Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An update...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭neverhappen

Originally posted by Kennett
    Also complain to the Competition Authority about this abuse of monopoly and demand that they state their position on it as a minimum........

Do you know where i could get a hold of them?

the competition authority

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Hannibal_12

LOL,
    I'm not a gambling man but I would wager that these boards (and IOFFL) are the recipient of some foul language on the part of Eircon execs or Rat Masters as I call them.
    Knowledge is a potent weapon in taking a behemoth like Eircon and its great to see such advice being given out so freely.
    Now we know why Eircon doesn't want anyway to use the net, they might go to IOFFL.

Just say I was to bring Eircom to small claims court (which I'm extremely tempted to do, thanks to my extremely high (which I can't afford :(), non-transferrable (to anyone else) split line and installation...), how would I go about it?

I'm sick and tired of this line splitter crippling my access and options... And Eircom telling me to effectively "F*ck off" helps none, so I feel that bar a letter, this is my only option now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

regulators first
    get it remedied
    then ask for your money back from Eircom once you add up the cost of the hassle etc
    if they wont shell out then go to court....

• Advertisement

regulators first

ComReg and TCA?

get it remedied

How would I go about that? (I think I'll probably need to rewrite my letter - haven't sent it, as it seems that the info needs changing)

then ask for your money back from Eircom once you add up the cost of the hassle etc

I'm a little unsure of how to go about this... Bar calculating the failed dial up attempts and the line installation... Would there be anything else? (I can't really afford to pay this phone bill, so I'm screwed :/)

if they wont shell out then go to court....

Ok, so this is one of those 'Airstrike' options...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

if the regulators will not remedy then the court is a good fallback. it costs €10 to file a claim.

M

That's not too bad, all things considered...

I think I should rewrite my letter, then just send it off to see what they say... I think I may need to print off an Extra copy to the TCA now...

I'm after getting an itemised bill, and to my (non) surprise, i spotted an entire line of calls under 30 seconds (from dial up attempts) at 5 cents a pop. is there any way i could use this in a letter I would be rewriting?

I was going to update the letters again, but my hard drive crashed a while ago, so i lost a lot of data, but thankfully, i printed off the letters before the crash, so i can retype them and transfer them to my pc and reprint them with a few additions (and mentions of proof). I've delayed sending this letter mainly because I never had any solid evidence I could present to anyone (asides from the boards), but with the itemised phone bill, i have some much-needed proof that the spliitter disrupts my calls. ironically though, my laptop had very little trouble dialling up, but then i am using eircoms services (to reduce on the mis-dials) and a shorter lead, but still, once i get my pc back up and running, and i get my accounts back in order, i will have the same problem once again, as the splitter seems to interfere with me dialling into isps such as utv and elive (of which i used a lot, because of it's fast speeds of 52k- 54.6k).

So, basically, I stand to have a repeat of the constant redial attempts, and I will prove it to them if necessary, after writing this letter... However, at the same time, what worries me is the fact that they said that they can't remove the line splitter, and I'm facing a black credit mark for not being able to pay their bill on time... So, I'm practically screwed. I'm also assuming that I should just give them their money, then work on proving that they overcharged me?

Hopefully, my new letter will get all my facts right, and if they try to disprove it, I'll shove the proof in their faces...

Thanks for the help in advance..

Advertisement