Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SW:Galaxies - Boards.ie Need YOU!

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds
    I think I read in the FAQ that you can build cloning facilities. However, this may have been a dream.

i found this in the FAQ -

7.22 How does the character death and respawning system work?

A series of "cloning facilities" are located throughout the game. When your character dies, he or she will respawn at the last cloning facility they visited. All insured items will appear on your character when you respawn. Additionally any items you don’t insure will remain on your corpse until you (or a consented friend) retrieve them. The penalty for dying essentially is the loss of time (which could be critical for finishing missions) and loss of money spent on insuring/cloning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i may or may not play depending on the price
    according to a mate of mine from the us who is working on the beta the initial monthly cost is set to $18, wich is almost double Neocron :(

if this turns out to be false i will probably play, that is if neocron doesnt swallow me whole :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/starwars/Forum3/HTML/088000.html

I have to say I'm not liking the developers attitudes towards this game. It would seem they intend to stifle alot of freedom. Also there's indications that SWG might be $20-30 a month. They have stated pretty clearly that they will charge what ever gives the better profit margin even if it drives most people away.

edit: also I've been reading that you can't just go into the game with the intention of becoming a Jedi, there is a random chance that at some stage in your characters life it will develop the force, ie you could play the game for 5 years and never become a jedi which might have driven you to buy the game in the 1st place. Won't effect me, cos I'm more interested in the Bounty Hunter role, as well as a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Probably end up playing it, not a notion what id be though. I may even associate with you reprebates :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

I would be interested but wouldn't you need a credit card to pay?Coz if you do, I'm out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by OSiriS
    edit: also I've been reading that you can't just go into the game with the intention of becoming a Jedi, there is a random chance that at some stage in your characters life it will develop the force, ie you could play the game for 5 years and never become a jedi which might have driven you to buy the game in the 1st place. Won't effect me, cos I'm more interested in the Bounty Hunter role, as well as a few others.
    They have been stampin this one down pretty hard, they say it everywhere on the forums, if they made a class jedi then 50% of the population would be jedi, and it just wouldnt be any fun.

And Johnny Gomez, you need a credit card for any MMORPG im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

<--- Entertainer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭Wossack

Count me in.. as long its <=15 quid a month.

Bagsie gunsmith ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Originally posted by Pugsley

And Johnny Gomez, you need a credit card for any MMORPG im afraid.

Maybe I'm wrong here but I vaugely remember being able to buy monthly vouchers with cash in game stores for Ultima Online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

yeah you were able to buy vouchers afaik

• Advertisement

With Jedi impowered characters being so rare I can see jedi accounts fetching huge sums over ebay, I wonder what varent's stance on this will be. I remember them banning people who were farming everquest items on ebay when I was playing it but that was ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

$18 a month for one character servers only!? They are on crack.

"Move along, this is not the game your looking for"

Or the best quote I heard so far "SW:Galaxies. The fanboi is strong with this one".

Seriously though. $9.99 is the current going price a month for MMORPG's. All I'll pay to play.

Also the current trend for these type of games is to have serious problems in one form or another for the first six months. It's almost part of the game at this stage, and remember the mantra "Never play on patch day".

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Hey Gary, any chance DnC TB's vid cards will be boosted up to compliment that tasty 1meg line before SW:G's arrival? ;)

-DA-

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Having all boards.ie users on one server would be a good start just to help each other get started on what ever type of toon we end up playing. Only 1 character per server is allowed so forget about having any mules to do the boring/credit making jobs.

I cant see there being any Euro servers for a good while and I honestly cant see myself playing for the first 6 months as most MMORPGS tend to suck banta droppings for the first 6 months.

Dark Jedi is where Ill probley end up going :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 escapeing death

malus bothan ranger/marksman at your service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Originally posted by Hobbes
    ... remember the mantra "Never play on patch day".

I've heard alot of ex EQ players saying this everytime someone mentions patch trouble in DAOC, apart from difficulty gettin onto the patch server for the 1st hour or so patch day is fine in that game.

I have to agree with you though hobbes, SWG may not be all peaches and cream as alot of ppl are expecting. In this kind of game you want to kind of freedom to play out your character as ever you see fit, but Verant seem keen to stifle this freedom in order to get more money in. Every comment I hve heard them make about some of the restrictions many are putting down to a way to get more revenue and I have even seen Holo mention a few ways they are thinking of implementing a "premium" membership. In otherwords those who can afford to pay more can avail of some very nice features that most can't.

Anything over $15 a month is too much to pay for a game. Verant will charge more because they believe people will pay it, and tbh they are right. Many will curse them for it but will still part with the money. I'm going to see how it goes and if it doesn't pan out I'll have no trouble waiting for Wow which is looking to be a great game.

There are alot of comments lately that "fanboi's" are going to ruin this game. If anyone has read the SWG forums you'll notice a huge "holier than thou" attitude from them and the game hasn't even been released yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Osiris you do make a valid point about the "holier than thou" attitude on the SW:G forums, even by other soon to be released websites, the SW:G one is totaly bent.

The premium service you mentioned has already been done in EQ and consists of a special server where the customer support is ment to be better,has extra zones/areas, mores quests and loot and such like.

I do agree with them on the one character per server limit tho as it cut out alot of the grief element that always happens in these type of online games.

It just sucks the way they are going on about money so much. I know they are running a business but they are just being to grotty about it in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

What's WOW?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

The brilliance of this, however, is the fact that if you don't like the bloody game when it comes out, you can return it. No one's forcing you to play it. ;) UNLESS they decide to charge for your first initial month/week, by then ofcourse, you wouldn't be able to return it with Game's 11 day gaurantee.

I am, however, still looking very forward to this game. If it's even half of what it's cracked up to be, I'll enjoy it. I think the most enjoyable thing about the game will be your uniqueness. They've already made 1,000 different human variants, and that's just for humans. Thank Budha. No more running into yourself anymore.

-DA-

Originally posted by Celt
    What's WOW?

World of Warcraft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2907420,00.html

I know that this was mentioned in a seperate thread, but the release date is 15th April, 2003. No mention of costs, and the official site doesn't even mention a release date, but it at least lets us know when to preorder or start queueing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

Ill be playing, but only if the price isnt to extreme (bad enough having to pay eircon aswell).

Gunsmith, Bounty Hunter or Marksman for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

Im worried about the fact that the latest sony mmorpg, asherons call 2? i think. Only accept credit card payment from like 8 countries, i can't remember which but i know ireland wasn't one of them :/

If they do that for SWG i won't be happy tbh, and they seem to be avoiding weither there will be Euro servers on release or not.

The release date isn't much to be desired either, since its 8 months later then what they had intended..

Sony has nothing to do with Asheron's Call 2. It was developed by turbine and published by Microsoft. Having said that I wouldn't be surprised at all if there's a delayed release of SW:Galaxies in europe.

Advertisement