Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The West Wing

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

DaveMcG wrote:
    ^
    Maybe a spoiler warning for that post

why? considering thats where the last series finished. the episode has been shown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yeah but I haven't seen it ;) Forget it, it was tongue in cheek...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Is the west wing on any IE/UK channel at the moment?
    I haven't watched TV for ages so I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

No, not atm.

To clear this up:

Aaron Sorkin is the creator, and for 4 seasons the cheif writer, of the West Wing.

He is also the writer of "A Few Good Men" [i.e. 'you can't handle the truth!!'] and 'The American President'.

Sorkin left after Season 4 because:

a) He felt that the show had 'jumped the shark' - a hollywood term for 'gotten old'.
    b) He wanted to do other stuff, and for more money.

He's written a new play, 'The Farnsworth Invention', that will preview right here in Dublin! It's also becoming a film.

Season 5 was just enforgivable, particularly the first few episodes. Season 6 was a definite improvement, especially the last few episodes.

Roll on S7!

Wow, thanks for that, pretty interesting.

I googled a bit about that play... the story doesn't sound too interesting, to be honest, lol. Any details about when it'll preview, or where (in Dublin) or how much it'll cost? Also, why preview it in Dublin? What's here? lol. It just seems like an insignificant city in terms of theatre.

I'm not much into the theatre, but I might give this a look-see, cos I love Sorkin's style in movies -- it'd be interesting to see what he does with a stage, and it'd be cool to be able to say I was at the preview, especially if this somehow manages to get big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

A Few Good Men was originially a play.

Yeah I know, but I've only seen the movie...

Advertisement