Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oz

Options
  • 24-07-2002 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

does anybody else watch this ? it`s set in a jail , just started watching it a coulpe of weeks ago and think its really good .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

yea, I've been watchin it on and off (the time it's on makes it difficult)

but it is fairly cool so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

yeah , you see it last night ? it was fairly good , .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

ROFL!!

darthmise you like it then ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Theres already an Oz thread at the bottom of this page.Agreed it is a brilliant show-the last few episodes havce been the best so far since i started watching a few months back.Its also on TG4 a few episodes behind on Monday nights at varying times(usually between 10:30 and 11 starting).

• Advertisement
  • Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Love the show, and have only seen a few of them.
    Really gets your views on prisons rolling.

Saw that one on monday night, and it had me gripped.
    Would someone be so kind as to tell me what other channels does it appear on, and what times?

I generally just flick the channels late some nights and just happen to come across it...

I`m sorry , i did`nt know there was a thread about this already , here listen i think it was channel 4 that i was watching it on last night , at about half 11 , i will check it for you later .yeah its an excellent programme .

Oz is on Channel 4 around 11:30 Tuesday,mentioned above about TG4 in my previous post,and starting on E4 first friday in August at 9 i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Am I the only person on boards who has watched it since the first series???

Remarkable thing is that it hasn't gone downhill one bit.
    Brilliant show.

Must get series one on DVD.

Angelwhore-You most likely are.Because Channel 4 hid it in the 4Later slot,the home of everything bad about late night tv,the rest of us thought it was,well,god knows what!In the same league as the rest of late night crap tv.How wrong we were........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by The Gopher
    starting on E4 first friday in August at 9 i think.

great stuff. i saw a few episodes on TG4 (i think, could have been Channel 4) and i thought it was excellent

I wish i had seen it from the first series , i`m really getting into it now . yippee a programme worth watching!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

my favorite show on tv atm :)

it's the only show that i'd bother making a cup of tea before watching... followed closely by law & order(gah i wish sky1 would take it out of the 2.40 because me is tired). and 6 feet under.

6 feet under , that`s gotta hurt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by The Gopher
    Angelwhore-You most likely are.Because Channel 4 hid it in the 4Later slot,the home of everything bad about late night tv,the rest of us thought it was,well,god knows what!In the same league as the rest of late night crap tv.How wrong we were........

In that case, maybe I'm also the only one who liked 4Later?

Apart from Oz, there was Vids, and Bits (Being the only decent games show ever made) as well as many bizzare and brilliant independant animations, some rather interesting programmes about serial killers and true life stuff. Not to mention some god damn ****ing brilliant movies.

All in all, it was a god damn lot better than Big Brother Live all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I've been watching it from the start aswell, great stuff altogether.

Vids was f*cking class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yes.. if you looked you would find my :D

There on Channel4 at around 11:30 on Tuesdays and around the same time on TG4 on Monday.. Ive been watching it for a while now and its possibly the best show that on tv at the moment. Its really going to get (more) interesting now after last tuesdays episode on Channel4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Four later was brilliant, And I blame it for my current insomnia + staggering late night IRC feuled phone bills , Oz was on a good three years before I fink (?) on a Thursday night on C4 , there was a rather dodgy show with Micheal "resevoir dogs" madsen on after it ,which I used to love aswell . Beyond that there was Vids , which is easily like my most favouritist show leik ...evar! . Nigel's rants were lifechanging , tbh I never liked Bits ,but it wasnt bad compared to the ****e they have now . Latenight poker warrants a mention . And the glut of kitshie little documentaries shorts and films . Its a shame we got bumped to digital , now i have E4 , instead of 4later i have repeats of Sex in the f*cking city and Big brother.
    Criminal :(

Originally posted by Belisarius
    tbh I never liked Bits ,but it wasnt bad compared to the ****e they have now

Cant argue there. I used to catch it sometimes on Friday or somefin. It kept you awake which was good... but the yolk they have now isint very good... they forget about the hugh PC market and only seem to go on about that feckin XBOX yolk...
    Originally posted by Belisarius
    Latenight poker warrants a mention

Possibly one of the most boring yet strangly addicitve show ever. If you turn down the sound and not listen the that guys commentary you could fall asleep very easily. Turn on the commentary and you become engulfed in wonder as Jimmy Two Eyes makes his trademark move of tipping the top of his cap!!! WOW! :D

I would love to know why TG4 show the program.. why not RTE or TV3 .. the two biggest stations? RTE probably though irish people wouldnt watch that stuff and gave it to TG4 or something :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

OZ is great all right.
    I think I've seen since series 2, or the end of 1.

Late Night Poker is strange as you feel compelled to watch it, but if it was called Mid-Day Poker and shown at 3 in the afternoon you wouldnt go near it.

• Advertisement

Anyone see last nights episode? I though it was funny how that reporter dude got the sh*t knoked into him only to have the network not show the documentary they were working on :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Yeah I must say I'm an avid fan since season 1 also.

I been watching the tg4 episodes lately but watched the c4 one last night and was ****ed off to see it was ahead of tg4.

Adebissi is dead in the channel 4 one!!! CRAP! (spoiler!)

guess who does it but!!!

Yea.. i started watching the one on Channel4 and to know whats going on i was also watching the one on TG4. He, He. I wouldnt recommend anyone thats watching the one on TG4 to switch over to C4... it will ruin it for ya.

I was actually a little disappointed with last nights C4 ep.It just had something missing-perhaps because most of the time was spent in those boring interviews with the prisoners and we saw less of the usual plot(e.g the drug dealing,killing,fighting etc etc).It was a historic episode however-it must be the first where nobody was killed:D But it basically was a very bad episode of an absoloutely brilliant programme.It was also the start of the second half of the season(in the US it took a break i think).Lets hope the following episodes are as good as the ones im used to seeing.And another thing-wasnt it a bit stupid the way that Adebisis death was mentioned only in a few sentences by Kareem and Poet despite the fact he was one of the shows main characters?It could have made for an interesting storyline.

yeah i was looking at it meself last night , not the same level of violence alright , but i really lov that programme , but man it fu*ks ya up watchin it on tg4 and c4 , jeepers me got ta stop donig that.

God nobody gets killed and it would seem like the program has gone crap. :rolleyes:
    There's more to it than people dying.
    Last night annoyed me because I didnt know Adibisi was dead. Other than that it was another solid episode.
    Jesus Gopher and Old Yellar how did you stand watching the last series where far less people died?

OZ'S FINAL SEASON PREMIERES IN 2003
    Production has concluded on Oz's final eight episodes. Cast and crew are understandably down but their spirits were high all the way to the end. Lips are sealed on storylines, character development, and other cool inside information but Executive Producer Tom Fontana explains these episodes will "..finish telling the story I originally set out to tell." Oz was HBO's first hour-long drama series. More features on this and past Oz seasons is forthcoming.

Just read the above on the official site.

[edit]On another point. After looking through the site, I see that I have watched it from Season 1. I just couldnt remember.[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

hmmmmm im glad there's another season coming out cause i feckin read what happens at the end of the last season so far and tis a big spolier
    oz is better than the sopanros!!!
    were the dvd's

I wasnt saying it was crap because nobody died-it was merely a humourous observation;) What was bad about it was the way that certain plots were ignored such as Adebisis death.The only thing heard of it was Said mentioning that he had been found not guilty by way of self defence,as well as a short insignificant mention by Poet.Also,it didnt exactly show what so bad your man Eldridge had done against the O Reilly brothers-it merely said he showed them in a bad light.Could have been more specific.Its just this kind of thing that you dont expect from such a normally well written programme.For example they copuld have made Kareem Saids trial into a storyline but instead it was dismissed like nothing much.
    Ah well,Im not giving up yet.Even the best shows have their off days.But some US shows such as the X Files and soith park get useless as time goes on.Lets hope Oz doesnt go the same way.

• Advertisement

originally posted by Makaveli

Jesus Gopher and Old Yellar how did you stand watching the last series where far less people died?

what can i say , i like a bit of action and well death!

Advertisement