Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ODTR web site

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Xian

Originally posted by yellum
    We've got the copy with the comments though !

*cough*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

<adam waves at christian from 195.218.116.8>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by dahamsta
    <adam waves at christian from 195.218.116.8>
    Do not contact this IP. I did and a load of evil spiders crawled out of the computer. I'm having mighty trouble rounding them all up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

FFS - these are the guys that are supposed to scare these companies into doing something? :rolleyes:

Oh, and Hi Brian!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Doesn't strictly belong in this thread but it does mention the ODTR and I don't think it's worthy of a new thread.

Letter on p4 of the Sunday Times Business section (Sunday 13 October)
    TELECOMS COMPETITION: The poor telecoms infrastructure in Ireland in terms of cost and lack of availability is still holding back widespread use of intemet technology among small and
    medium-sized enterprises and is inhibiting optimum use of the technologies that are available.

This is a terrible indictment of the market after 10 years of economic boom and at a time when Ireland is seeking to position itself as a knowledge-based economy.

Nearly half of all businesses do not feel that there is adequate competition in the telecommunications market.

The telecoms regulator needs to adopt a tougher stance and the new minister must ensure that the regulator has the power to enforce. The government needs to be more aggressive in stimulating competition.

This is not a technology issue but a fundamental competitiveness issue for businesses and Ireland Inc.

Karen Hynes
    eBusiness Services
    Chambers of Commerce of Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Head-In-Sand , it's the best policy....There is no need for a decent infrastructure - afterall there is no interest in the Internet in Ireland.......reports prove it.

Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Re: Sunday Times, letter:-

Very neat and concise.

Even letters in the Sunday Times (Irish Edition) I am assuming.
    Are read by some extremely influential people.

Ms K Hynes is to be congratulated. However, it is a pity that she excluded "domestic" users, many of whom are operating small enterprises from home!.

Maybe, some Sunday Times journalists might pick up on the issue from her letter. They have a great investigative tradition especially through their "Insight Team".

Yours,

paddy20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

There is a story doing the rounds this morning about a
    (well known) Telecoms company who reviewed a decision (in Word.Doc format of course) from the ODTR that they had lying around in an email from the ODTR and which went against them,.

When they noticed they way the document had been edited they got VERY VERY mad, especially after they saw some of the comments made internally by senior ODTR personnel. To make it worse, one of the key comments is big time WRONG and would have materially influenced the ODTR decision.

I expect the solicitors to order the ODTR to preserve all of their backup tapes this week from the sound of it. Not having a backup tape is not an option lads....you may take this as a warning to go get them ready rather than destroy them.

In the distance I hear Santas sleighbells ring....or is that the ching ching of the wigs in the High Court.

M

Advertisement