Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom launch residential offering €60

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Spot on Dusty

Won't it be weird if we get a decent wholesale price for broadband before we get one for FRIACO?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

I think it's more or less good news all the way form here - I would think it will be a different world from April onwards :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Andor

yay for optimism! Every little helps.

One day the IrelandOFFLine community will be known as IrelandTEMPORARILYBACKInService :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Ardmore

Originally posted by De Rebel
    Or why not get her one of these . Eircom are flogging them for a very reasonable €471 "(Configured and Posted)".

Seriously, when you can get a Firewall router for GBP 49.99 you'd be mad not to have one. That's about €85, including delivery. (And I'm pleased to note that Amazon.co.uk will deliver to RoI).

The full specs of the Linksys are

The only gotcha is that your ADSL Modem must provide an Ethernet port, which is why I don't want any of that USB muck!here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

Fantastic.

Too bad there's no new exchanges coming on stream.

50% off DSL we can't have is of absolutely no use to me and the rest of the bogmen out in the wilds of Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by pete

From the RTE article
    Eircom also announced that broadband will be available to any town with over 2,000 telephone lines by September of next year. Ireland currently has one of the lowest rates of broadband usage in the OECD.

One would assume they would keep upgrading exchanges to sell this new product.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Originally posted by pete
    Fantastic.

50% off DSL we can't have is of absolutely no use to me and the rest of the bogmen out in the wilds of Dublin 15.

The Blanchardstown exchange is enabled, I was on the trial there up until the summer! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

Doesn't that contradict the recent post here that said that there were no plans to enable any more exhchanges this year?

In any event, DSL is already available in my exchange (Blanchardstown). Unfortunately my house is too far away from it and I've failed the line test. An eircom engineer told me that there's another DSL-enabled exchange in Damastown industrial estate (sometimes called Clonee exchange), which is actually nearer to me than Blanch, but I think that's just for the industrial estate itself.

What i'm saying is that for me and the thousands upon thousands of people who've bought houses out here, it looks like no amount of cost cutting or waiting for up to 20 months is going to get us DSL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by Ardmore

The only gotcha is that your ADSL Modem must provide an Ethernet port, which is why I don't want any of that USB muck!here.

OK I'm not trying to sell you USB chill chill.

Whats your recommendation for an ADSL PPPoE modem with an ethernet port then ?

Dlink or Linksys or SMC or Asus will do but ONLY if ya got them working here in the E-Tub before. Granny wants the best advice only.

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I've split off all the talk after the details were released into another thread. In other words, the speculation is here (you guys had a lot of fun while I was doing exams)

Locking this one then

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement