Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN - Game server

Options
  • 30-12-2002 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

I'll be busy for the next few days so I've left the nwn game server running the hack and slash module, which will reset when empty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Thanks Rev,

Anybody gonna turn up tonight??
    Don't wanna play on me own again:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Seldon

Love to join you cheese but i'm heading off for a few days!!!
    So does this mean i'll be able to lvl up my character now?

Lomir

Yeah that yellow fang mod is great for leveling up. The first map just keeps spawning goblins,orcs etc
    Can get a bit out of hand though as they follow you around and can enter the buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Hi,

I havent played on the iol servers before and havent actually visted these boards in a long time , but droped by to find you lads having a NWN gaming night every couple of days, id be interested in playing sometime soon, but found that the server is password protected.
    So my questions are how do I get in?, and when is the next gaming night?.

Cheers :D

Hi zekiel and welcome. Always good to have another player.
    The server isn't password protected. Your probably refering to the game password.

You have to register your copy of NWN before you can play online.
    You do have a legit copy don't you?? Anyway once you register you create a user and password which is used to play online. Also when you play on a particular server you create a character which you need to save on that server. You set a password to retrieve this character off the server when you play again.

We usually play on Mon & Wed from 8:30 on (usually until 11pm).
    A lot of people are on Xmas holidays so watch this space for the next game.

If you want I'll be around on Fri and can show you how to play.

• Advertisement

Thanks Battlingcheese for the welcome. :D

As regards to the server I found two of them when I was searching for a server on gamespy.
    It is the iol game servers you use isnt it?
    one of them had a password on it and the other didnt, I've since realised that this is a portal server and leads into another server, so I think thats problem solved. :p

If there is a game going to be played on Friday id be well up for it.. anyone else interested?.

Easier way to find it is to go to LAN games on the Multiplayer menu.
    Hit the Direct Connect button and enter games2.iol.ie in the address and there you go. That will let you into the portal server which is basically an inn to meet/buy equip etc.

There is then a portal outside which leads to the main module.

Thats me sorted :D
    Thanks battlingcheese for the help.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Aye tis a very fun mod alright.

Got back yesterday and played it for a bit - then left for a bit and logged back in .. of course it had reset :)

Still very good for getting some nice kit and getting the levels up - and very well written imo - nice fast pace and some nice scripts (like the bombers).

Life probs won't be back to normal for me till next week - tho if I am about I may pop in tonight.

JAK.

so thats who left the goodies outside the inn :)

I'm in now and will stay for about 30mins if nobody shows up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

hello everyone! :D

Monday and Wednesday 8:30 GMT0? sounds good. I'll be there if I may join.

Name: Sarah Tir'end
    Profession: Sorceress
    Race: elf
    Pet: Tom the Panther

my last NWN-group kinda ceased to exist. Even the server is gone (server "!NWN-NL!" if it rings a bell).
    :/

well, I hope I can find some nice ppl to play with in this forum :)

cya
    - Flash

Welcome FlashBang,

Always room for a Sorceress. Our party usually consists of 2 rangers, a fighter and a druid.

we have plenty of equipment stored in our inn so joining at level 1 won't be too hard.

Thanks tonight for a great game Jay. We managed to finish the Chapter of that Yellow fang mod. Some great mass battles and some fancy equipment galore.

Have to check now if the author has finished Chapter 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

No problem joining.

Just create a character on the portal server (games2.iol.ie)
    try the portal outside the inn which takes u to the server we play on (if its up).

If you've any suggestions for a module you'd like to play just stick a note here and we'll see what we can do.

Aye was a really good mod I thought. Cheers BC and rev for the while you were there.

Hack n slash maybe, but some great scripts and even though it was pretty linear, I kinda like being led through the story in that way.

We did manage to grab a massive amount of kit, which we have as long as the gateway isn't reset. So It should be available for newcomers/those who missed it last night.

JAK.

heh, the last game was fun. Joe and I got slaughtered a few times before he managed to kill the enemies (I think I even managed to kill 1 or 2, too). Loot is in front of tavern again.

Short petition: can you (rev hellfire) put on a newbie-module for a bit so I (and other newbies that joined. Dunno if there are any) can level up a bit? Even normal chapter 1 would do. Just something where a lvl3 sorc stands a chance to survive.

Will we be playing full pvp or party pvp in the future (i.e. will I be able to accidently damage you ppl with spells or not)? I need to know this so I can adjust my spells.

Otherwise, a superb concept! having a "main base" and moving out for adventures on another server is just great :)

anyways, if you could put on a newbie-module just for a few hours or maybe a day, I'd be very thankful. If you need/want to contact me, everything from PM or post, to ICQ (118928526) or email (flashbang@tfcautoop.cjb.net) will do. Of course, all of you can contact me this way if you need/want to. I'm always open for a little chat or a little mail.

cya
    - Flash

p.s.: just saw bioware is offering a 3dsmax-exporter plugin for the aurora-engine. So, if any custom-models are needed, I can make a few :)

I'll leave chapter2 running for a while with auth reload, that should allow u to get up a few levels.

If you've servers you think we should portal to stick them down and I'll add them to the stating post module. you'll not be able to able to use your characters but it works for meeting up before hand.

Chapter 2 back up.

Aye that ranger whatever mod was actually a bit of fun for something so simple, and certainly involved a lot more deaths than I had imagined ... greed kills ...

Anyhows, I left some more stuff out in the usual spot. There was a +3 set of Full plate which may be of use to BC or another tank.

Anyhows, gonna take a peek at the mod up now

JAK.

dang, actually wanted to create a few models for a HL-mod now... but... ahhh wtf, I'll join in a second :)
    playing with ppl is always more fun than leveling up alone

cya
    - Flash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

I might pop in tonight at 8:30.
    I'm a complete newbie to this (only got the game the other day) so just let me know if I'm in the way. :)

[edit]
    Looks like I was too late for the party. :o
    [/edit]

• Advertisement

I was there. Only for a short time, but I have to say: "WOW"
    A very nice crew!

There was always this guy that stayed at the door because he was too easy to kill... well... I hid behind him ;)
    Next lvlup will give me another magic missile so I can do a fair amount of damage and be of more use.

I got a few questions thou:

- are we going to always play full pvp (like yesterday)? or will it change? or might we play party-pvp in the future? I need those infos to get my spells sorted

- is this "tweak" or "feature" or howevery you call it still active that reduces XP earned of low-lvl players team up with high-lvl players? It was still active when I last played the game (frequently), but I couldn't see a difference between playing alone and playing together with lvl 10-15 ppl. Anyone here that knows for sure?

thx in advance!

cya
    - Flash

Lo Flash,

The PvP level is set to 2

As far as the XP goes, any tweak there is on a per module basis. But the portal server doesnt give any at all and is full PvP except in the inn

I hope to add a few extra additions to the portal this weekend.

On a side note, as normal the game server is down, but if ppl want I can put back up a module, maybe chaper 2 or 3 ?

how about chapter 1 for a day or something? :D
    I tried getting around on chap2, but besides a wolf and a troll, I didn't manage to kill something and stay alive :)

I don't know if there are other low-lvl players around, but if there are more, a self-restarting 1-day-chap1 server would probably be enough to get at least an acceptable level before facing the BIG enemies. But like I said, dunno if there are more and I gotta admit that running a server only for me to level up is way over-the-top. So, are there any new players around? or maybe ppl that want to start a new character? Please post if that's the case!

cya
    - Flash

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

ch 1 would be nice (can anyone else say magical swords?)

Would give the low level peeps a chance to get some experience without dying every two seconds and the high levels can still have fun without jumping too far ahead or getting overloaded with treasure.

me thinks the guy near the door was me :)
    mage/thief so hand to hand is a bit of a no-no for me. Mind you, I managed ok against the minogons (see my post about when I came back onto the server later last night -NWN monday 7/1/03).

We continuing Raven on Wednesday?

ps. flash, if you want any scrolls for learning spells let me know. I have a few extras. Also, if you want a pretty nifty staff (one I got from elegia eternum) you can use it. I use a bow mainly and the staff is only good if you keep it equipped - gives extra spells (a second and a third) but if you equip something else you lose the spells from memory :(

<--- is a cute sorceress

no use for scrolls :)
    thx anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Just like to step forward as being one of the new players. Maybe a little too new tbh. I'm lost. :)

don't worry about being new. Just hide behind the experienced ones until you are ready. Everyone starts somewhere.

tried to have a go at the server at 12 tonight but portal kept timing out. Have to say, the encounters in chapter 1 level up nicely (played earlier with BC). Still give a good challenge and the treasure is decent too.

The connect loss seemed to be happening on the ns server as well, I rebooted the bo9x just in case. but from what I could see no games actually crashed so it may have been connections to iol where a bit fúckored lastnight.

is it my imagination or are dial up connections actually managing to get worse? I used to connect at 48 or 49, now I'm ecstatic to get 46. Mostly it's on at 42 :(

And the first smarmy git to mention broadband gets an arrow in the back :)*

*unless he's bigger than me and/or knows I'm there

• Advertisement

another stupid question from me :)

the "IP" of the tavern-server (HQ-server... or however you want to call it) is games2.iol.ie
    but what's the "IP" of the gameserver? games.iol.ie ? games1.iol.ie ? or a static IP? I'd like to know so I can add it to my list of servers under surveilance. This way, I'll know when someone joins. Don't worry, the proggy won't ping the server every few seconds. The time between checks is 5 mins (can set it up to 10-30 mins if it's still too much).

thx in advance!

cya
    - flash

Advertisement