Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heterosexual Questionnaire

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I disagree. It's a damned good point. It's not out fault that people feel the need to ask questions they wouldn't do of heterosexual people. However I, and I'm sure others, answer them and will continue to do so in order to break down some peoples intentional and unintentional ignorance. We don't have to like the questions to answer them - therefore how can you say we are perpetuating ignorance?

You aren't making sense. Being verbose doesn't lend your point much weight either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I would agree with the guru, and other with similiar point of views.
    To the person who created the thread....... thanks to heterosexuality you are able to bitch about other peoples sexuality.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,017 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I actually wasn't trying to bitch about peoples sexuality. I posted this questionnaire in the GLB section for people who understand what it's like to be asked some of these questions and as a sort of joke. It wasn't meant to be taken as seriously as some of the people in the personal issues forum have taken it. However on the serious side it does reverse the stereotypes around

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by BuffyBot
    Being verbose doesn't lend your point much weight either.

Yes but, your 'logic' and I use the term loosely here, is that "two wrongs make a right".

Logically false & false is not equal to true.
    Quad Erat Demonstrandum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by yellum
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

Indeed.

Originally posted by yellum
    Yes but, your 'logic' and I use the term loosely here, is that "two wrongs make a right".

Unfortunately, sometimes they have to make do, rather than make it right. Would it be better to promote ignorance by not answering the questions, than to dispel it somewhat by answering them? Where would be the logic in simply not addressing questions of people? Would that not perpetuate ignorance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Graemo

The white male heterosexual is the ONLY demographic you can politically correctly take the piss out of these days.

ps. you are actually gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

to all the people who didn't get that this was satire (quite good satire at that) and got pissed of at being asked stupid questions, but didn't get that they are supposed to be stupid questions ... you are IDIOTS

(not naming any names of course ... you know who you are :))

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

It was funny but some of the questions just didnt work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Originally posted by BuffyBot
    Good point :)

Never looked at the responses from that point of view, I doubt the people responding did either ;)

In fairness, the ones who didnt get frustrated during the course of the questionnaire appeared to have got it. It's up there in the GLB section as well. Much funnier putting it in here though and reversing the questioning for once. Gays do get asked some dumb f*ck questions. The best one (and I've asked it) has got to be "so, how long have you been gay"?

• Advertisement

"so, how long have you been gay"?

Nature/Nurture.

Obviously you favour nature, but that's not exactly objective proof. One might easily become gay after being hetero or bi sexual for quite some time, it's a possibility, so long as you can't prove the existance of homosexuality from birth.

Err, I am a tad lost Typedef. Can you clarify what you mean by "You obviously favour nature".

Sure.

A debate the rages between Psychologists, Geneticists and Philosophers as to 'what shapes you as a person'.

Nature : Ie, that which you are born with, instincts, genetics and so on.

Nurture: Ie the environment you are brought up in.

Personally when it comes to human behavour I favour nurture for several different reasons.

Fair enough- I was listening to one of those late night call in shows and someone said that apparantly there is a gene that causes homosexuality. Dont know what anyone else makes of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

There may be something about it on the GLB Issues forum

Advertisement