Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your scary experiences, (paranormal/normal)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Lei Xiejiang

A spooky Greenish Brown mist coming down from a mountain outside Canton, it wasn't anything paranormal though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭walt

Beat! He 'followed' you home? wtf. I thought they could only come into your house through ouija, seances etc. I thought they had to be invited into your home. So a spirit could follow you home. That is scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I moved house a lot when I was young, and a couple of the houses I lived in were very old and dodgy. There was one in particular in West Cork... a very old big house and everybody knew it was haunted. Nobody ever lived there for long, and there were were a lot of stories about it locally. Things were normal for awhile, until unusual things started happening. I remember the footsteps in the hallways when nobody was around, sounds of gravel at the window, and a lot of stuff that you could easily say was imagined or someone playing tricks.

But the most sinister thing I remember about the house was the cold room. It was a sitting room that we never used because there was always a significant chill there. Even though it was similarly designed to other rooms, and facing in the same direction, it was always a few degrees colder than anywhere else in the house. Maybe because it was abandoned, or maybe because we sensed something there, but me and my sister were terrified of that room.

When stuff started happening, a swarm of bees came down the chimney and filled the room. They stayed there for a few weeks but after they left, all the scary stuff at night stopped too. I read that bees have often been regarded as wise and even holy insects, having foreknowledge as well as knowledge of many secret matters, and a long time ago they were regarded as divine messengers. We left the house soon after so I never got to find out anymore about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

dont believe whatever was here before as my friend got access to my account and made up some bullshlt ghost story.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Originally posted by walt
    Beat! He 'followed' you home? wtf. I thought they could only come into your house through ouija, seances etc. I thought they had to be invited into your home. So a spirit could follow you home. That is scary.

yes, they can attach themselves to you from anywhere...hence, your father died in the hospital, but now his spirit dwells in your home...sometimes you may even think its someone you know, or someone who used to live there, nope, they just followed someone there and decided to stay...in my case the spirit influenced some of the decisions I made (so says the psychic) so perhaps he needed to get somewhere and he thought I could take him there, I believe this to be the case, I am now spirit free. I think I knew where I took him as well. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Qualm

Wowsers, some of those stories!..

Nothing truly paranormal of the above form has happened to me, just this one time when I was a kid, one of those "seeing" the future dreams.
    I cant remember when it was exactly, but I was deep asleep, and my dad came in to turn off the light in my room when I sat bolt upright with my eyes open and said loudly
    "I cant see the Messerschmidts(sp?), where are the Messerschmidts?!"
    My dad told me this in the morning and I was like "Whats a Messerschmidt?" And he told me what it was. Then he picked up the paper and read that the last Messerschmidt that had been in use up til recently had crashed. So that was a bit weird. (btw, Messerschmidts are old german war planes)

Also, a friend of mines uncle had been staying in a friends house that they said was haunted. He didnt beleive it til he felt small hands touching and stroking his face while he slept. He just kept his eyes closed until it stopped, then went back to sleep. Later on in his stay, he was reading or something in his room when he heard small girls playing on some old metal stairs that had in the past been there, they were pestering him and shouting and stuff, so he asked them to stop, and they did. Nice when apparitions listen to you! The owners told him it had been an old orphanage long before they bought it and were well used to such things happening.

Wish I had things like that happen to me. I once saw a friends aura the first time i meditated, but thats it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

can you actually see someones aura or is it just a cheap gimmick(a guy holding a torch behind the person you are looking at's head) to get ppl to meditate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

they've developed camera's that can photograph the light around you in such a way and judging from the outlay of the colours and how deep/light they are can tell a lot about your aura...........apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Some studies show that a baby in the womb can see peoples auras. I don't know how true this is or how it works. It is supposed to go away not long after they are born, about the time they start to be able to see properly. This was used to explain how babies always seemed to recognise their parents by sight even though at a couple of days old they cannot see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PyjamaMan

erm, babies recognise their parents through smell, why do u think they give the baby to the mother striaght after it is born, the first person they smell, they regard as mother, therefore it recognises the mothers scent afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

A bit off topic but possibly because she has spent so long getting the damn thing outta her, she would like to see what it's all been for.

Like I said I don't know how true it is and I never said that I ascribe to it. ^Curious hat^ How do they recognise their father ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PyjamaMan

the male who is around them the most?
    i can remember before my big sister moved into her house with her husband, i was around her kid all the time and to be honest i think it thought i was the father because i was the only fella it wouldnt cry at =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds
    You put all your faith in science and then you hear stuff like that :eek:

Not necessarily incompatible, science will probably reveal rational explanations for all kinds of spooky **** in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

I usually don't believe in things like this but I'll share my story to suit my fellow friends....

One night around 1 am I was heading back from a party with this guy friend. We were in of course a big redneck truck (He was a redneck, and was the last one of those I dated). We were on this back road that was not paved and it had rained a few nights before and the roads were still a lil muddy.
    As we were winding this curve a bright cloudy image passed in frount of us and "redneck" slammed on the brakes, and asked me "What the hell was that!"
    I explained that I had no idea.

A few days later my mother and I were driving on the same backroad on the way back from the beer store...No drinking involved yet....and the same shadow crossed on the same turn....

Not to spoil it for all you ghost believers....Mother and I stoped, and backed the car, and decided that everytime the headlights from the car hit the puddle of water it formed the shadow in the foggy air....from some sort of bending of light.

Anyhow...it was scary the first time it happened... Enjoy!

~DR~

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

uhoh, monty's a comin.

Though I did enjoy your little story :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Apparently animals such as cats and dogs can see ghosts that we can't, and auras aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

How bored do you have to be to go looking for threads that are 2 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

How bored do you have to be to go looking for threads that are 2 years old.

lol, i just found this thread, found it quite interesting!! good read

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Not quite paranomal but odd in a nice sorta way.

My mum was telling me about her friend's dog who died recently.
    The dog was a lovely little thing who was very protective of the family and especially the kids and all the neighbours knew the dog too.
    Anyway, the dog always slept under the kitchen table but one night she insisted (not verbally!) on sleeping at the end of the stairs. She just wouldn't leave the hall so they just left her at the bottom of the stairs.
    In the wee hours, the woman remember the dog coming into their bedroom and walking over to her side of the bed and licking her face, just once. Then she went over to the other side of the bed and licked her husband's face, also just once.
    Then she left the room.
    The next morning they found the dog curled up at the end of the stairs apparently asleep. Well, she wasn't asleep and had actually died.
    It was then that they discovered that the dog had also gone into the other two bedrooms and licked the faces of the the two girls in each. Just once and then left.

I'm not one who really puts a lot in all this mumbo-jumbo but I swear that dog just knew she was going to die during the night and wanted to say goodbye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭the cat

I see weird Things. like one time i saw a person walk by my door then another time when i was walking down the hall in my house i saw the giant rabbit from donnie darko. I also remember when I was younger, someone was knocking on my window. then all these lights, dont have a clue what it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

It's interesting how many of these weird things occur when people are asleep, going to sleep or just about to wake up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

A while ago,I did something that would've pissed off a deceased relative.. pissed him off quite greatly, infact. Anyway, I began to wake up with scratches all over me. I put this down to my skin condition,and it irritating me,thus making me scratch myself during the night. This went on for about 4 months, until a couple of friends joked that my house must be haunted. So the end the reign of jokes,I went downstairs, got my mothers holy water, and sprayed it all around my room. Never woke up with any scratches ever since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

i was scared ****less when i saw green eyes lookin at me under my covers..........weird + used to hear things!!!! my house must have been haunted!!!:dunno: :(

Advertisement