Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The hardest game of all time

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

The Never Ending Story..on the amiga. It just wouldnt end...literally! Bollox if I could ever get past that tower climbing level.

Jet Set Willy - Is that bug serious? I actually thought my dad finished it along with Manic Miner. Maybe the c64 version didnt have the bug. Bugger hard game all the same :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

This actually came up in coverstation between friends and I, recently. But our unanimous decision was that a game called Ripper was probably the hardest game we had played.

The game dates back to 1996 for the PC, and came on 6 CDs. To guess there was a lot of FMV sequences in this game, you would be correct, as no game logic needs that much storage. It was a point & click type adventure, which I could only describe as Myst, with movement transitions between each still. Also (the hollywood actor) Christopher Walken played a role in the game.

The entire game wasn't difficult but there were a few puzzles that were near impossible, and I can't actually remember any of us getting past a particular bit that involved aligning different coloured crystals in a 2D board. We obtained hints in the game as to what we had to do, but even they didn't point towards a logical explanation. In the end we exhausted our patience, and used a walkthru to pass that particular section. After that one of my mates finished the game, and we were all happy. The end sequence was rather good, and the tune "Don't fear the reaper" - Blue Oyster Cult, featured in the game.

;-phobos-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You've got to be joking about the last boss in FF8. First time I played I beat him in less than 15 minutes. Maybe it was because I named him Fluffy by accident.

Maximum respect to earthhorse how beat r-type 3 a feat I never accomplished.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Why thank you. I'm trying to repeat the feat on snes9x recently but the graphics go funny on level 2 and I haven't the enthusiasm for games I used to.
    originally posted by TinCool
    A tough game alright but by no means impossible.

Sounds like you have a case against the makers of Impossible Mission for false advertising. Now state and federal law forbid me from promising you a big cash settlement but just between you and me I promise you a big cash settlement.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Head over Heels on the c64
    Batman the caped crusader part 1 and 2
    Both absolute nightmares

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Tie Fighter! argh! Thanks Belisarius, remember that F£*(& £&$*ka8&!ing mission with the gravity-well generator ship? :)

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Imperial Indedictor Cruiser "Bomb" under Commander Namura din

etched into the very essense of my soul

That bastard zaarin and his endless hordes of TIE Defenders still haunt me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I never finished Tie Fighter. I got stuck on the bit when you have to defend the emperor in his shuttle from annoyingly fast a-wings. The stupid twat kept driving straight into trouble and getting totalled on ion cannons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AnnaLee123

I can't remember exactly but the first one i come to think of would be The Last Ninja on C64, granted i was a young sprout at the time but i have tried the game later in my life and man it is tricky with those controlls

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Locking thread as it's 22 years old.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES for me. Stupid **** jellyfish 😫

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement