Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i was just gonna start a thread about this :)

Started watching it a couple of years ago, then stoped cause i 4got what channel and time it was on!! weird excuse i know but i never really made a point of looking at it, but somehow came accross it time and time again... when ever its on :)

It's good alrite, nice little insights to prison life and history ala the black dude. Don't know about all this nudity and ghey rapage thou! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Oz is a good show. At first it's a little consfusing with so many plotlines and principle characters but continuous viewing yields its reward. Suspension of disbelieve is required with an average of 2-3 murders per week but the acting is strong and the storylines are involving and intriguing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

What i love about the show is the fact that absolutly anybody (bar the narrator, and even then you never know) could bite the dust at anytime. Adibisi's death last week was shocking. Great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

I watch it when ever i can on TG4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

i actually rather watching it on tg4 mmmm s t range!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I find i get a better TV recption on TG4 usually so i can watch it better on that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The ad breaks are shorter on TG4 too.

edit: to fix my glaring grammatical mistake.

go on da gaeilge and da bad ass tg4!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

ya another tg4 personage ere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Don't know if this was already pointed out, but Adibisi was killed off so that he could take part in the Mummy Returns :)

• Advertisement

hey i never knew that , cool!

See it tonight?
    Your man,
    that was killed
    was the bad guy with the blonde hair in the first Rush Hour movie.
    Just thought I'd mention that in case any of you recognise but cant remember where from.

Last nights episode was pritty good alright. I was amazed that they were able to fit so much into that episode.

I thought that chineese guy was pritty funny. Everyone else saw what was going to happen but he didnt .... muppet. I can see that new guy taking Adibisi place ... if he dont die first. He is not liked buy the mafia lads (Cant remember there names :( ).

Oh... it really is getting better after that last episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Winters-Of the 2 guys you refer to only one is in the real mafia.Ive gathered that the way it works is that Chucky Pancamo(leader of the Italian mafia guys)and Morales(leader of the Hispanics)are aligned with each other to distribute drugs to their seperate gangs.When Adebisi was around he was head of the black drug dealers and he was a great busnissesman,able to easily get drugs into Oz.Now the blacks are lead by Poet,who is doing a far less decent job.It would seem that Pancamo and Morales were never any good at bringing in drugs,and therefore bought theirs of Adebisi to distribute to their own dealers.Therefore drugs are now alot more scarce in Oz.But Pancamo and Morales see Burr Redding(a black drugs baron and leader of the gang Augustus Hill,the disabled narrator,used to deal with)as a threat.Redding wanted the guys to attempt a hit on them,thinking that if he survived he would earn their respect and therfore a part in the drug trade.But Morales knew Redding was a tough bastard and didnt want to lose in a murder attempt on him,and so tried to trick his Chinese"friend" to do it.But he was too honest and reported Reddings"threats"against the chinese to McManus,who warned Redding he would be the prime suspect in any attacks on the chinese.And so Morales killed the chinaman to frame Redding.

Yea.. i got all that.... i am now waiting for the next episode too see what happens to the new black dude that wants to take things over ... whats his name..

As far as i can see TG4 are only 1 or 2 episodes behind C4. According to entertainment.ie the next episode on TG4 is the one woth the TV crew..

Anyone see Oz on TG4 last night.... Adibisi did die.....again. I always like to watch that episode. McManus is so happy once he shows Leo the video of Adibisi's party.

Im looking forward to tonights episode on Channel4.

Yup, finally got to see Adibisi die.
    Missed the first half of tonights episode, well at least I have TG4 for catch up.
    Actually I think E4 repeats the episode on a friday night. Is that right?

Yep E4 Friday night at 9.I wished id watched that ep with Adebisi dying but I was at a my nans house and she never boithered tuning in TG4.I was about to but i remembered Winters saying it was the tv crew ep and i said"**** it,its such an awful episode i cant be arsed tuning it in"
    F*CK YOU WINTERS!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :p
    Look,Ill let you off if it were that websites fault but if not-you tit!:D

Im sorry....
    /me slaps entertainment.ie

I wasent looking forward to watching it again but when i noticed that there was no TV Crew i though "Oh **** .. someone is gonna hate me" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

ah so tis is the thread that keeps winters' post count up:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Actually the RTE Guide said it was the tv crew one aswell, but I knew TG4 werent going to skip an episode so I watched it and well I got it right.

everytime i see that programme , it makes me want a tatoo even more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

what i wana know is then will oz.jpg this man bring on the WAR...

Anyone see lastnights episode on channel4?

I should have sounted all the murders, deaths,stabbings and beetings that went on because i cant remember all of them that went on...

All i can remember is how to make a weapon from
    a) A Toothbrush
    b) A Bed Spring
    c) Razer blade and pencil

Useful information that ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

i saw it. some very useful info there....

unfortunately the last 10mins was cut off :(
    the screen just went fuzzy and didn't come back till the next program started.

did that happen to anyone else?

Actually there were no murders last night as far as i can see(theyre turning into pussys them inmates:D )The only death was your man who died from the experimental drug.Beechers brother definetely survived when Robson stabbed him and im fairly sure Supreme Allah did too.And on the subject of himself wouldnt it hurt like fuk to kick the crap out of somebody while in bare feet?:p Anyway theres bound to be some bloodshed next week.The Aryans will probably get pissed that Leroy Tidd didnt kill Said and may resort to doing the deed themselves and killing lazy Leroy in the process.The Chinese guy is on a mission to kill Morales,Supreme Allah is on a mission to kill Redding and possibly Hill,Redding is trying to kill Allah,Allah is probably trying to kill Ryan O Reilly..........its all a vicious coircle with everybody conspiring and being conspiried against:D
    Phreak,I got a bit of bad picture too but it didnt go fully off.About 3 or 4 times the picture kind of rolled like a bad videotape does but it didnt fully go off:)

Originally posted by Phreak
    did that happen to anyone else?

All that happened in the end I think was
    keller got shipped off to another prison and beecher made peace with schillinger

Also two cameos last night, Method Man shanked Supreme Allah, and Rick Fox returned for the first time since the riot I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

thx Makaveli.

I didnt have any problem with the picture last night....it was garand all the way through.

I wonder what will happen to keller cos from whai i see in imdb he is still in the show: Prisoner #98K514 Christopher Keller (1998-present) so i dont think he is gonna die and i can see him returning to Oz ...

• Advertisement

Yeah he comes back into it.
    I've read a load of the stuff on the HBO site.
    Don't go there it's just wall to wall spoilers.
    I know who will and wont die too. :(

Oh yeah, since when is Luke Perry in it? And there are only 4 episodes left in series 4. So we're gonna be left wanting for a while I reckon.
    Guess it'll be time to splash out and get the season 1 boxset on dvd.

Advertisement