Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Doom 3 stuff

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Prae justs wants to be like dead bank clerk and disco stu. No life. They will probably end up dead on the floor of DNC like that Korean twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I nearly died in DNC too... Died in fits of laughter when during one of the first all night sessions, some knacker came up to the window pi$$ed, and did pi$$

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That was gas. Gary went mental. The twat thought he was the man but nobody could see his little twodger. He definitely got the short straw when they were giving out genes.

Don't even take the pi$$ by even suggesting multiplayer unreal 1

Sniper rifle was good. So was the rocket launcher.

• Advertisement

except the sniper rifle was already done in goldeneye and outlaws and it looked crap. 2 words, Blob gun. What were epic thinking. I know they are $hit designers but the blob launcher was a low point. "Feel the wrath of my blobs". Give me a rocket launcher or po=po hand gun any day.

what r u saying i cant really see the screen...just talk to me u muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

darkmatch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

hmmm. yes well i'll have to say its looks fcuking amazing but as was said i have a bad feeling bout it. Ive always been an avid id fan and have supported them a lot. their games always brought something new to the genre - wolfenstein 3d; duh. doom series; HOLY SH*T! quake series; my god! rocket launchers!!! especially quake 3; nuts engine and gamplay ideas etc. then RTCW; nice engine, half-decent game. in my opinion that was the start of it. Game developers nowadays are focusing on visual quality rather than gameplay (bar a few like epic games and digital extremes). Looking at the screenshots, i get a strange sense of deja vu. In my mind i see 1 thing when i looked at these screenshots - Aliens vs. Predator 3. Sorry to whom this may offend but surely you must see it? maybe im drunk or high on sugar but either way im looking forward to doom 3 intensly. i dont care if it has sh*t gameplay, its doom3!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by pyro_teknix2005
    Game developers nowadays are focusing on visual quality rather than gameplay

Couldnt agree with this more. Who gives a crap what it looks like? as long as the graphics are decent im happy. I want a game that ill be playing for while.

Oh and prae and retr0gamer.....downlaod mirc fs:)

this is in reply to whoever was talkin bout co-op play and multiplayer and the like:
    "But there are still going to be multiplayer options right Todd?"

"You can expect simple deathmatch. Simple but fun, that's what we're going for."

anyone in this discussion who reads PCZone, whip out issue 118 and 120 and you'll see a preview in each about doom 3. the links you've shown in this thread, the screenshots i saw really quenched my fire for doom 3, when i read the 2 articles in the above issues and it re-ignited my fire big time.

I think this should finish the debate:

Doom 3 looks amazing.
    The focus is tilting more towards visual quality before gameplay but expect an amazing looking game that comes with an amazing single-player experience. The physics, the atmosphere, the BFG!!!!
    they're all there and trust me, i haven't played the game, i haven't talked to todd personlly but trust me, this game will be THE game.

end.

of course this is no doubtedly gonna spark off summat else but meh....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You have to really download the Gameplay Video to see how this game moves. Its unbelieveable, and when you see it, you REALLY want to play it. They have proper writers doing the script now, A first for ID. Im sure it will be grand, and Its in good hands :>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Originally posted by pyro_teknix2005
    RTCW; nice engine, half-decent game

Wasn't that done by nerve and nod iD?

nerve did the multiplayer side (which was brilliant), and gray matter did the single-player but were "helped" quite a lot by id who had a decent bit of say in the development of it

RTCW was great for half of the game and then got really bad when they introduced the annoying and silly uber soldat's. I would have been happy to keep killing nazi's. But instead I had to quicksave before and after I saw one of these annoying bastids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

If Doom 3 is going for atmosphere/scares then it has tough competition from games like AvP, AvP II, Clive barkers undying, Deus Ex and many others considering that RTCW was IMHO a very limited and boring game with no replay value...now people can say that the script writers are involved and the new graphics engine that gives the most realistic world yet will make this the most anticipated game ever to come but i dont see script writers and graphics as the backbone of a good game...

...when i go to play Doom3 (i will buy it...no question of that) i want to say that it was a new and eye opening game, that was pulled along with the level thinking that "Wow that was cool but I'm glad i got out of there!" somewhat of my fealings to the levels of the original Doom games

Its time to limit the quick saves or remove them alltogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,508 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

there's only about 10 uber soldat's in the whole game, and more than 200 or more nazi's ?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

To be honest, all I want out of Doom 3 is proper 3d Doom 2 with some new levels in the Doom 2 mould.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Well from the jist of the interview/pics of that magazine that were posted, it looks like they are putting gameplay first. The fact that it is mission based and has no anoying door/key puzzles does indeed look promising.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Mission based is progressive and all but...

...all i want to do is live in the past for a few hours! :p

A

They are actually putting in a red key card as a 'homage' to doom.
    I really don't want the monsters in doom3 to be like rtcw uber soldats.

yea if they'll be like the uber soldats it could get irritating. whoever we can just knock one down, stand on its chest so it can't get up and shoot the others the kill the one on the ground!!! WOOHOOO!!!! and another thing, id are doing scripted scenes :( so it won't have great replayability. ah well i'll play through it again untill my eyes bleed and i know absolutely everything about it!!!!!!

Advertisement