Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Console

Options
  • 13-11-2002 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hope this poll hasnt been done before! Nice and simple, where does your loyalty lye?

which console? 58 votes

Gamecube
    0% 0 votes
    xbox
    29% 17 votes
    ps2
    27% 16 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    43% 25 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Own a gamecube but make games for Xbox :)

So buy both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

would have to say ps2, playstation game range has always been far superior to its challengers. That and i would vote on it alone for pro evoloution soccer 2, best football game ever :D

gta3 was also fookin ace, im looking forward to buying vice city when i gets paid, as spent so many hrs on first part :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The Xbox is my fave in some ways, but the biggest problem is the lack of decent games.

The Gamecube is shaping up. I didn't like the look of it at first because I don't like any of the Mario/Super monkey ball/puzzle type games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Wow, a poll where an atari jaguar option would be almost relevant...

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭MAC_E

Its true that a big amount of the games on the cube are aimed at the younger audience. But i think as the titles start to be released quicker well see more and more top quality releases.....more along the lines of resident evil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Asuka
    Wow, a poll where an atari jaguar option would be almost relevant...

A

And so it came to pass...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Nice and simple, where does your loyalty lye?

It lies wherever there are good, creative entertaining games to be played - which right now covers all three consoles. And the GBA. And the PC. And the Dreamcast, come to think of it.

Anyone professing "loyalty" to any given console needs to get out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I prefer my PC to any console really .... can't do without a keyboard and mouse.

/me looks at PS2 which has lain mostly unused for months

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yep i agree with Stephen,you cannot beat a good PC.
    I bought xbox so i could link up with 3 friends via ethernet hub and play Halo.Also consoles are great for Multiplayer sports titles.
    Ive got to say im dissapointed with lack of good games on Xbox.
    Apart from Halo theres nothing for me ,atleast until Splinter cell,MGS substance and Ghost Recon[which i love for PC] comes out so i can link up with it too.
    I wish PES 2 was on xbox ,what an amazing game it is.
    PC games are so deep with huge longevity compared to most console games.

Like i said i only got Xbox for link up with friends which i might add is great once you get used to controls.My friends and i wouldnt bother with any console if Broadband internet access was affordable where we live,atleast linking up we have zero lag.

If i hadnt got this link-up setup id go for PS2 as its a huge library of great games and of course PES2.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Has to be Atari Jaguar. Even though I don't have one, I know it has the same power as the rest of them*

* 230V ~ :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

PC games are so deep with huge longevity compared to most console games

PC gamers are the aristocrats of gaming. :D
    Bring on Splinter Cell and all you PS2 owners can stick your MGS2...

I'm thinking of buying a 'Box after Christmas maybe. That or the 'Cube.

I'm *really* not a PS person. The ads annoy me...the console doesn't look great to me...the controllers dont feel right to me.

Maybe it's becos I'm *too* acustomed to my PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i was *going* to get a cube, but tbh i want a console that does more than play games.
    xbox looks pretty decent, but the ps2 has exclusive rights to vice city:(
    :mad:
    cant make up my mind

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm finding pc games at the moment lacking any real imagination or even bring anything knew to the gaming scene. Consoles is where its at at the moment. The pc needs another half-life, warcraft or MOH pretty soon. Splinter cell might be the one. Don't expect Doom3 to blow you away with anything but its graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Dreamcast, what other single console can I play Dreamcast, Playstation, Snes, Megadrive, Master System, Nes games on, and watch VCD's and DIVX films.
    pWNED :>

Anyone professing "loyalty" to any given console needs to get out more.

It strikes me that anyone who posts over 5000 posts needs to get out more.

I think it's worth noting that my posts-per-day rating isn't shockingly higher than yours, buddy :)

You'll have to excuse my earlier outburst, listening to stupid fanboys blather about "loyalty" to console manufacturers who couldn't care less about them (or about anything other than their financial bottom line) gets bloody tiresome after about seven years of it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by MAC_E
    It strikes me that anyone who posts over 5000 posts needs to get out more.

tip to Newbie: don't start a fight with Shinji, you wont win! :)

dont take it so literally, i didnt realise my choice in wording when i posted this simple poll was going to be taken so seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,471 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

just post the picture of him licking kevo's ear and you can't lose

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd post more than 5000 posts if I was getting paid for it.
    If your not getting paid for it shinji then I think he may be right:)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    I'd post more than 5000 posts if I was getting paid for it.
    If your not getting paid for it shinji then I think he may be right:)

Sense his posting started Feb 1998, you might be talking BS as usually???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

I have a PS2 and I love it. FF10, Vice City, Tekken 4, The Two Towers... enough to keep me occupied for a long time.
    If I could afford another console I'd buy a Game Cube, even though the games are a bit too cute. Hopefully there will be some more games aimed at the 12+ market coming out shortly!!:)
    I don't particularily like the X Box, it's ugly to look at and the controllers are horrible. That said I haven't played it much so I should reserve judgement.

Originally posted by Kalina
    and the controllers are horrible.

you could get the small controllers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭festivala

Originally posted by monument
    you could get the small controllers

They should come with it. The big ones are a joke. A bad joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    I'm finding pc games at the moment lacking any real imagination or even bring anything knew to the gaming scene. Consoles is where its at at the moment. The pc needs another half-life, warcraft or MOH pretty soon. Splinter cell might be the one.

Splinter Cell as mentioned.

What about

Unreal II
    MoH: Spearhead ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Some people seem to feel the way a machine looks can swing a sale ,strange!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Originally posted by astrofool
    just post the picture of him licking kevo's ear and you can't lose

shinji_loves_kev.jpg

ha ha, missed that lasted time it was posted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Seeing as alot of us play our games on pcs which are really just big ugly plastic boxes I can't understand how you could be fussy about how a console looks.

• Advertisement

death to stephen.

Advertisement