Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN - Game server

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Its on the same server, but a different port

games2.iol.ie:5122

but is passworded, cos I'm mean and forcing ppl to go through the portal (naturally everyone that is except me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

thx for the info!

I don't mind going through the portal-server. I just needed the IP to keep an eye on the server and see if ppl join so I'm not always playing alone :)

cya
    - Flash

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

actually I like the whole portal server thingy. It's true, all adventures do start in a tavern!

what's up on the server?

I think I'll be online for a bit tonight. Working tomorrow so no alcohol for me :( ... ah well, I'll vent my sober anger on some evil thingies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Chapter1 is, but I'll change it now to something meatier

• Advertisement

dark rangers treasure.... now that's a monty haul adventure :)

for a ranger, he doesn't really have very many "light" and rangery type items!

anyway, thanks, had great fun last night (even met someone new who might be droppingin on monday).

Just a thought, should we not be levelling new characters to say 5th level, so they can feel useful rather than having to hide behind the rest? Just in PnP games, you tend to up the level a new character joins at so everyone has fun (It can't have been too much fun for Puck and flash on wednesday night).

also, any chance of ch 2 or 3 going up? Or even yellow fang? I never got to play all the way through that one.

well, I'm leveled up quite nicely now. My only concern still is that I tend to injure/kill my own team with my spells :) (especially with ice-rain and fireball)

I have to agree to loth, dark ranger is a nice module to make money with (after carrying home 1307 lbs I have 120.000 GP now...), but it ain't nice for newbies and it's also VERY short. A module where everyone can play on would be cool. I have to admit thou, I don't know many modules anymore.

btw, I'm continuing work on my PW-module. It's a huge island where you can go hunting, join up with some crews, do quests and whatnot. The island's surface consists of 49 areas (7x7). You can go ANYWHERE. There are 3 big cities on the island (one human, one orc, one elf. Elf and human are friendly, orc is hostile). Don't expect it anytime soon thou. It's really a huge project.

cya
    - Flash

well, played with battlecheese and puck for some time now. We saw that someone took the stuff we put on the floor and sold it for money. Nothing wrong with selling duplicates or useless stuff, but... well... someone did a clean-sweep (he only forgot to sell a piece of comfort-armor in the kitchen behind the wall...)

so, after thinking for some time, we came to the conclusion the following would solve the problem:

modify the module and add some kind of house or room or whatever that is only accessable through a single (self-closing) door that can only be opened with a key that cannot be found anywhere in the module. Rev Hellfire will create/clone this key and hand it out to the regulars of the server.

An additional suggestion: create a merchant in this room that will buy and sell for super-low prices. This way, we can easily browse through the catalog of items instead of just putting them on the ground. After an adventure, we just "sell" all the items we want archived to this guy (we'll only get a few GP even for the most valuable item). Then, if someone needs an item, he can buy this most valuable item for only like 200 GP or something (I don't know HOW low you can set a merchant's prices)

cya
    - Flash

edit: and another module would rule, too. Nothing wrong with the dark ranger, but it's very short and it gets old quickly. How about ravenloft or chap1-4 or whatever module. Just something that lasts a bit longer.

edit2: doh! just saw I posted something like that already (like the edit-part, I mean)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Light0r

Hey,
    I think that idea is cool !!
    I took some of the shields ( not all ) but replaced them.
    I think that the server was updated and little things changed (Crypt opened)
    This might be the reason ?
    anyway ... i was trying there today to go into the server but i couldn't - Portal to chapter 2 was broke :x
    Who would be willing to also go on friday nights .. at 10/11 ish ?

aye, fridays would be very good for me too. I can only stay till about 10 pm GMT0 on monday and wednesday, so a friday-game would be nice. With the new ppl that joined, I think it would be wise to expand the programme a bit so we don't have 20 ppl playing every time (not enough ppl is bad, but too many ppl is even worse).

I'm also working on a few addons for rev. They include: some dungeons, a locker-room and a few dealers. Hope they make it into the main module.

cya
    - Flash

edit: server is down, btw

• Advertisement
Advertisement