Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which game should be made into a movie?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Mafia, Planetscape Torment, Deus Ex, System Shock 2, Final Fantasy 7, although they kind of did this one with the FF Movie what with Planet Life Forces and what not. I'd still like to see FF7 the movie.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd rather see FF7 the mini series since a film would be far to short for FF7 epic story. Don't think most ignorant twats that inhabit this world would get it though. It's their loss. And yours Praetorian. Youre missing out if you don't play this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

AvP - being made into one by Fox atm isn't it?

Cannon Fodder tbh tbh, with full on gore and pop-guns. And Skidoos.

Elite.

Half-Life would kick arse tbh.

Mechwarrior saga.

Big Fúck-off Whirr-Whirr-Stomp-Stomp mechs rampaging through villages crushing pe0ns beneath their 2 tonne feet while dodging hurtling volleys of LRMs and casting searing beams of parallel light into the cockpit of that wánker that just shot out your left arm with the Gauss cannon on it......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Silent Hill! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Big Fúck-off Whirr-Whirr-Stomp-Stomp mechs rampaging through villages crushing pe0ns beneath their 2 tonne feet while dodging hurtling volleys of LRMs and casting searing beams of parallel light into the cockpit of that wánker that just shot out your left arm with the Gauss cannon on it......

The doctor prescribes a heavy dose of Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory and Gundam 08th MS Squadron for your ailment, young man.

oooh, and Gasaraki. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    I'd rather see FF7 the mini series since a film would be far to short for FF7 epic story. Don't think most ignorant twats that inhabit this world would get it though. It's their loss. And yours Praetorian. Youre missing out if you don't play this game.

All i have to say on this is the following:

Oooh Oohh, its your turn to hit me! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

max payne could be good, or maybe silent hill...

oh yeah, i reckon the plot (?) of gta3 is pretty close to that of payback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

metal gear solid would be a class movie...kinda like a darker james bond....I think grand theft auto or return to castle wolfenstein would'nt be half bad either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

In February we had rumors going on about a GTA movie. Well now Rockstar have confirmed they are interested in making a GTA movie, but they're not looking for the blockbuster.

Apparently Sam Houser, president of Rockstar Games, has been going around and trying to get people interested in making a GTA movie for 5 years. Noone even blinked. Then after GTA3, producers started calling in, wanting to make one, and discussing ideas.

Rockstar knew that if they wanted to make a movie it would be more of a personal movie, with their touch. They clearly knew that they don't want to have a blockbuster. In their own words: "A bad movie, a commercial movie, would damage our game".

So for now there is no GTA movie, but if there ever will be (and if the GTA series will stay popular), you can expect something cool. Something original. A "landslide approach".

i'd buy that for a dollar

Originally posted by Shinji
    The doctor prescribes a heavy dose of Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory and Gundam 08th MS Squadron for your ailment, young man.

oooh, and Gasaraki. :)

:)

Sound, might give em a look if I can find them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Originally posted by Quigs Snr
    Mafia, Planetscape Torment, Deus Ex, System Shock 2, Final Fantasy 7, although they kind of did this one with the FF Movie what with Planet Life Forces and what not. I'd still like to see FF7 the movie.

http://www.pcgameworld.com/story.php/id/149

They is already making a Deus Ex movie. :) Mafia? C'mon! How many gangster films do we have already? System Shock 2? Agree completely.

Can't believe nobody mentioned DUKE NUKEM!!

Because it should have been made 10 years ago when arnie wasn't a geriatric.

And it would still be shít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭GiMiC

I remember hearing about a year ago that there was some talk of making Duke Nukem into a movie, with The Rock as the lead. IMHO it could have possibly worked. The target audience for a film like that would be the same sort of people who enjoy Arnie movies (like me ;-) ), so a decent plot wouldn't be required.

G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

Dark age of camelot? :E

/me sits back and waits for a slap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

*slap*

Jedi Knight II

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I have horrible visions of someone buying a franchise for UT or Quake and making it into some cheesy movie following a young hero's exploits in the Gaming Arenas etc - not good.

All that said, Quake 2 (and the pending Quake 4) have story that could work as a Movie (big scrap against the Strogg), but it's been done before and would probably look pants! :)

Max Pane would work since the game plays like a movie anyway - same applies for GTA (especially GTA3).

What you've got to remember is, most games take their influences from the movies...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Only American games copy movies because American developers have no imagination. Japanese British and French games are usually original with lots of imagination.

Then you have the films that actually copy the games like The Matrix. It will be a bit of a disappointment to see Morpheus doing exactly what MGS's ninja did with the katana in the film. Most people will think it's cool but for me I'd have already seen it before.

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Only American games copy movies because American developers have no imagination. Japanese British and French games are usually original with lots of imagination.

yeah, plenty of imagination after a big bucket ful of mushies.
    Goes a long way to explaining Pikmin, Choo Choo Rocket and Pokémon tbh.

"The cows are talking to me! 'Catch Em All!' they cry. Resist....I....try...must...to <epileptic fit>"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Alien vs Predator:) been on hold for years now.....get the finger out Fox:mad:

• Advertisement

They are making Aliens v Predator but it'sbeing made by Paul Anderson the man responsible for Mortal Cambat and Resident Evil. So it's going to be crap. It seems not only did they want him but they got rid of David Twohy (not sure if thats spelt right) who made Pitch Black to do so.:mad:

Where did you read this link please? Paul Anderson? dont you mean Paul Verhoeven who also directed robocop and total recall?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Solitaire :D

Originally posted by Darko
    They are making Aliens v Predator but it'sbeing made by Paul Anderson the man responsible for Mortal Cambat and Resident Evil. So it's going to be crap. It seems not only did they want him but they got rid of David Twohy (not sure if thats spelt right) who made Pitch Black to do so.:mad:

Tbh, Pitch Black kinda sucked, as did mortal Kombat, but I liked Res Evil. Milla Jovonavich :)

So at the moment the points are with the current plum chicken.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Pitch Black was half decent, as was Mortal Kombat (Especially in comparison to films such as, oh I don't know, Street Fighter?) - Liked Resident Evil also.

As for games to films, Silent Hill would definately be a name I'd throw at the producers. Warhammer: Dark Omen (I never let that game go, do I) could quite possibly be a good one (Although there would be an insant reaction from LOTR fans who would go around branding it a rip off) Oh, and I slightly resemble Willem Fletcher, also, which is class.

Duke Nukem? God no - It'd be a typical cheesy one man army, gun blazing Arnie slug fest. I tire of those.

As for that comment about Arnie Playing the chap from Doom, I heard rumours YEARS ago that they were at least planning a Doom Movie. No word since, though.

I would also like to take the time to agree totally with Dav on his previous point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Just so you know, a Pac Man film IS being made.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Darko

darco is a film music and game anorak! :)

Homeworld would make a great movie....HMMmm...Epic Sci-Fi

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Grim Fandango.

All in CG. Get Tim Burton to direct it. Could be kicka$s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by koneko
    Grim Fandango.

All in CG. Get Tim Burton to direct it. Could be kicka$s.
    Greatest idea ever.

Advertisement