.

Vader only killed Obi cause he let him.

So add Dooku up there as a third option.....see how many votes he'd get!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

Originally posted by ][cEMAN**

Vader only killed Obi cause he let him.

that doesnt mean that obi would of won!
    infact im sure Vader would of won!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Vadar - hands down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

If Obi had killed Vader then the emperor would have been forced to look for another sith to train.

As it was Obi let himself get killed so that Luke could continue his training with Yoda but find out through time that Vader was his father and mainly use Vader as an example of what not to become. If he had beaten Vader then i'd say Luke wouldn't have had any kind of example of what not to become and would then have turned to the dark side.

Think about it - it was only after he had his hand chopped off that luke remembered this in the final scenes of return of the jedi. When he thought of Vader he looked at his own hand and realised - I am becoming this man and that's bad. He resisted his hatred and in the end forgave and tried to save Vader.

It also gave Vader the opertunity to repent and come back to the good side of the force. If he had been struck down he would never have had that chance and he would have been lost forever.

Vader was powerful - but it takes more than power to be a jedi. Look at the size of yoda.....looks can be deceiving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Maul and Vader were both trained by the same man. Vader was also trained in the normal jedi school. More experience, see.

Maul screwed up his first mission and died.

Vader went on to hunt down and kill most of the Jedi (it never mentioned it, but at least some of them had to be in personal combat). Even Yoda hid from him.

Vader also ended up taking out the Emperor, the guy who showed him how to use his powers.

Vader would win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Vader no contest.

Maul just looked angry and you don't need force powers to look angry. Oh ya and he could dance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 stira64

yes, yes , all valid points.......
    BUT YOU PEOPLE SERIOUSLY HAVE TO GET OUT MORE!
    WHATS NEXT, CAPT PICARD VS CAPT KIRK???!!!
    THERES A WHOLE WORLD OUT THERE, SO GO OUT INTO IT, YOU PIMPLY MISFITS!!!

NA-HOIN
    KER-GLAIVIN!
    GLAIVIN HAIVIN!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

bets on how long stira'll be here before he's kicked/banned/banished to the nether realms?

ahh now, calm down gandalf. i was only jokin. im quite fond of lord of the rings and the whole dice rolling scene. im actually a wizard level 12. in fact im playing dungeons and dragons right now, so if youll excuse theres a dwarf with the golden condom of antioch who is threatening to steal my elf princess away from me.

ettak that attick leis an stira!:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Aragorn
    bets on how long stira'll be here before he's kicked/banned/banished to the nether realms?
    By the time you read this he will probably be banned.

still here. ill be nice from now on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

That fight took place in the latest Star Wars Tales comic. Vader won. Was very cool. Dark Side worshippers brought Maul back from the dead somehow before you all ask

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭[Iramus]

pffft, vader definately, Maul was a wimp

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Even if you think of them solely in the way they were portrayed in the movies, Vader had far more presence. Darth Maul may have had a cool lightsaber and been quite fast, but Darth Vader always appeared to be more powerful, more intelligent, more threatening. It is no contest at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Vader's the man, no contest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I'd have to say Vader, he's the ultimate evil!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Please,

This is not even close

Anakin/Vader is the chosen one who will bring the balance of life and death to the force, he is surrounded by a vergence in the force and to quote from AOTC will in time "stop people dying", remember OB1 in ANH "If YOU strike me down....."

he who cannot be sruck down will victor

all will be revealed in Ep 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭avatar

Yeah, while the loyalty to the helmeted one is very touching, it must be said that Maul is FAR faster.... I'm going with Maul on this one, if Obi-wan hadn't used that sucker-punch tactic....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

MAUL!!! No way, Vader would beat him hands down, I doubt he'd even need a lightsaber. I wouldn't call Vader an apprentice, he was apprenticed to the Emporer, but he was also apprenticed to Obi Wan. They were all apprentices at some stage. Maul on the other hand was a definite apprentice, a newbie. He was a newbie beaten by a newbie.

Now before you go shouting about Darth Vader being killed by a newbie answer this, was Vader killed by Luke or by the Emporer in the end?

IMO the Emporer. So Maul taken out by a newbie, Vader killed by the Emporer. VADER would kick Maul's butt any day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Erm, Anakin was compared to Master Yoda at swordplay. Yoda is LEET, Yoda wupped Dooku. Anakan also has more mididchloriants than Yoda. Lets face it, when it comes to the force, aint noone stronger than Vader.

Maul is a strong Sith but nowhere near the capabilities of Vader.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Mick L

"was Vader killed by Luke or by the Emporer in the end?"

You're off the mark here, Vader was killed by Anakin, Anakin was then fatally wounded by the Emperor's fully charged force lightning.

Luke didn't kill anyone of importance, wuss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

Vader was killed by Anakin, Anakin was then fatally wounded by the Emperor's fully charged force lightning
    Well if you take it that Anakin and Vader were two different people then you may have a point butI'd argue that they were the same person, just at different times of their/his life.

Anyway my point was that yes it took the Emporer to kill Vader/Anakin and not Luke.

btw if you read the novels there are plenty of instances of Luke killing a lot of mean folk, he's well able look after himself in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Oh vader would so kick his @ss the only reason why Vader wasnt really scary in the 3 star wars films is there werent very good speical effects im dying to see how they do vader in the suit in epp 3

anyway back on topic vader is stronger in the force and has move experience than maul my vote goes to Vader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

to be honest i thought vader was scary as hell. granted i was 6 when i first saw the films, but even aftér that i thought vader was scary. especially when he chokes his own subbordinates!!
    that always freaked me out. haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

true spooiirt very true and there's always the heavy breathing too if some bloke walked up to me in a big black suit breathing heavily id be scared too :D

i suppose when i was a kid i found vader scary alright but now that im all grown up its more amusing than funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Vader would whoop his ass, he s he s vader for gods sake the most evil jedi killing thing the universe has ever seen!

episode 3 should fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the 9 people who voted for maul should be turned into soup by being chopped up by a light sabre

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

Mick L your way wrong. Luke bested Vader, had him defeated and choose not to kill him.

Vader would have killed obiwan wether he let him or not.

As for Dooku that lightning shít wasnt worth a piddle'n'crap against yoda. Its just like mindtricks or choaking ppl.

Vader was more in touch with the force with yoda but an inferior swordsman (according to obi wan). Lighsaber duelling isnt just about the force.

Not everyone is an apprentice, the council trains ppl collectivly as well. Ye all seem to be confused between apprentice and padwan. Vader was the emperors apprentice but maul was still a padwan. The comparison can only really be made between the two while both are still padwans. While a padwan anikan does better against Dooku than obiwan(despit an initial setback), obiwan killed maul while he was technically still a padwan. Maul was useless.

Vader would win, he whipped out nearly all the Jedi order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 bluedaemon

Maul got beaten by a padawan - he is nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Originally posted by slave1
    Mick L

"was Vader killed by Luke or by the Emporer in the end?"

You're off the mark here, Vader was killed by Anakin, Anakin was then fatally wounded by the Emperor's fully charged force lightning.

Actually your both off the mark here. Vader was killed by the injuries sustained in his fight against Obi-Wan years ago(back in episode 3, whenever it's gonna be released). He was using the Dark Side to keep himself alive for those years, thus when he turned to the Light Side again, he died. The suit wasn't keeping him alive, it was just a crutch, by wearing the suit, he was able to concentrate his Dark Force powers on keeping the more serious injuries from killing him. IIf you watch the Episode 6, you'll notice Vaders never actually hurt by the emporer, or by Luke in any life threatening way. This confused me for years, until I learned the above.

As for who would have won, Vader, seen my 3 page explanation in the "Best Swordsman" thread to find out why. I can't be arsed explaining it again.
    Originally posted by Slave1
    Luke didn't kill anyone of importance, wuss

God you couldn't be more wrong. Mick L was right, Luke kills loads of important people in the Expanded Universe books and comics. Hell he even turns to the Dark Side in them. Better explanation in the "Best Swordsman" thread again tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Vader, it has to be

Yoda or emperor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

Good Q. Id say yoda cause in episode 2 the lightening sht had no effect on him. Its hard though cause we never really see the emperor fight, Dooku seemed very surprised that the lightening thing had no effect on yoda

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭purplemonkey

Oh c'mon, there can't be any competition. Vader wins it by miles. Vader only died because of the Emporer's power, while Maul died at the hands of Obi-Wan. If a good jedi can beat a bad one, then how can the bad one really beat the best baddie of all Star Wars time? It's not possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Metaloverlord

VADER ALL THE WAY BEY-BA!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Creon

There's not much of a contest, it's got to be Vader.

More interestingly is the question that User45701 posed and for me Yoda's Gotta win, come on it's Yoda!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭McClane

Theres absolutely no contest. Darth Vader would wipe the floor with him.

And Luke DIDN'T beat Vader. IMO Vader beat himself because he couldn't kill his own son. Vaders conscience beat him, not Luke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

Anyway back on topic before a moderator gets here i'd say maul would win as vader did go round killing a load of jedi but he probly had a shot of stormtroopers lending a hand. Aswell he's gotten old and even with the force tricks maul would just be too fast and agile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

Maul would get his ass kicked by vadar ay day, he wasnt nearly as powerful as vadar was, and he was far lamer, as was every aspect of the pantom menace to the other movies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 izzy

D'uh its Vader. Nuff said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

How can ye pick Vader over Maul?? Maul is clearly sexier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Originally posted by UnrealQueen
    How can ye pick Vader over Maul?? Maul is clearly sexier.
    Cos we're not stupid girls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Originally posted by Kold
    Cos we're not stupid girls

Go buy yourself a sense of humour Kold.

• Advertisement
Advertisement