Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rape

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

S O R R Y G O R D A N:)
    Anyway clintonscat my example has quite alot to do with the situation in question . The problem usually isnt that the Gardai dont know who did it , its proving he did . Sure you have circumstantial eveidence and so forth but theyre nervous about prosecuting where DNA evidence aint available . If the attacker is the local thug with a record they will most likely charge hm on the girls word . But if its the college kid from the good family its his word against the girls . Therefore a little old fashioned techniques need to ne used . Get to the real world for a mo- if some1 burgles your house and he gets of with a fine he wont be arsed and may well burgle your house again. Kick the ****e out of him and he will be too afraid . Perhaps you will be forced to learn that someday .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

S O R R Y G O R D A N
    Anyway clintonscat my example has quite alot to do with the situation in question . The problem usually isnt that the Gardai dont know who did it , its proving he did . Sure you have circumstantial eveidence and so forth but theyre nervous about prosecuting where DNA evidence aint available . If the attacker is the local thug with a record they will most likely charge hm on the girls word . But if its the college kid from the good family its his word against the girls . Therefore a little old fashioned techniques need to ne used . Get to the real world for a mo- if some1 burgles your house and he gets of with a fine he wont be arsed and may well burgle your house again. Kick the ****e out of him and he will be too afraid . Perhaps you will be forced to learn that someday .

So are you saying the guards know who did it but are refusing to prosecute?Or is this more of your wide eyed speculation?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It's understandable, it's just not the best thing to go off and seek retribution on your own. You could end up being in more trouble than the perpitrator.

I believe wholeheartedly that what goes around comes around even though it is impossible to rest your mind on that. Kicking the ****e out of someone will not necessarily stop them from doing it again. They may feel that they have been vindicated and their sentence has been given, therefore they can go again without worry.

To really fight this - one would have to put their energy where their mouth is and go out within the law and do whatever one has to do to get justification. That is the real world I believe. If our judicial system was replaced by vigilantes there would be madness, anarchy. (t'would be like no moderators on boards, instead everyone would be given the ban button... hmmmm, interesting idea.... hmmm..... )

Ccat, my phone bill is massive today(!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Apologies Gordon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Originally posted by smiles
    Don't touch the guy - let the guards get him. If you/your mates attack him then you'll just muddy up her case against him.

<< Fio >>

Ireland is a big country, lots of wide open spaces......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

In all honesty the testosterone level to this thread has become toxic. Have any of the would-be vigilantes ever executed such justice before? Participated or even witnessed such violence? Heard a skull crack as you pound it with an iron bar? Felt skin yield to a knife? Watched someone’s eyes go dry after they’ve stopped breathing? I doubt it.

Sounds more like a herd of boys standing in a circle measuring their respective todgers. More interesting to do that than to consider the victim of this appalling crime, which was the whole point of this thread.

As I said, the testosterone level to this thread has become toxic, and has become so off-topic to merit its euthanasia.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Jesus what a bunch of tupthumping adolescent losers. "If someone did that to someone I knew I'd... blah blah blah"

You idiots are solely concerned with massaging your own egotistical machismo. People who see violence as an easy problem solving device help produce a society where horrific crimes like this occur.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by The Gopher
    ClintonsCat-You admit the gurads are lazy.But at the same time taking the law into your own hands is wrong.Maybe you live in a California style gated comuinty with security guards in Dalkey with doctors and lawyers as your neighbours,but if you lived in the real world,the world full of nuisance neighbours,skangers whod rob the eys of you and paedophiles,all groups who are often unlucky to get their wrist slaped with an extremely light ruler by the justice system,then youd understand.If your an old man and some young guys keep drinking and shooting heroin on your front line,you tellem to piss of and they laugh at you and throw an empty beer can at you.You tell the cops and they go to their houses,tellem to piss off,and for the next few weeks the lads take their revenge by throwing rocks at your windows daily.You tell your beefy grandson to sort it out and their too sore from the crowbar to cranium impact injuries to harass you.
    Capeesh?

Man where do you live Compton or somewhere.
    If I was you money, I'd roll up in my six fo' and pop a cap in dey asses. God damn five o cant do nuthing right anyway. :rolleyes:

How is being a vigilante going to solve anything? All it will do is get you in trouble.
    Sure, all you vigilantes on boards.ie can think of this thread when you are serving 5-10 for GBH or manslaughter or whatever you get after taking the law into your own hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Originally posted by Makaveli

Man where do you live Compton or somewhere.
    If I was you money, I'd roll up in my six fo' and pop a cap in dey asses. God damn five o cant do nuthing right anyway. :rolleyes:

Whoa ma nigga we gotta do this s*it bro.Whitey the pig dont give sh*t about young brothaz dyin cos they cross those gayass motha****az Crips.Those cracka assed bitches better know they ride or collide with us,hear what im sayin homes.Increase the peace between ma thugz.

Right in Queens English now.Perhaps most of you come from areas where the cops do a pretty good job but up here if you report something they wont take any action worth mentioning if the person is under 18,and precious little more if theyre over it.I remember when some pensioner was murdered around here the guy was on an assault charge for months(I think it was upgraded to manslaughter but still WTF is happening?).Somebody kills somebody else and is charged with assault the first time round?If the man in the street found out some pervert had tried to harm his kids and he beat the ****e out of him and even killed him he could be facing 5-10 years inside.But if the pervert harmed the kids he would get off with a slap on the wrist.Ive seen cases in the papers where somebody may have abused a child on a single occasion and because they werent raped in the legal sense of the word theyve gotten off with a fine and an order to be put on a register for 3 years.A register-ooooohhh,they must be terrified!:rolleyes: Imagine spending 3 long lonesome years on a register with only your total freedom to walk the streets to console you.Terrifying:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

There's no justice anymore, just the law....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

The girl needs to be cared for right now and more than likely doesn't want her friends/relatives getting into further trouble. Let the police deal with it, which sadly may not amount to much if the attacker is U18 or mentally disturbed. The attitude however to rapists and paedophiles is changing rapidly and with a bit of luck the law will change to reflect this.

Why are the 'vigilantes' being condemed for speaking aloud. This is a forum after all. Everybody says things that they probably wouldn't do.

Advertisement