Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

finally gettin off me arse to get in shape...

Options
  • 18-12-2002 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭

right, after years and years of blatant laziness... ive decided to do something bout me flabby belly. currently im 6foot 5 tall and 18 stone in weight, and ive decided that because of my broad shoulders and large frame the best way for me to get myself fit would be through weights and a few hours jogging a week. as im starting from sratch here, id like to know what people on here would advise as a starter routine to get myself into the swing of things

monetary problems mean that joining a gym is out of reach at the moment, however i am currently sharing a flat with a mate who has a weights bench he never uses.

links to some sites with beginners routines and regimes as well as advice from some of the knowledgeable people on this site would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,

helix

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Sorry for the late reply. But if you just take a look at the links in the sticky you should find more than enough information to setup a beginners routine for yourself.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Helix here is one 4 you

Pumping Station

Don't 4get to check the links page like logic said. You probably find better links there.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Brian Houlihan

good luck.
    I hope you get fit

Advertisement