Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Console

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

GameCube

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

The PS2 has the best games, therefore it's the most woth-while to get. Having said that though The X-box and the GameCube are still good consoles, just the PS2 has the best games.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭sudo911

I have both a PS2 & XBOX (Both modded by me to play backups :) ) , but I'd go for the XBOX.... versions of games are much better on the XBOX and you can even run LINUX on it!!! ;)

Sudo911.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Three letters:

G T A

does that answer your question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Anyone professing "loyalty" to any given console needs to get out more.

Quite True, Need a quick laugh? Just take a look at Aertel 1 page 396 to find mass of console-war crap.

Its quite disturbing sometimes actually, threats of

"ill kill ya if ya buy a cube" etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

you can run linux on a ps2 and you dont need to chip it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Originally posted by Phreak
    Three letters:

G T A

Yes! It's the game that'll quite rightly shift huge amounts of PS2s - a game worth buying the system for.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Here's a more important question:
    Does Shinji watch too much neon genesis evangelion.
    Not really a bad thing since it's class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Does Shinji watch too much neon genesis evangelion.

Dunno what counts as "too much" - saw it all about seven years ago just after it came out in Japan - and yes, that's where the nick came from. Admittedly, I picked up the nick BEFORE seeing the movies, and kinda wished I could drop it after seeing them.... :)

Oddly enough actually, I finally got around to replacing my VHS copies with the cool DVD Perfect Collection box set a couple of weeks back. Expensive but worth it (and not the most expensive thing out there by a long shot... I just spent 60 quid on the limited edition of the first episode of SaiKano. I'm a sucker for DVD boxes with toys in them :( )

(Oops, vastly OT... Er, videogames are good, aren't they!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

Originally posted by sudo911
    I have both a PS2 & XBOX (Both modded by me to play backups :) ) , but I'd go for the XBOX.... versions of games are much better on the XBOX and you can even run LINUX on it!!! ;)

Sudo911.
    well no not yet legally, you can however with ps2 they have an official linux pack you can buy for it
    Three letters:

G T A

does that answer your question?

not bad but hardly worth buying a ps2 for when most people have a pc and can dl it for free in an .iso

the only game i would be tempted to buy a ps2 for is ICO and at that its supposed to be very short,

i think the recent announcement of 4 new original games and bio4 for the gamecube has helped it alot

killer 7
    viewtiful joe
    project no.3
    biohazard 4
    dead phoenix

as with metroid, zelda etc..

amd as for XBOX still too expensive and has failed so miserably in japan with even major developers wlking away from it in america , EA won't even support it with their strict LIVE policies , they should adopt the attitude of sony's online plans ,

by the way only 20% of european homes will have broadband by 2005 , thats not enough for a machine which is totally dependent on XBOX LIVE now to survive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

simply put the xbox is the most powerful console on the market but the amount of penetration the ps2 has is just too much for microsoft to cope with, the younger brother it getting a ps2 for xmas and i cant wait at the end of the day the ps2 is the only machine console or pc that you can get FFIX on and thats all that matters. As regards to controllers the ps has the best controller i have ever used, even considered getting a cable to allow my ps controller to connect to my pc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    simply put the xbox is the most powerful console on the market but the amount of penetration the ps2 has is just too much for microsoft to cope with, the younger brother it getting a ps2 for xmas and i cant wait at the end of the day the ps2 is the only machine console or pc that you can get FFIX on and thats all that matters. As regards to controllers the ps has the best controller i have ever used, even considered getting a cable to allow my ps controller to connect to my pc

thats true the xbox has the grunt of the bunch, although if you dl those vids of capcoms new games for gamecube data you will be very surprised , easily matching the power of the xbox at this time, but its not about graphical power now is it,

true the playstation generation will argue and flame that they have the most games which is true, but for gameplay and value for money you cannot beat nintendo games,

final fantasy no. 9 is it, ? number 10 online looks sweet but has it's bugs, by the way the first 6 we're on nintendo's machines and they are migrating back , the new final fantasy chronicles is a gamecube exclusive

:D

by the way the first 6 we're on nintendo's machines and they are migrating back

That's not strictly true - Crystal Chronicle looks great and all but the mainstream of Final Fantasy titles is staying on PS2 for now. FFXII and FFX-2 are both PS2 titles.

As for FFXI... I don't think we'll ever see that over here on PS2, actually :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

sorry ffX is what i meant for the ps2 looking forward a lot to getting that and sorry ffIX never saw the light of day on the p.c i held off for ages before buying it and eventually it went platinum. As regards to the earlier ff titles, there all available on emulators and they even released a lot of them as ps1 titles if i remember correctly. In relation to future ff titles we will have to wait and see. I'm not knocking the game cube, i think it is a good console at a good price, however i do question nintendo's decision over their choice of media and believe the console should have been able to double as a half-decent dvd player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    Yes! It's the game that'll quite rightly shift huge amounts of PS2s - a game worth buying the system for.

PC version of GTA3 wipes the floor with the PS2 version.

PC version of GTA3 wipes the floor with the PS2 version.

Matter of opinion. I thought the PC version was a particularly crap port, personally.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Shinji
    Matter of opinion. I thought the PC version was a particularly crap port, personally.

I second that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The PS2 version was great.

And one* game won't influence Joe Soap to shell out €1000 on a PC, but it could very possibly persuade him to buy a €250 dvd-playing console.

* Yes, I know there's plenty of wonderful, fantastic, mind-blowing games on the PC - I'm just addressing how significant GTA3 is to each format.

Advertisement