Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamire.com - Beta Test Over

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm not being smart or anything but get rid of the guy who reviewed MOHAA. The review was absolutely dire. He definitely didn't do journalism in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    I'm not being smart or anything but get rid of the guy who reviewed MOHAA. The review was absolutely dire. He definitely didn't do journalism in college.

So you review games yourself?, if so we'll be happy to talk to you about posting your articles.

You can post a comment on any of the the articles on gamire.com but on the site not here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Of course you can only post positive comments about the site, which is prolly hard to do.

And yes i`m still fuming over the treatment of my visually impaired mate - you smug git :mad:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I think Gary responded to the question about the visually impaired. - "It has already been pointed out that there will be a font sizing/selection tool and new skins in the over the next few weeks. Which will assist anyone who is visually impaired so.. question - answer." – Gary.

"Of course you can only post positive comments about the site, which is prolly hard to do." - bazH

so here is some bad comments which are still on the site...

(No. 1.) "glad to see that the people over at dNC are on scheduel as per usual.... you people are a joke." [btw most of us dont work 4 dnc] (No. 2) "Nothing special." (No.3) and loads bad comments about the bright red which we fixed

Only two posts that I know of have ever being deleted
    (1) the one your talking about
    (2) an off topic rant which had notting to do with games

If you ever suspect any post is wrongly deleted please let me know, i will do my best to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Just had a quick read of the site.

Design-wise, its fine - in fact, its a probably a lot better looking than some of the bigger websites out there.

The actual content does vary hugely in quality though. There are some reviews that make me wince when I read them, while others are of a high standard. I presume the writer's work is all done voluntarily, but it really is no excuse to have this sort of variation in quality. I'd suggest, if you want to compete with the bigger sites, that you enforce a harsh editorial stance - if the article isn't up to scratch, tell the writer what's wrong and get them to redraft it - its guaranteed to bring up the standard of their work. Just because an article is submitted, it doesn't mean it has to be put on the site. As the phrase that's often bandied about goes: its quality, not quantity, that's important.

Oh, and some more news would be nice.

(Negative as the above post sounds, I still like the site and will return.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Originally posted by bazH
    Of course you can only post positive comments about the site, which is prolly hard to do.

And yes i`m still fuming over the treatment of my visually impaired mate - you smug git :mad:

You can post any comments you like and once they follow the Terms of Use we won't touch them whether we agree with those comments or not. We deleted some comments about the red the last time because the Red was gone from the centre panel... deleted on the grounds of having no relevancy.

As for your visually impaired friend I answered his original comment by letting him know that we would be adding font sizing/selection options and selectable skins to the site. I added this information to the article itself. I then replied to his complaint that we deleted his comments by stating this information again. That's 3 different times/places I have explained this (not including no.4 now) what exactly do you want?

We have a comment facility on every article to allow us to get proper feedback. So that people on the likes of boards.ie don't have to listen to stuff that isn't relevant to them.

NekkidBibleMan - I totally agree with you but we're just beginning our long road so it will take us a while to get to where we want to be. Thanks for your feedback.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Nekkid, your post might be negative, But at least its backed up with good points.

Were currently setting up reviewing guide line and other controls to hopefully help standerds.

And you should see an increase in news with in the next week :)

Advertisement