Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SW:Galaxies - Boards.ie Need YOU!

Options
  • 05-12-2002 4:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's drawing closer, and closer. Soon, the upcoming MORPG of the Age will be upon us. Star Wars Galaxies - an Empire Divided. What are you going to do until it's release? Buy an apartment across from Game until the pre-order is released? Try to bribe your way into LucasArts and get in on the action? Perhaps cry in your bedroom until your mother invents a time-machine? Well, shrug all of these mildly nerdy ideas off your shoulders!

Because instead, we could be planning a Boards.ie clan! I've been looking at the FAQ recently, and with a skill system of 700 skill trees and growing, a group of Irish players running a local shop on Corellia just won't do. I say we bunch together, every boards.ie player into one giant gang. We can have a front, whether that be a local diner, or a small capital scale ship, or whatever.. At any rate, if we all manage to get our characters sorted from the launch, by no time we'll be running smoothly.

Why? you ask? Well, very simple.. While there may be other large gangs patrolling the SW: Galaxy world that may match us easily, it doesn't mean your average hard-core player will. The more people in a gang, with the more jobs means the more easier it is for us to advance.

Say Monty decides to be a fat Rodian resturant owner, and we decide to use his resturant as a front, it would mean he can give us free food, which means free health. We can give him money, which means he can better his skills which means more health. In return, we're obviously protection. The cycle never finishes. Say Hobbes decides to be a weapon smith, and he needs money to advance his skills.. You guessed it, we give, we get free weapon-healing.

The scheme is simple, while most of us will probably want to be thugs, goons, bounty hunters (which I hear is very hard to be/get. Which is a good thing) and assassins, we'll need to spread out allot, from everything from chefs, to song-writers, to ship engineers to pilots (very important should we get into the spice trade).

First thing we need is a decend half-assed leader. I mod will be a good idea, because everyone knows a mod. Then we can sort out who wants to be what.. Maybe like, everyone posts up here what they want to be. If there turns out to be one too many thugs, then we can ask someone to be the next best thing, or something to that degree. ;)

This is just an idea, seeing as allot of Boards.ie people have been wanting to play this game for a while, I see no problem with making a clan of some sort. The bigger the better. And remember, who cares if 'There's someone in that clan I don't like!'. Put up, or shut up. ;)

Post your ideas up here. Also, I'd like to hear from someone wanting to lead this gang of scumbags.

-DA-

P.S: If someone has posted something similar to this, sorry. Either way, we need to get one big group of Boarders for SW:Galaxies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Im gonna be an exotic dancer+song writer and maybe a carpenter. Im going to live on Hoth as an entertainer and I hope to become Darth Vaders private dancer!!

Having said that, I would be willing to join your motley crew....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Intereasting idea...I would also join this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

this is a pay-to-play game right ? will they have european servers running ? when is the game due out ? What makes a mod qualify for being a leader in a game ? But hey fine by me , as long as i can bash some heads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Your ideas are intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

The game is out Q1 of next year (Feb. ish).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I might join this PA of your (its what SW:G calls clans/guilds if you dont know :)) but i think you would get more MMORPG'ers on the RPG boards, maybe post up a link on there just to show them the idea :)

Dunno what i'll be yet, droid engineer sounds like fun, but if the force happens to come along ill follow that instead......... that means droid engy :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Senbotsu

I'd like to be a pilot but if I'm tempted by the force dark/light I' just have to follow

-Senbotsu

:duel

http://www.angelfire.com/droid/psocubed/homepage.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Welcome to Hotel Veeeerant, I hope you enjoy your stay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I'd join but the only things I'd be good at is shouting RARRRRRR! and FUUUU TEEEE NEEEEE!!! at podracers.

Ah that cracks me up that does.

/me imagines a boards.ie/starwars scene were myself, mirv and kaids don little brown hoodies and poke Logic the Hut with sticks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by amp
    myself, mirv and kaids don little brown hoodies and poke Logic the Hut with sticks

LOL

If i dont get to be a rock throwing Ewok im not playing.

:)

KdjaC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by amp

/me imagines a boards.ie/starwars scene were myself, mirv and kaids don little brown hoodies and poke Logic the Hut with sticks

Hilarious as usual. :rolleyes:

.logic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

no regi, Welcome to Brothel Veeeerant!! sleep with the finest droid prostitutes in the galaxy ;)

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

I'mmin, with my vast knowledge of hoteliering and also bar work I'll make the ultimate bellhope/glasswasher/male prositute.

RAR TEH BOARDS GALAXY!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭BKtje

Count me in, no idea what i'll be yet but still got plenty of time to think about it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Originally posted by Dark-Angel
    Say Hobbes decides to be a weapon smith, and he needs money to advance his skills.. You guessed it, we give, we get free weapon-healing.

do you really want to end up using tinfoil light sabers in a fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i bent my wookie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Sounds Good, Would be interesting to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Mechanic, banker, second hand car dealer.. all sound good to me - lets hope the game isn't a pile of drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

As, it's pay-per-play. And the only goddamned game I'm gonna pay for aftering buying it. ;)

And that's a damned good idea, Pugs.

Also, I hear you can put up more then just 'fronts'. If we were a large scale gang, with one or more diners, cantinas, dance clubs, whatever.. each one can be used as a front for our gang - However, even with that going, we can all be apart of one big Front.. Like, security services, or mercenaries (The B-Team!), or anything. Keep that in mind. Mercs are the best, it allows us all to go off and do our own thing while at the same time band together.

And with enough people, GMs/city Mayors will build customized bases if we have the money. And if we don't, we can intimidate them into doing it. Just some of the fun stuff gangs can pull off. ;)

-DA-

I think I'm either gonna be a Zebrak Bounty Hunter, a Rodian Scumbag/bodyguard (complete with kappa tracksuit. Allriiii!11), or a Bothan Spy/assassin.. Or maybe a human pilot. But that'll be used sooo much.

Also, did I mention there's 700 skills and growing? You can be ANYTHING. ;)

-DA-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I (and possibly others, I shall spread the word) shall join this group, if only for the threat of "You mess with me and you're messing with boards.ie."

I'll probably start leaning towards guns/blasters, hopefully to become an assassin. Then I can put all my experience points towards the other prerequisites for bounty hunter while having a serious job.

On the subject of having a large clan, if we have enough people we could start our own city on a planet, and elect our own representatives. This would also allow us to build defences, such as laser cannons, walls and minefields.

• Advertisement

Yes. And we could call it.. United States of Spam! ... or not. But you get the idea. With enough people, you can do ANYTHING. You can even declare your own laws in such a state. And pass off votes. 'All Boards.ie players must look like Jawas on sunday nights.' Yeh, and ****.

-DA-

Originally posted by Dark-Angel
    You can even declare your own laws in such a state.
    We could even create a senate, and have our dictator ignore them and invade a neighbouring, smaller city!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

The nerdyness is strong in this one!

/me runs off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Absolutely up for this. Since news of the game hit my brain I immediately wanted there to be a uniting of players from Boards and Fortress etc.

I am gonna be a bounty hunter / General Toughguy who can hold his own.

If we did all gang together less people would mess with us and we could also help eachother to better ourselves as DA was saying. Being such a large number in boards and on IRC if we did all band together I think we could become quite a force to be reckoned with if we all stuck at it and built ourselves up.

Well this is just my two cents but as far as I'm concerned I'm in!

Ry

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Barry Aldwell
    We could even create a senate, and have our dictator ignore them and invade a neighbouring, smaller city!

And build a clone army???

I don't think you can create clones, but you can command a squad of stormtroopers if you become a squad leader for the Empire. A bounty hunter with a personal stormtrooper squad, that's what I wanna be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Andor

I don't think you can create clones

we can all pretend to be clones!:p

hmmm, if i can afford the whole 'pay per play' thingy and ADSL rollout in my area actually starts to happen i'ld be up for it.

bags a thug!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

Excellent, I'm in. I'm gonna be a slicer, get you all free holonet access (even the donkey pr0n channels) :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

can the two forces work together in this game?
    sounds a bit weird to me, or we go for imperial forces or the 'pesky' 'little' 'annoying' federation...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

If everyone picked evil stormtroopers we would start with guns :D

Then we latch onto another group (boards.co.uk) and cause controversy when we kill our brotherhood group and start running amok tru the galaxy basically being bullies going for the small towns recruiting and pillaging and so forth.

If George Lucas doesnt ban us we can rule the world :D

MUHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH

KdjaC

Advertisement