Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom 3 baby!!

Options
  • 02-11-2002 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

some unscrupulous folks have leaked the version of doom3 shown off at e3 earlier this year. 364mb she weighs in at and im in the process of dl her now. ill give my opinion in the morning. the ones for you retr0gamer ;) ooo i cant wait.

P.S its only a demo so its not really time for a warez monkey card to be played :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

dont you just love unscrupulous folks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

I say play that monkey card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Yah seen that ,tho wonder how it will run on normal graphics cards :)

All the pics are from a high end 9700 i think or somfin stupidly fast anyway

kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Quote from a friend of mine who downloaded it....
    On a 2200XP w/ GF3 it takes 3 minutes to load.
    - Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

where'd u get it from?

I WANT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Ever here the story about the boy who cried "Warez Monkey"?

He got his hand stuck in a dyke and his tongue turned black and fell out or something. I dunno, I'm a bit hungover.

oooooooook......

all in favour of ignoring amp for the next couple of hours raise their left hands.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

yeah doom 3 demo released but at 384mb bit too much for my 56k.I dl ut2003 demo 2 weeks ago and it nearly took a day at 97mb.Anywho any of you who do dl (and there is only 1 link i know of so far but still checkin) let us know and also what spec machine you plan running it on!!!

Petes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i still havent finished dl it :(
    as for the machines well both are not even nearly up to it :)

a P3 500mhz with a gf2mx
    and an athlon xp1500 with an s3 savage :)
    the s3 dosent even have a tnl unit and struggled with rtcw, opflash and ut2k3 so im not expecting much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

well there is no way im dl this.i just got the new demo of black hawk down from the front of a magazine and until i get broadband its the only way i go. Btw ne1 else play multiplayer of black hawk down??pretty nifty huh.

Petes

==========================================

Playin on

P4 2Ghz 512k cache
    384mb ddram
    GeForce Ti 4600

yes discostu thats great, but WHERE CAN I GET IT???

pretty please......

www.megagames.com is one such site.Follow the instructions.

Umm serious PC needed.

1.7 ghz
    512 ram
    G 3 ti 500

Stutters like a mad thing.

Looks nice tho.

Kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

FFS the official demo will b released by the time this is finished downloading.only 39 hours left yippee.eDonkey is a piece of tat,check out the user comments on megagames.com for some good info.COMBATCOW:D

pc should handle it : xp 2000+,Geforce4TI4400,512mg's ram

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Goto filemirrors.com
    search with
    'contains' (not begins with) and enter "iii"
    you'll see a lot of files. look for 317 MB and have fun!

:D EXCELLENT

COMBATCOW

on my system i get 5fps yay :)

damn thing wont work on the more powerful system ive got due to s3's mucho crappy drivers.

real real creepy game those zombies look amazing and the sounds are just great. this will be one hell (excuse the pun) of a game.

is it a playable version? or just some rolling demo? what guns what does it look like what what what......

1.1ghz, 256 ram gforce 3ti500 128mb - suggestions?

pyro i have a bit more than you and get 8 fps :(

twas 9 for a moment woo hoo.
    Fire a gun and its 1 tho its thee scariest game ever its DOOM ....

Kdja

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭melachi

Ok, I spent an hour downloading it.
    The graphics are brilliant, it's like one of those computer generated movies.
    Unplayable on the system I am using though
    5 fps when im standing still.
    0-1 fps when monsters show up.
    PIII 733mhz 384mb Ram Geforce2 mx.

A friend tried it with an AMD ATHLON XP 2000+ and a geforce4 ti4200 o/c to 4600 and got 40-60 fps.

Another one got around 30 fps standing still and 15 fps when monsters showed up with a P4 1.8 ghz geforce 3.

I will get a new machine next week so I will try it then.
    So far I can tell ya that it's real scary......
    Doubt that it'll be much of a multiplayer game, even if they or someone else decides to FIX a multiplayer code decent enough.

where'd you all get it from? i tried megagames but edonkey wont work and i cant find it :_( can someone host it or put it on kazaa or imesh or summat so i can dl it? pretty please....?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

FINALLY found somewhere to dl it and woohoo only 27 hours left!!

just found out 1 of my mates has it and he has a p4 2.5ghz, 1gig of ram and a Creative Labs Wildcat (their flagship card) series grfx card with 1428mb of on board ram!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i seen him play it at his house and he gets runnin bout the place: avg of 210fps!!!!! and shootin zombies and stuff: 150fps!!!!!!! wonder would he mind if i borrowed his comp for a while.....hmmm......

honestly this aint bs!!!

wait if he has it then y am i dling it.......

screw this! im off to play it...

Originally posted by Aragorn
    oooooooook......

all in favour of ignoring amp for the next couple of hours raise their left hands.....

I can arrange it so you don't see any of my posts in Games at all if you'd like...

....... a few hours are up amp, you can say what you rolleyes:

by the way, i was joking......

As was I. Now shut up and lets all get back on topic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,894 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll have to play it to believe if it's any good. Quake 2 was the best game ever at one stage on the lords of recieving cheques for good reviews, PCGamer. Prae you better be reading this get ur ass downloading it now you broadband sonofabitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Aragorn, you're joking right? The Wildcat cards are workstation cards. They're pretty much crap at running games. Even the newer cards aren't too good at it. There is no way he'd get the game running smooth with a fvcking workstation card.

I've benched them (for kicks) and they all did woefully.

BTW, 1428 MB RAM? Either that's a typo, or you haven't got a clue :rolleyes:

After some serious tweaking (the CFGs are mohaa like )
    I now get 30 fps (20 when the shooting starts)
    Sent a mate with ti 4600 my CFGS he getting 70 to 90 FPS these are seriously tweaked cfgs.

Game is without a doubt thee best looking game ever.
    Also scary as hell (you know its coming yet you still walk around that dark corner).

Tho here is a weird thing.
    I dont think this was leaked in anyway ,its simply a test.
    There is a map editor in the package and a lot of source ,who releases a demo for e3 with a map editor ???

And if you read tru the CFGs you will figure out how to use this editor and 1st to crack a map out wins a prizes methinks.

kdja

• Advertisement

multiplayer also works! tis a bastard to get working and it involves editing the maps supplied to add spawn points. the pistol is the only gun that works, others cause the game to crash.

a rumor going around is that ATI leaked it and that id are seriously fusking pissed off over it.

as for getting the multiplayer working a cant find the link anymore :( and i cant test it because i erased it, twas too big and about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement